Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farbio GTS/Supercharged GTS

Farbio GTS/Supercharged GTS

Press Release September 2007

We are delighted to announce the exciting arrival of the new, all British Farbio GTS.

Now in production at our factory near Bath, the stunning Sports Car has a full carbon fibre body, space framed chassis, complete flat underfloor (incorporating a rear diffuser), giving the GTS an exceptional aerodynamic grip level. It has exquisite, flowing lines and an understated elegance combined with style, giving a truly refined sports car with outstanding performance.

Base price is £59,925 for the normally aspirated model and £71,675 for the Supercharged version.

The car is mid-engine ranging from a 262bhp normally aspirated model with 0 – 60mph in 4.8 seconds (est), up to 384bhp for the Rotrex Supercharged version with 0 – 60mph in 3.9 seconds (est).

The Farbio GTS has an impressive power-to-weight ratio of 360bhp per ton (250bhp per ton for the normally aspirated car). It is lightweight, weighing in at a nimble 1066kgs for the Supercharged model and 1048kgs for the normally aspirated version.

Brakes are AP Racing with Four Pot Callipers, 350mm vented front discs and 328mm rear, giving immense braking capabilities.

Suspension is fully adjustable dampers with Eibach coil-over springs to give the car an exciting, precise driving experience – a feature omitted from many modern day sports cars.

GTS customers will be able to tour in comfort with the spacious, ergonomic interior, with fully adjustable Sparco reclining seats allowing for a 6’6” driver. The controls have an easy accessibility with the touch-screen featuring satellite navigation, air conditioning and sound system as standard.

Long distance touring is made easier due to the 76 litre fuel tank and 220 litre boot capacity, which can incorporate a full size set of golf clubs or luggage.

Farbio Sports Cars has the benefit of an £11million order book for the next three years with customers from the UK, USA, Scandinavia and Thailand. Our UK waiting list is currently 8 months at the time of going to press.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Farbio GTS Specification

Standard Specification
    Full carbon fibre body
    Touch-screen control with satellite navigation, radio and bluetooth capability
    Electric windows
    Electric folding wing mirrors
    19" Multispoke alloy wheels
    Toyo Proxes T1-R low profile tyres
    6-speed manual gearbox
    4 pot AP racing brakes with vented discs
    Power assisted steering
    Air conditioning with climate control
    Sparco Milano reclining seats
    Heated rear screen
    Twin Exhaust
    Remote central locking
    Immobilizer
    Bespoke Leather Organiser Pouches (designed by Bill Amberg)

Optional Extras
    19" Split-rim alloy wheels
    Tracker system
    MP3/iPod connector to touch screen
    Leather Interior
    Metallic Paint
    Heated front screen
    Non-Standard Carpet Colour
    Alcantara Headlining
    Upgraded sound system
    European Satellite Navigation
    Armourfend
    Coloured Callipers
    Bespoke Luggage Straps

Full Specifications

Engine
    3Litre V6
    262 bhp
    24 Valves
    Mid Engine

Steering
    Lock to lock: 2
    Turning Circle: 12.8m

Performance
    0-60mph: 4.8 sec (Est.)
    Maximum Speed: 160+mph (Est.)

Transmission
    Six speed manual gearbox

Brakes
    Four Pot A.P. Racing Calipers with 350mm vented discs on the front and 328mm vented discs on the rear.

Suspension
    The suspension comprises of a double wishbone setup front and rear, with fully adjustable dampers and Eibach coil-over springs.

Wheels and Tyres
    Front Wheels: 19 x 8.5" offset 30mm - Multispoke design
    Front Tyres: Toyo T1-R Proxes 245/35/19
    Rear Wheels: 19 x 9.5" offset 30mm - Multispoke design
    Rear Tyres: Toyo T1-R Proxes 285/35/19

Dimensions and Weights
    Total weight: 1048kg
    Length: 4215mm
    Width at Front: 1895mm
    Width at Rear: 1940mm
    Width Including Wing Mirrors: 2130mm
    Height: 1170mm
    Wheelbase: 2675mm
    Weight Distribution Ratio: 39:61
    Power to Weight Ratio: 250 bhp/Ton
    Fuel Tank Volume: 76 Litres
    Boot Volume: 220 Litres

Corner Weights
    Front Left: 205kg.
    Front Right: 204kg.
    Rear Left: 316kg.
    Rear Right: 323kg.

The normally aspirated Farbio GTS comprises of a bespoke induction and exhaust system and along with a specially mapped ECU, it can produce an impressive 262bhp. This combined with the lightweight full carbon fibre body shell delivers powerful acceleration. The Farbio GTS also incorporates a flat floor the full length of the car, joining the front splitter and rear diffuser, which provides exceptional downforce giving excellent handling qualities.

With the large fuel tank and lightweight carbon fibre body, touring is made simple and enjoyable.

The boot volume is large enough to fit a standard set of golf clubs, or several pieces of luggage. There is also extra luggage space on the parcel shelf, secured with bespoke luggage straps.

The Farbio GTS can accommodate a 6'6" driver, into our fully adjustable Sparco seats.

