Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what do u think of the new SS wagon?

Like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Whoa

Verrr Nice. What do you guys think of the Monaro? I've seen it beat a Porshe 911. Went to the Adelaide car show this year... the new SS is damn sweet. So is the wagon with low profile tyres.

monaros are wonderful performance cars from holden
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Thumbs up what do u think of the new ss wagon?

Monaro Is Back: Game Over
    The new SS Wagon rocks dont worry bout the Audi you can not go wrong with this beast. Although the colour sucks is should be Sting Red or Hothouse Green

Talking

Like it what the Holden SSX? More like love it its awsome I only hope they put it in production.
    And the Monaro's rock all they need is more Power not 235kw more like 260kw

its kool
    Supras Rock

When the hell did a Monaro beat a porsche 911? Besides the ridiculous TV commercial, when it also beats a viper and an M3 (what a joke!).
    I agree with crisis, in many ways Holden is cashing in cheaply on pre existing material, and calling it something new. They can do better, so why don't people expect more of them?

maybe he was watching nations cup when he saw the monaro beat the 911. does anybody think it was a bad idea to stick irs on the wagon, i know crisis thinks it was bad for the ute

I doubt anyone uses Commodore wagons for serious load carrying these days anyway. Commy utes and wagons are just variations on the sedan theme hence the way they cash in on "sports" versions. The sad fact is that so called four wheel drives are coming out with independant suspension as well. Not only is this rat shit for suspension travel off road ( not that most people buying them would care), but it seriously compromises load capacity and towing.

irs can be made to be better than an equivalent solid axle setup though. if it was as crap as u say, then why are so many manufacturers adopting it

Originally posted by fpv_gtho
    irs can be made to be better than an equivalent solid axle setup though. if it was as crap as u say, then why are so many manufacturers adopting it
    Because most people dont use 4x4s off road, although I dont know what they do with them. Status symbols I suppose. Why are som many manufacturers pumping out $100,000 4x4s? Because no one takes them off road.
    Standard live axle suspension is cheap, robust and provides far better wheel travel and groung clearance than irs. When one wheels travels upward, so does the axle thus lifting the whole boy, not to mention diff, clear of the groung in the centre of the car. If on road handling and comfort were'nt now the overiding issue, IRS would not be used.

what about the new pajero's, theyve got independant suspension all roud and their offroad handling matched that of the old landcruiser prado which had solid beams all round

Originally posted by fpv_gtho
    what about the new pajero's, theyve got independant suspension all roud and their offroad handling matched that of the old landcruiser prado which had solid beams all round
    Not sure what you mean by matched. Where did you read it? The Prado has solid rear and independant front.

i read it on drive.com.au, it was some comparison between the new cherokee, new explorer, new pajero, hyundai terracan and some other shitbox. by matched i mean had the same off road characteristics in its handling

I havent driven a new Pajero so I cant comment of specifics. As a general rule of thumb in the area of actual dynamics of the moving parts a live axle will outperform independant suspension for wheel travel and ground clearance. Newer incarnations like the Pajero may be progressing but it still leaves the centre of the car lower when the wheels travel upward. the Prado is compromised by the front independant suspension anyway. Traction control makes up for the fact that you may not maintain wheel contact with the ground so it is probably less of an issue in that case. Thats of course if you want all of that on you car in the middle of the bush somewhere. Give me live axles, high lift suspension and a diff lock.

Thread Information