Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo Competition Discussion Thread

I would just like to say that seeing the pics in the automotive photo comp makes me really wish I didn't live in Nascar land.
    You can call me scott.

If you looked hard enough maybe you would be able to find a "suitable" picture, according to your opinions...?

I feel like a big photography slump for me is finally over... it seems like it's been a long time since I've taken a photo I've liked, until this weekend, that is. Look forward to the next couple comps.
    www.Desert-Motors.com - mag.Desert-Motors.com

Quote Originally Posted by pat_ernzen View Post
    I feel like a big photography slump for me is finally over... it seems like it's been a long time since I've taken a photo I've liked, until this weekend, that is. Look forward to the next couple comps.
    ah, you finally managed some good track shots
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    ah, you finally managed some good track shots
    Uhhh... what? I've only been to the track a few times and I was happy with my results each time.

EDIT: I just took some shots I was happy with at an event the other night and I just finished up part (most) of a shoot for a magazine and so far, I think they're going to be great.

EDIT: I just took some shots I was happy with at an event the other night and I just finished up part (most) of a shoot for a magazine and so far, I think they're going to be great.
    That's nice, Pat Congtars, especially on the mag

BTW, you don't want that CGT vid?

Quote Originally Posted by basman007 View Post
    That's nice, Pat Congtars, especially on the mag
    BTW, you don't want that CGT vid?
    "Congtars", haha....Thanks. It's going to be in at least one US mag, probably a couple international magazines and maybe another US one. Don't really know yet. More than likely at least two magazines I've already had other shoots in. These ones turned out real nice so far. I haven't shot detail/interior/engine stuff yet.

I guess the video wouldn't hurt, but it sort of sounds like overkill for what I'm looking for. I really only need about a five second clip or something. As for getting it to me, I could give you an FTP account to my server and you could just upload it that way. Might be the easiest way to do it. I don't know if I really need it, though, so let's hold off for now. Don't want you to go through the hassle of uploading it if I'm not going to use it. Thanks, though.
    Last edited by pat_ernzen; 08-25-2008 at 01:55 AM.

"Congtars", haha....Thanks. It's going to be in at least one US mag, probably a couple international magazines and maybe another US one. Don't really know yet. More than likely at least two magazines I've already had other shoots in. These ones turned out real nice so far. I haven't shot detail/interior/engine stuff yet.

I guess the video wouldn't hurt, but it sort of sounds like overkill for what I'm looking for. I really only need about a five second clip or something. As for getting it to me, I could give you an FTP account to my server and you could just upload it that way. Might be the easiest way to do it. I don't know if I really need it, though, so let's hold off for now. Don't want you to go through the hassle of uploading it if I'm not going to use it. Thanks, though.
    That's really cool to hear about those mags

As for the vid, I can cut out a 2 minutes and put it on youtube, so you can decide...

Quote Originally Posted by basman007 View Post
    That's really cool to hear about those mags

As for the vid, I can cut out a 2 minutes and put it on youtube, so you can decide...
    Thanks. That would be cool. Whatever part you think might be the best audio... it doesn't need to be revving like crazy or anything, just sort of the normal engine sound under acceleration would be great. I appreciate it.

Thanks. That would be cool. Whatever part you think might be the best audio... it doesn't need to be revving like crazy or anything, just sort of the normal engine sound under acceleration would be great. I appreciate it.

I'll drop you a pm when it's done uploading.

Uhhh... what? I've only been to the track a few times and I was happy with my results each time.
    you should learn to remember what you post. This time I'll explain. You were complaining, and very recently, that track shots, of which you said you don't like them, seem to be winning the competitions recently. You even voted for one....Then you announce here that you made some shots that will enter the competition in the next couple of weeks...then I make a (wink accompanied) comment that you finally got some good trackshots...Capisce?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

...Capisce?
    "capisci?", "capito?" or "chiaro?!" would be more correct
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    "capisci?", "capito?" or "chiaro?!" would be more correct
    I think the message is clear, but thanks anyway

I think the message is clear, but thanks anyway
    yap, straight to the point!
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

you should learn to remember what you post. This time I'll explain. You were complaining, and very recently, that track shots, of which you said you don't like them, seem to be winning the competitions recently. You even voted for one....Then you announce here that you made some shots that will enter the competition in the next couple of weeks...then I make a (wink accompanied) comment that you finally got some good trackshots...Capisce?
    I never said that I never took any track shots I liked. I understood what you were getting at, it just didn't make any sense. I just think track shots often allow far less creativity/"artistic freedom" than many other types of shots, IMO. That's not to say they aren't good photos (I've seen plenty of great track shots, including in these comps), just very similar many times. I didn't really intend to complain about them winning (though I pretty much did), I just think it's a bummer when the vast majority (all but one or two) of the shots in a competition are track shots several weeks in a row. I just like a little more variety. I should've worded that differently. I certainly don't want to imply that shots are winning that shouldn't or anything like that.
    Last edited by pat_ernzen; 08-25-2008 at 08:36 AM.

Thread Information