Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cobalt SS S'charged: A revelation

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    Did chevy cancel the SS cobalt for 08? On thier website they only have a "sport", w/ a 2.4L ecotec.
    The supercharged version will not be available, but rumor has it a turbo version is in the makes.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Just went down to Rowan University with two friend's for another friend's birthday party. The 4 hour drive including getting lost and being stuck in immense traffic (so bad that we got out of the car for 10 minutes and played catch with a football on the highway) wasn't too bad on the ol' rear-end. The SS/SC Cobalt is pretty comfortable, for Recaro buckets.

Great feedback folks. I'm working in rough drafts, and I've not had time to look back over much given the several hundred other things I've got to be worried about at the newspaper that have absolutely nothing to do with fast cars.

Also, all the spare time I've got has been dedicated to the video portion of the car review (this being the 21st century, even in Arkansas).

I'll tell you what: I can talk cars with the best of them, but talking cars into a camera held by a rather large fellow named Nick from back in the 'paper's online department is another thing entirely...

I first shot for an Alain DeCadanet-level on-screen presence (Victory by Design > ALL -pwn!), but after watching myself say the same line over and over in editing, I've decided my acting style is more like Dustin Hoffman. In Rainman.

Let me tell you, being on camera is hard. Compounded by the dread of four local car dealers seeing me utterly thrashing their factory-fresh cars and the inevitable onslaught of calls and letters from horrified citizens saying I'm putting the entire city in danger by driving like a lunatic, I'm not enthusiastic about the outcome of my first foray into automotive video journalism.

There's one scene in particular of me winding a Cobalt SS out to the redline in second gear (a whisper of wheelspin right at the top — brilliant) where interstate traffic in is clearly visible in the background going slower than I am. All the while I'm rattling off something about supercharger whine and doing things the American way...

At the agonizingly slow pace of editing as we all get used to the new video-processing software, I hope to have the video available for you all to see by the end of the week, maybe.

Hear the Quail. See the Quail.
    Watch this space.

The 'Quail has gone multi-media. this is a momentous day.

soon he will control all media......
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information