Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: nissan gt-r officially released...

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    I was refering to the Z06.

and btw nurburgring times are completely useless as there is no way to account for every factor on a track that big. For instance drivers are not the same either which can had seconds on to the lap times and incredibly skew results.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    My bad, completely missed that part.

That being the case, the Z06 does out-accelerate the 997 911 Turbo.

and btw nurburgring times are completely useless as there is no way to account for every factor on a track that big. For instance drivers are not the same either which can had seconds on to the lap times and incredibly skew results.
    Every manufacturer uses its best driver on Nurburgring tests... That should make it as fair as possible imo as they squeeze every single drop out of the car.

i'm wary of caling it a Z06 slayer... or a 911 turbo slayer..it's heavier than both (incidentally uglier)..and the edmunds test pitted a prepared media car against a 911 turbo..also prepared by nissan
    imo for price and as a GT car it aims for the M3 and RS4, and will do very well against them since it does have performance close to the porsche and the Z06. of course it looks a bit brash, so yeah..
    yup... see the M3 CSL example
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

My bad, completely missed that part.

That being the case, the Z06 does out-accelerate the 997 911 Turbo.
    not the tiptronic, that got down to 3.4 sec didn't it?
    Every manufacturer uses its best driver on Nurburgring tests... That should make it as fair as possible imo as they squeeze every single drop out of the car.
    not really though - some manufacturers take it more seriously, like the M3 CSL had a faster time than the 430 at some stage; because BMW spent months there constantly lapping the 'ring to get 'ideal' conditions, i.e. traffic and weather. ferrari went up there for a few days, did a few laps and went home
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    Road and Track managed to get the Tiptronic to 3.3 seconds or Enzo Ferrari Enzo territory.

Yes. The new GT-R should be a bit faster than the 911 Turbo; it was basically tested at Nuerburgring/Laguna Seca with a 911 Turbo behind it.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Manual vs Manual the Z06 is a quicker car... Could a tiptronic Z06 do the same?

Real manual is all that matters to me anyway, tiptronic is just a cool automatic.

A couple of weeks ago a thread suggest that the R35 tips the scales at 3800lbs. If this is true I find it very hard to believe that it can lap the Nurburgring in < 7:40.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Now will anyone accept it as a Z06/911 Turbo/ F430 slayer?
    Pfft.

It's still going to be either the greatest car ever built, or the worst car ever built, depending which end of the fanboy spectra you inhabit.

In what 0-60 times? No
    Top Speed? If so, barely
    Lap times? really depends on the track
    Comfort? Hell no
    Quality? surely not
    Looks? Sorry not that either
    You're joking right?

If the GT-R was an American car, all the American fanboys would be spanking themselves off over how it "beats" the 911 Turbo with a few key statistics, but costs oh-so much less.

Since it is Japanese all of a sudden a few key statistics are risible, and it is just another worthless "Jap ricer" to get blown away by some archaic, over-engined, fibreglass monstrosity with a "v" in the name.

If the above is a list of reasons not to like the car over the 911 Turbo, the Z06 doesn't stack up either.

The human element sucks huh?

For that we need our tame racing driver.........

Some say.....

i'm wary of caling it a Z06 slayer... or a 911 turbo slayer..it's heavier than both (incidentally uglier)..and the edmunds test pitted a prepared media car against a 911 turbo..also prepared by nissan
    imo for price and as a GT car it aims for the M3 and RS4, and will do very well against them since it does have performance close to the porsche and the Z06. of course it looks a bit brash, so yeah..

yup... see the M3 CSL example
    Performance wise it's better than the RS4 and M3. It's definitely ahead of them in performance. I might have exaggerated when I said that it is the Z06 and 911 Turbo slayer, but according to the numbers, it certainly puts it in the same league as those cars.

Was the M3 CSL vastly faster than the regular M3?

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    Pfft.

It's still going to be either the greatest car ever built, or the worst car ever built, depending which end of the fanboy spectra you inhabit.

You're joking right?

If the GT-R was an American car, all the American fanboys would be spanking themselves off over how it "beats" the 911 Turbo with a few key statistics, but costs oh-so much less.

Since it is Japanese all of a sudden a few key statistics are risible, and it is just another worthless "Jap ricer" to get blown away by some archaic, over-engined, fibreglass monstrosity with a "v" in the name.

If the above is a list of reasons not to like the car over the 911 Turbo, the Z06 doesn't stack up either.
    Definitely. The Z06 fanboys out there are equally as bad as the Skyline fanboys. The 911 Turbo is better than the Z06 in many ways. On paper the Z06 beats it, but I'd certainly get the Turbo over the Z06. To be frank, I'd rather get the GT3. I love how the 911 is split into so many models to appeal to anyone interested each of the car's characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post

Aw thanks for that information, oh wait. What you just said, is my point.

Go back and read my post and who Im quoting, then read Niko's post, where he made the same mistake as you.

Definitely. The Z06 fanboys out there are equally as bad as the Skyline fanboys. The 911 Turbo is better than the Z06 in many ways. On paper the Z06 beats it, but I'd certainly get the Turbo over the Z06. To be frank, I'd rather get the GT3. I love how the 911 is split into so many models to appeal to anyone interested each of the car's characteristics.
    Agreed, 'cept for me it's GT3>ZO6>Turbo

But you have to realize each car has it's own pros and cons.

But you have to realize each car has it's own pros and cons.
    Yup. For sure.

I heard this car is powered not by an ICE, but rather by hype and conjecture.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    A couple of weeks ago a thread suggest that the R35 tips the scales at 3800lbs. If this is true I find it very hard to believe that it can lap the Nurburgring in < 7:40.
    same, but i've been told thanks to different trim levels that wieght varies from 1595kg to 1800kg
    Performance wise it's better than the RS4 and M3. It's definitely ahead of them in performance.
    i know it's better than those two, but it's still more of a GT , 4 seat, big boot etc like those two rather than an outright sportscar (aesthetically anyway). what i mean is that on practicality terms it ranks with those two rather than the more sportscar like Z06 and 911 turbo
    so you could put the GTR is a sort of saloon/coupe comparison with the M3, M5 and RS4, if you know what i mean
    Was the M3 CSL vastly faster than the regular M3?
    no, which is the point - BMW was able to get this flash 'ring time that turned out to be not a reasonable representaion of real world performance - the claimed lap time would not have been so impresive had other marques put the same obsessive effort in.

Wow! you guys are good at judging the GTR, many insights and "hidden knowledge" on the car, which perhaps the engineers at Nissan might've not notice. great thread, great members, great site.

well to me .... I just hate calling it GTR, so damn used to calling it Skyline GTR. I missed that name.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Thread Information