Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ferrari Or Porsche;;;;;;;;;

Quote Originally Posted by KELSA
    when it comes down to buying something like that, its all comes down to personalities. there is no definite good or better. they say german engineering is suppose to be the best, i test driven a 997 carrera, the interior made out cheap plastic which i didn't like, consistantly making plastic bashing noises from the dashboard while driving. through the car it self is nicer to drive than a 360.
    If it were only about interoirs then a Toyata Camry could beat a Porsche.

Porsche is better in my opinion because it they have built some of the best performance cars for the money for decades. As much as I admire supercars, I am more impressed when a company can deliver great performance that is with in reach of many peoples budgets.

Porsche has won more professional races then Ferrari. The range of those victories include classes where the cars are basically stock all the way up to Group C / GTP cars. Ferrari has a ton F-1 victories, but I believe it says a lot about a company when you win a wide range of types of races. In sports car racing which is closer to what the production cars are like, Porsche has a much longer list of victories.

When you look at quality, Porsche has been a leader for decades. Ferrari quality at times has been a bit off. Most of Porsche models are very fast and can be used as a daily driver. Ferrari does do great work and Porsche has had a couple of dogs, such as the 924.

Ferrari wins when it comes to style. Few Porsches really have jaw dropping style. I did think the second generation of the GT1 was great looking and so is the Carrera GT. When you start talking about the great looking Ferrari models, the list is very long.

Both companies are focused on performance. I know Porsche made an SUV, but it was the fastest the SUV in production and made Porsche a lot of money which helps to fund their street car and race car efforts. I found the styling kind of ugly at first and now it is just okay. I doubt it will ever look good to me no matter how many times I look at it.

Both companies deserve a lot of respect, but if I had to rank one over the other, it would be Porsche above Ferrari, but not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by sunk
    If it were only about interoirs then a Toyata Camry could beat a Porsche.
    not when a salesman telling you how perfect the porsche interior is.
    '67 Shelby Mustang GT500 "Eleanor"
    '06 Honda Accord

Quote Originally Posted by piston_burner
    I did think the second generation of the GT1 was great looking and so is the Carrera GT. .
    AMEN to that!

the 993 Seris 2 GT1 is the best in my mind, followed by Carrera GT
    '67 Shelby Mustang GT500 "Eleanor"
    '06 Honda Accord

i wouldnt compare ferrari to porsche anymore.

porsche should be compared to mercedes and BMW these days (still pissed off at the cayenne and cayman)

Quote Originally Posted by oodis
    i wouldnt compare ferrari to porsche anymore.

porsche should be compared to mercedes and BMW these days (still pissed off at the cayenne and cayman)
    Considering the price range Porsche sells to, I guess you would have to compare Porsche to a group of FIAT brands like Maserati, Lancia, and Ferrari. There are many ways to view the companies. I think it is easier to compare model vs model them company versus company.

What's wrong with the Cayman? It's just a coupe version of the Boxter.

Anyways, I vote Porsche.

Quote Originally Posted by piston_burner
    Considering the price range Porsche sells to, I guess you would have to compare Porsche to a group of FIAT brands like Maserati, Lancia, and Ferrari. There are many ways to view the companies. I think it is easier to compare model vs model them company versus company.
    True that model vs. model should be compared. I just lost my interest in porsche cause of their Suv and their Cayman....now you wont get that feeling of 'Driving a Porsche' cause they are no different now to Mercedes or BMW. It's a different case with Ferrari. Look at the Maserati quattroporte, i can never say thats a ferrari just cause the FIAT group owns maserati and ferrari, its a car of its own. if porsche made a new line that makes SUVs and trucks and sedans then it would be better then badging them as a porsche which just puts all that heritage and history down the drain. This is just my opinion, i am sure no one here will care about what i say anyway.

Radoman- I just dont like the fact porsche are making cheaper (in price) cars. It takes out the whole exclusivity of owning a porsche when you see too many of them on the road. Just like how many toyotas you see on the road, you will then start seeing more and more porsches. The cayenne before, the cayman now, and the Panamera Later.

Thread Information