Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
we cannot stop using coal in this moment, and we cannot use micro-generation using whatever technology you like. the cost of new implants not based on coal is very high, and so for millions of micro implants. the efficiency you can have in one big implants isn't possible with a smaller one. in bigger implants we can use the heat discharged by smokes to increase the temperature of the water incoming in the implants, for example, it is a technical problems not so easy to solve, i studied it this summer for one of my exams, and right now we cannot simply switch to a new model of creating energy because there isn't an equivalent system, not so big or powerfull. it is a sort of long process, and i think it was supposed to start a long time ago...
Ah, but again, it's not starting at all at the moment, mostly beacuse it's profitable for many rich energy industry people for it not to. Meanwhile, politicians are busy making all manner of noise about the automobile. It's still not as hard as finding a new place for 100 million people to live, and it's more profitable for the rest of us who would have to figure out how that would happen.

then you cannot say "the population has to stop growing". yes, i admit we are too many right now for this planet, but this is the reason why we are not better the animals because we didn't reach a balance with the planet.
See, that's what I mean, we're too good at what we do for the rest of the world to catch up. We can adapt the environment to do what we need, and we should use that talent to put things right. And yes, the population has to stop growing, and it can. It already has in many western contries, and in some it's actually falling.

...maybe mankind is'nt worth to be saved...
Sure it is! I am at least, and if I have to bring the rest of you along with me that's fine... Honestly, what is worth saving, Pandas? Pandas are the worst animals on the planet; they're an evolutionary backwater, a leftover population evolved from Bears too lazy to go to where the meat was, so they styarted eating rare plants that barely sustain them. Pandas, cute or not, wouldn't exist anymore without people to look after them. It's just crasy talk to sa that people aren't worth saving.

this discussion could go on for months and all we would say it is something like "we need to change". but not in a forum, this is not where things are going to change, that is way you should be more "relaxed"...matt didn't say nothing wrong, everyone has his opinions and his way of telling them. i agree with a lot of thing he said even about what you said, but even i cannot blame you.
i think our personal point of view are now clear to who is still reading. we should not make this thread a personal thing.
I don't want to make it personal, I just don't like being called selfish and delusional... Matt said both of those things and I have a problem with it.