Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: American RWD or AWD Manual

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    Henk...assume he is just a driver who doesn't really care about power (i guess that makes him an abnormal driver) i would still assume he does care about stuff like not being cramped or being able to drive around more than one friend at a time? or perhaps carry a few things in his car? Or at least pass with ease on the highway? All of these very common preferences all of which are superior in the pony cars than the miata.
    yep, as long as we don't know all that we can stop discussing what YOU would like to drive...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I guess you have no idea about certain roads, not only in Europe but also in the USA. Lorelles Road?...
    I know about the un-govorned roads, but do you think he is willing to drive hundreds or thousands (dont know where he is located) of miles to get on a curvy road to speed? Either way this goes against your original argument on "only going 70mph." EDIT: my original point was, whether or not your on a twisty road or the highway, for performance/fun kind of driving your going to be speeding.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    yep, as long as we don't know all that we can stop discussing what YOU would like to drive...
    We should criticize him because he is using logic and likes American cars, but we should not criticize any of the other poster's choices because they are not suggesting American cars.

I think what some members are missing is the idea of driving dynamics - a smaller lighter car will always be "nicer" to drive than a pony car.
    Anyway, did the camaro/mustangs even come with a decent manual box?

EDIT: on the subject of the car - Buy and import a VY maloo ute from australia, do whatever to register it, and you will have a one of a kind car in the US AND be faster then GTO's/mustangs/camaro's.
    Last edited by whiteballz; 10-18-2007 at 04:49 PM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks View Post
    We should criticize him because he is using logic and likes American cars, but we should not criticize any of the other poster's choices because they are not suggesting American cars.
    No, it's that he doesn't recommend the Miata simply because it doesn't make ungodly HP. Which isn't the point of the Miata. It's supposed to be the pre-Lotus Elise lightweight sports car.

Yeah... if he wants cheap-o disposable American, buy early 90's GM.

Or a nice (used) Toyota Camry V6.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post

Or a nice (used) Toyota Camry V6.
    The thread title, and most of his posts in this thread, state he want RWD or AWD.

Oh, maybe a used GTO would do the trick, the one with 400hp and based on the Monaro?

Last edited by The_Canuck; 10-18-2007 at 06:53 PM.

Whoops....

In that case, buy a 240SX/Silvia
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    I dont like to brag or anything but my old roomate has a 240 with intake, header, exhaust, not cats, and a chip and i SMOKED him in my suburban 3 times.
    not suprising...your 240's are pretty shit from what i've heard, until you go FI
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Whoops....

In that case, buy a 240SX/Silvia
    I think you also missed the part about it being an American car...

Neither is the Miata

Neither is the Miata
    Well I didn't suggest a Miata, so blame someone else

Yup, 'merican 240's are 2.4 litres, non turbo, and suck like ass. my SR20DE should technically be faster.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    The thread title, and most of his posts in this thread, state he want RWD or AWD.

Oh, maybe a used GTO would do the trick, the one with 400hp and based on the Monaro?
    I suggested same quite a few pages back. But to quote none other than yourself:
    I think you also missed the part about it being an American car...

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    I think what some members are missing is the idea of driving dynamics - a smaller lighter car will always be "nicer" to drive than a pony car.
    I drove a 2nd gen Miata, and the dynamics really didnt live up to the hype on here. As my T/A sits right now, with koni shocks, strano springs and strano swaybars it handles significantly better than that miata. Yeah yeah modded vs stock, but the point is they can be made to handle very easily.
    Anyway, did the camaro/mustangs even come with a decent manual box?
    The Camaro/Transam came with the same T56 in the GTOs, the Cobra also got a T56 and the Mustang GT got a tremec 5 speed.

thanks for the gear box info, I wasnt sure with the massive amounts of auto's per driver in the US wether they were even offered.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information