Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leaked info to spell end of Renault in F1?

Quote Originally Posted by togos452 View Post
    Renault bought the Benetton F1 team.

Benetton Formula - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mecachrome builds Renault's F1 engines.

Mecachrome
    F1 can't stand the loss of a manufacturer though.

Quote Originally Posted by togos452 View Post
    Renault bought the Benetton F1 team.

Benetton Formula - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mecachrome builds Renault's F1 engines.

Mecachrome
    Mecachrome continued to build the previous generation of the Renault F1 engines for some years (after Renault temporarily retired from F1), but afaik is not involved in the current one.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Mecachrome continued to build the previous generation of the Renault F1 engines for some years (after Renault temporarily retired from F1), but afaik is not involved in the current one.
    They did build the engines for Paul Belmondo and Noel del Bello Courage's in LMS in 2006...or 2005 can't remember. I don't quite remember what they were based off, I think it was a GP2 engine...much like the Mader that Dome used this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    They did build the engines for Paul Belmondo and Noel del Bello Courage's in LMS in 2006...or 2005 can't remember. I don't quite remember what they were based off, I think it was a GP2 engine...much like the Mader that Dome used this year.
    2005, and they were horrible, they also supplied one for the Bizzarrini Ghepardo....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

2005, and they were horrible, they also supplied one for the Bizzarrini Ghepardo....
    Yeah I remember them being bad engines. Not reliable, and not up to par with AER and Judd offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by article
    ... and a novel suspension component used by the 2006 and 2007 machines...
    Might this be the Koni FSD shock absorbers manufactured by my uncle ? Anyone has more information about this ? Afaik McLaren is the only team using it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by s-d View Post
    I really hate Jean Todt and Montezemelo! Those crybabies were the one to penalise! All those races where Ferrari have used teamorders, there haven't been any penalties at all, but when Fernando did so, at McLaren, the TEAM where punished and not the driver!
    Because at the time Ferrari still used it, it was not made illegal yet. When it was not allowed anymore, Ferrari stopped doing it and McLaren did not. That's just plain stupid and they deserve punishment for that.

How on earth can it be McLarens fault, that a person from Ferraris technical staff, sends some documents to a McLaren employee?? The two persons should punished, but I can't see why McLaren (nor Renault) should be given a bill and be thrown out of the championship. There wasn't any evidence at all, that McLaren should have used it, or gained any advantage. Hate you Luca and Jean!!!
    McLaren's top people knew about it very well. They allowed it and did not do anything about it. What they should have done, was refuse the information in the first place and fire the guy that received it straight-away. Which they did not.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    McLaren's top people knew about it very well. They allowed it and did not do anything about it. What they should have done, was refuse the information in the first place and fire the guy that received it straight-away. Which they did not.
    Please provide me the proof of this.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Theyve just signed on for another 3 years to continue building the engines.

Formula 1 : News RENAULT - F1-Live.com
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Theyve just signed on for another 3 years to continue building the engines.

Formula 1 : News RENAULT - F1-Live.com
    every day one learns something new....and on top comes this

F1 News > A point of interest
    Last edited by henk4; 11-25-2007 at 05:13 AM.

I didnt know either until i read that article earlier today.
    I am the Stig

i think that ron dennis is just trying to ruin alonso's future.

i hope next season all the battles would be on the circuits

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Please provide me the proof of this.
    Even the drivers knew of it. No way that such a thing can be hidden from your direct bosses.

I just read on the newspaper on Friday that Renault resigned with Mecachrome for their F1 engine contract. My guess is that they have always built their F1 motor, but the R&D work and engineering was run by Renault Sport, and they are just contracted supplier....With the engine development freeze and supplying customer team, I am guessing this is a easier arrangement than make the motors yourselves....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by torque55 View Post
    i think that ron dennis is just trying to ruin alonso's future.:
    thats is Stupid and ignorant!.... why, oh, why should Ron Dennis have any interest in that!....

Wasn't the ''leaker'', who had been released(i think) from Ferrari on "vacation" when all that started coming down? Wasn't he kinda high up in the Tech-Department and you don't think some Higher-ups at McLaren knew ??? Who the hell was he talking to.....the night janitor ??? Oh....to the guy about the TEAM ORDERS.....That's why you run two cars!!!!!!!!!One offense and one defense when you need it(not ot mention increasing you chances of finishing or winning). But to compare that to stealing technical data....is like saying " Fishing for Marlin is exactly like playing the Tuba!!" Let's have a look.....Alonso's at Renault...no engine troubles.....Kimi's at McLaren....can't keep motors from detonating.????

one of these days I'll figure out how to add previous quotes for references

Thread Information