Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cobalt SS S'charged: A revelation

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    Grammar check time!!!

A Cooper S woudl have been a nice addition to that bunch though.
    woudl, should be would....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    woudl, should be would....
    thanks Pieter... for some reason i can not type things that end in an "ld" properly. woudl, coudl, etc. I try and catch it all afterwards, but i often miss them.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

thanks Pieter... for some reason i can not type things that end in an "ld" properly. woudl, coudl, etc. I try and catch it all afterwards, but i often miss them.
    in this case I just coudl not resits
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

LQ you stated the Cobalt engine as a "supercharged 2.2 liter Eco-Tech." It's usually spelled Ecotec and the supercharged version is only a 2.0 liter LSJ as opposed to the 2.2 liter L61 found in the LS/LT sedans and coupes.

Did your SS/SC have the Recaros?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail View Post
    In a roundabout way, I am being paid to say the full name. You see, there's a Cobalt SS on sale in the States without the supercharger, and without the supercharger, it's a tortoise. I'm doing the same thing with the capitolized "Supercharged" after the car's name that the American car magazines are doing.

It sounds awkward to me too, though, so I'll try to figure something out.

You could just call it the Cobalt SS/SC like all the guys on the Cobalt forums call it.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Grammar check time!!!

(the same compression ration as a Lamborghini Murcilago LP 640, almost 100 bhp-per-naturally-aspirated-liter and the indescribable rush of that V-TEC kick at 6,400 rpm),
    should be Ratio
    Isn't Murcilago spelled, Murcielago?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Isn't Murcilago spelled, Murcielago?
    Murciélago

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    You could just call it the Cobalt SS/SC like all the guys on the Cobalt forums call it.
    or just Colbalt SS-S
    Last edited by kigango123; 10-13-2007 at 09:01 AM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123 View Post
    or just Colbalt SS-S
    Yeah... but you'd be the only one who'd call it that.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail View Post
    ———————————————————————————————————
    What I wish you could ignore is Chevy's decision not to equip the Cobalt SS Supercharged with a standard limited-slip differential. If ever an American performance coupe needed one, this is it

And if there's a deciding factor in this group test, the Cobalt SS Supercharged's willingness to "come out and play would be it". If only the Honda's engine and limited-slip differential could be put in a chassis with the Altima's looks, comfort and composure, the Cobalt SS Supercharged's rough-N-rowdy handling and the Scion tC's performance accessory catalog, what a car we'd have. As it is, it's buyer's choice.

You'd be crazy to pick any over the Altima coupe because style-wise, it makes the rest look like Quasimodo and, even in base-spec, it covers hard miles with the comfort, convenience and composure, if not outright speed, of a car twice its price.
    The bolds are changes in words, italics full sentences. Those would by my changes but I am no journalist. Also, I really dont like the last few paragraphs starting with the phrase "You'd be crazy...". Repetition is only good with research and resume's. Those are the only real changes that I might do, asides from my own writing twists. Good luck.

*edit* also, when your writing an article like this, wouldnt it be better to talk to the audience instead of the audience reading about what you would do? ex. What I wish --> Ideally, one should wish...
    Last edited by Sledgehammer; 10-13-2007 at 09:02 PM.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Am I the only person who thinks the Altima is a really awkward looking car? Needs bigger wheels to even out the seemingly large amounts of sheet metal all over it. Looks like its on go-kart wheels.

I like my journalism to be a little more hard-line and critical (perhaps unnecessarily so) but I think you've done a great job otherwise and the little run-down on all the cars and the general...how do I put it...characteristics of them at the end is a great touch IMO.

That was a nicely written article.

The only problem with the Mini Cooper S is that if you have the willingness to check a lot of option boxes, the price goes straight through the roof very quickly. You'd be amazed once you check one or two how quickly the prices add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    Am I the only person who thinks the Altima is a really awkward looking car? Needs bigger wheels to even out the seemingly large amounts of sheet metal all over it. Looks like its on go-kart wheels.
    You're not the only one, I've noticed this too. Everyone's been ranting about this car lately, but frankly I'm underwhelmed.

More on topic however, good article. With this praise for the Cobalt's driving dynamics, it's further reinforced my stance as the Cobalt to be one of my favourite sports coupe in this category.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

The front over-hang bugs me the most. I dunno if its actually that long but with the wheels that size and the design of the nose it makes it look huge. Proportions are buggered.

Did chevy cancel the SS cobalt for 08? On thier website they only have a "sport", w/ a 2.4L ecotec.

Thread Information