Farbio Supercharged GTS Specification

Standard Specification
    Full carbon fibre body
    Touch-screen control with satellite navigation, radio and bluetooth capability
    Electric windows
    Electric folding wing mirrors
    19" Multispoke alloy wheels
    Toyo Proxes T1-R low profile tyres
    6-speed manual gearbox
    4 pot AP racing brakes with vented discs
    Power assisted steering
    Air conditioning with climate control
    Sparco Milano reclining seats
    Heated rear screen
    Twin Exhaust
    Remote central locking
    Immobilizer
    Bespoke Leather Organiser Pouches (designed by Bill Amberg)

Optional Extras
    19" Split-rim alloy wheels
    Tracker system
    MP3/iPod connector to touch screen
    Leather Interior
    Metallic Paint
    Heated front screen
    Non-Standard Carpet Colour
    Alcantara Headlining
    Upgraded sound system
    European Satellite Navigation
    Armourfend
    Coloured Callipers
    Bespoke Luggage Straps

Full Specifications

Engine
    3Litre V6
    384 bhp
    24 Valves
    Mid Engine

Steering
    Lock to lock: 2
    Turning Circle: 12.8m

Performance
    0-60mph: 3.9 sec (Est.)
    Maximum Speed: 175+mph (Est.)

Transmission
    Six speed manual gearbox

Brakes
    Four Pot A.P. Racing Calipers with 350mm vented discs on the front and 328mm vented discs on the rear.

Suspension
    The suspension comprises of a double wishbone setup front and rear, with fully adjustable dampers and Eibach coil-over springs.

Wheels and Tyres
    Front Wheels: 19 x 8.5" offset 30mm - Multispoke design
    Front Tyres: Toyo T1-R Proxes 245/35/19
    Rear Wheels: 19 x 9.5" offset 30mm - Multispoke design
    Rear Tyres: Toyo T1-R Proxes 285/35/19

Dimensions and Weights
    Total weight: 1066kg
    Length: 4215mm
    Width at Front: 1895mm
    Width at Rear: 1940mm
    Width Including Wing Mirrors: 2130mm
    Height: 1170mm
    Wheelbase: 2675mm
    Weight Distribution Ratio: 39:61
    Power to Weight Ratio: 360 bhp/Ton
    Fuel Tank Volume: 76 Litres
    Boot Volume: 220 Litres

Corner Weights

Front Left: 206kg.
    Front Right: 206kg.
    Rear Left: 324kg.
    Rear Right: 330kg.

The supercharged Farbio GTS comprises of a bespoke induction and exhaust system and along with a specially mapped ECU it can produce an exhilarating 384bhp. This combined with the lightweight full carbon fibre body shell delivers powerful acceleration. The Farbio GTS also incorporates a flat floor the full length of the car, joining the front splitter and rear diffuser, which provides exceptional downforce giving excellent handling qualities.

With the large fuel tank and lightweight carbon fibre body, touring is made simple and enjoyable.

The boot volume is large enough to fit a standard set of golf clubs, or several pieces of luggage. There is also extra luggage space on the parcel shelf, secured with bespoke luggage straps.

The Farbio GTS can accommodate a 6'6" driver, into our fully adjustable Sparco seats.

The Supercharged version of the Farbio GTS combines all of the qualities of the normally aspirated car with a specially tuned bespoke version of the V6 engine and a Rotrex supercharger. The supercharged GTS has added cooling ducts, to accommodate twin intercoolers.

The Company

Farbio Sports Cars was formed in late 2004, with the mission of taking the Farbio GTS into production.

Development work and engineering has taken just over two years but has achieved the ultimate result... the Farbio GTS and Supercharged GTS.

The company is based in the rural setting of Dyrham near Bath and production of the cars is carried out on-site. The factory has the benefit of highly experienced engineers and designers resulting in a professional and motivated team.

The team is led by owner Chris Marsh, who has an extensive career in the motor racing and British Sports Car industry.

The Farbio GTS... the definitive British Sports Car.

The last portion of pics.

As gorgeous as that car is, I don't think it'll find many buyers. A shame... but meh...

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    As gorgeous as that car is, I don't think it'll find many buyers. A shame... but meh...
    Even if we assume the current £11M order book is for the most expensive then that's 150 cars. Which is not bad
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Even if we assume the current £11M order book is for the most expensive then that's 150 cars. Which is not bad
    Just so long as it pays off the development costs, then no one's complaining it just seems that an awful lot of these unique British cars seem to get vastly undersubscribed.

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    The front looks like the child of a carrera Gt and Ford Gt...looks alrite, but not amazing
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    get a corvette.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    get a corvette.
    National pride says: "NO."

get a corvette.
    resale value, performance, handling and "pulling power" says NO
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I have to say I was deeply skeptical about this car after having such a long and troublesome gestation. I had doubts that it would ever even make it to the market. However, I have to say the finished article looks pretty darned good IMO, and with some impressive stats and specification lists. I just hope that the driving experience matches up to the promise and that it can find enough buyers at that rather steep price.

The name's still silly though. 'Farbio' sounds more like a Z-list celebrity hairstylist than a hardcore sportscar.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

get a corvette.
    Why?

If the only goal of car ownership is to get the best "bang for buck", get a Radical, or Atom - they'll beat a Corvette easily.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    Why?

If the only goal of car ownership is to get the best "bang for buck", get a Radical, or Atom - they'll beat a Corvette easily.
    Um, no no all sorts of no. I was definitely not going just bang for buck. First, the radical is not a cheap car to maintain. Not cheap. Second, these are both track type cars.

There's plenty other good sporty cars out there, tons really. Corvette was just top of mind. the C6 is heavier, but 140 more horsepower, faster 0-60 time, not horrible fuel economy, etc etc, and it costs quite a lot less. And you can use it as an every day driver.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Thread Information