Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Magnum and Chrysler Crossfire discontinued?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    That's interesting, because the Magnum they could profit off of through fleet sales and such, such as police cars/taxis/rental agencies. It makes sense that they're getting rid of the Magnum though, but shouldn't they also get rid of the Charger and the 300C because they're all based off of the E Class platform? Makes no sense to get rid of just the Magnum. Also, the Crossfire (what a stupid name) is just a Mecedes SLK, and the previous one at that too. It's about time to either redo it or get rid of it all together. The PT Cruiser fad is over, so that makes sense too. The Pacifica could be a problem though, cause that definitely looks better than a Town and Country, although I wouldn't like either car to begin with.
    I think they're stopping Magnum production because the car isn't selling very well compared to the charger and the 300, and it's a more expensive variant to produce. The Crossfire, was never a very strong seller, and I think is going to make way for the far more profitable Challenger, which shares more of its architecture with other models...

Quote Originally Posted by bruxell View Post
    I think they're stopping Magnum production because the car isn't selling very well compared to the charger and the 300, and it's a more expensive variant to produce. The Crossfire, was never a very strong seller, and I think is going to make way for the far more profitable Challenger, which shares more of its architecture with other models...
    Makes sense. I was never really a fan of the Magnum (or all American cars), but I liked the fact that we now had an American station wagon and I thought it would bring America back to wagons. I guess not.

??? why on the mag?

Makes sense. I was never really a fan of the Magnum (or all American cars), but I liked the fact that we now had an American station wagon and I thought it would bring America back to wagons. I guess not.
    There are actually some rumors around that there might be a wagon Pontiac G8 so all hope is not lost. Remember the Magnum was classified as a light truck so technically it wasn't even a wagon (another reason CAFE doesn't work )

Quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post
    There are actually some rumors around that there might be a wagon Pontiac G8 so all hope is not lost. Remember the Magnum was classified as a light truck so technically it wasn't even a wagon (another reason CAFE doesn't work )
    Yes, I read that in Motortrend. Fingers crossed.

That's stupid with the classifications. The Magnum might have the fuel consumption of a light truck though, with the Hemi.

BTW, is the G5 a rebadged Cobalt? That's stupid too.

Supposedly though the next generation G5 would have RWD (I imagine they would be using the Kappa platform).
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

Yes, I read that in Motortrend. Fingers crossed.

That's stupid with the classifications. The Magnum might have the fuel consumption of a light truck though, with the Hemi.

BTW, is the G5 a rebadged Cobalt? That's stupid too.
    The G5 is indeed a rebadged Cobalt. It's kind of a 'better' Cobalt, with better standard trims and better options. Aside from that well, the grill is different, it has Pontiac badges instead of Chevy ones, and different hubcaps. That's it. Oh yeah, almost forgot: The G5 has the 'square' Cobalt Sedan taillights, no round taillights offered, no matter if the car is a sedan or a coupe.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    The G5 is indeed a rebadged Cobalt. It's kind of a 'better' Cobalt, with better standard trims and better options. Aside from that well, the grill is different, it has Pontiac badges instead of Chevy ones, and different hubcaps. That's it. Oh yeah, almost forgot: The G5 has the 'square' Cobalt Sedan taillights, no round taillights offered, no matter if the car is a sedan or a coupe.
    I hate Pontiac's split grill and their goddamn pointy-red-thingy logo. It is horrible. The only good looking Pontiac is the Torrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I hate Pontiac's split grill and their goddamn pointy-red-thingy logo. It is horrible. The only good looking Pontiac is the Torrent.
    I certainly wouldn't mind a Solstice.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

I certainly wouldn't mind a Solstice.
    Seriously, I have heard good things about that car, but I think it is utterly hideous.

Wow. GM just loves badge engineering. No one needs more of the same car.

They try to streamline their offerings, but it clearly is not streamlining.

Wow. GM just loves badge engineering. No one needs more of the same car.

They try to streamline their offerings, but it clearly is not streamlining.
    I mean I'll admit that GM does a fair amount of badge engineering, but I believe there are a lot of other companies guilty of this as well.

Companies like Acura, Lexus, Audi, Mercury and Infiniti come to mind.
    Last edited by Lets Gekiga In; 11-18-2007 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In View Post
    I mean I'll admit that GM does a fair amount of badge engineering, but I believe there are a lot of other companies guilty of this as well.

Companies like Acura, Lexus, Audi, Mercury and Infiniti come to mind.
    Not really, not to my knowledge at least. I know they certainly share engines a lot. But not whole bodies.

If anything, GM is the most blatant of them all. After that, Ford Motor Company.

Ford and GM do alot of badge engineering within the US - the same product being sold by Mercury and Ford for instance, with minor styling differences and different trim levels.

Acura, Lexus and Infiniti do badge engineering moreso between the US and the rest of the world, or sometimes simply Japan. They'll have some US-only models, but theres alot of other models that outside of America are badged as a Honda, Toyota or Nissan. Acura RSX/Honda Integra, Toyota Soarer/Lexus SC, Infiniti G35/Nissan Skyline etc.
    I am the Stig

Not really, not to my knowledge at least. I know they certainly share engines a lot. But not whole bodies.

If anything, GM is the most blatant of them all. After that, Ford Motor Company.
    Acura TL uses the same platform as the Honda Accord as does the TSX, MDX and Odyssey.

Lexus uses the same platform for the ES, Camry, and Avalon. Also GX and 4Runner share platforms, as do LX and Land Cruiser.

Infiniti uses the FM platform for the G, M and FX which is also shared with Nissan in the 350Z. Infiniti also uses one platform for the QX which it shares with Nissan in the Frontier, Titan, Xterra, Pathfinder and Armada.

I don't even need to get into Mercury.

I don't think I need to get into Audi either.

Thread Information