Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm Sofa King We Todd Did

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3 View Post
    When you're pulling out onto a highway you don't spot check your blind spots? That sounds rather unsafe...
    When I'm pulling out onto a road with faster traveling cars I always make sure I am aware what's around me before pulling out into the lane. Otherwise I could be rear-ended by someone already traveling on that road. Funnily enough, when approaching a road on an angle, the rear view mirror doesn't show what's coming from that road. Would be nice to have one that would though...
    Of course I do, but I'm constantly checking as I'm turning in to the slip lane then do a quick head check over the shoulder then accelerate to speed. Not the other way around.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    sometimes i wonder why, instead of cars, couldnt i have been interested in something like birdwatching or some shit
    yeah, some shit can be rather expensive in this day and age...
    May the downforce be with you

Ouch, that's unlucky David. By the way, what does the Thread Title actualy mean..?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

im so ****ing retarded!
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Ouch, that's unlucky David. By the way, what does the Thread Title actualy mean..?
    You're sofa king we todd did.

Yeah, blingbling got it right, I found that in a video on Break, I wrote it down and made my friends read it aloud the morning before the accident... none of them got it until I explained them and I had a lot of fun hearing them say they were retarded! I thought it was rather appropriate after I had the accident...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, I get it, that's quite clever that.

Motion & Emotion

Break checks FTL

It should be illegal to slam on your breaks for no reason with no traffic. Unfortunatly the laws retarded and we have to drive in a world filled with brainless women drivers...believe me i know a few.

Just putting it out there, but every time i see a car doing something stupid and dangerous 80% of the time a woman on a phone and/or not paying attention, 10% of the time its a guy speeding not on a phone/paying attention, 10% REALLY old farts doing 30 in a 65. And i get a ticket for 40 in a 30 on an open road with no traffic and people ridding my ass...

JUST SAYIN'
    1987 Pontiac GTA Trans Am (Parked-Project car)
    Orange/Cloth
    Future ideas:
    LS1/LT1 or Twin Screw S/C L98 TPI
    True duels/side pipes

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2.0 (DD)
    Black/Black and Grey Leather

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    Break checks FTL
    When I do brake checks, I check my mirrors first. It helps with the non-damaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    When I do brake checks, I check my mirrors first. It helps with the non-damaging.
    Yes, every time I break hard (for a quick turn or something) I check my rearview real fast first.

Definitely good advice there.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Yes, every time I break hard (for a quick turn or something) I check my rearview real fast first.

Definitely good advice there.
    It was mandatory during driving lessons and the license exam to check the rear view mirror each time you had to brake or to use signals. Otherwise, no license!

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    It was mandatory during driving lessons and the license exam to check the rear view mirror each time you had to brake or to use signals. Otherwise, no license!
    Not for us!

When I think back, holy crap my road test was easy. It was conducted all on residential streets so I really had no traffic whatsoever. Plus, I went on a holiday, so there were less people taking the test. Possibly, that meant that the examiners were in a better mood. All the better for me.

However, I still need to pass my father's "private" test and earn his trust before I'll be driving. I'll bet you I'll still have another 2 years or so before I drive by myself. Which I don't mind at all, since he lets me practice driving under his supervision. All the better for me to become a better driver.

I should pay attention to this. I've just realised I never use my mirrors before braking... I just press the pedal a little, and a little early so the brake lights come on so people behind me know I'm going to be stopping in the lane to back into the garage...

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    I should pay attention to this. I've just realised I never use my mirrors before braking... I just press the pedal a little, and a little early so the brake lights come on so people behind me know I'm going to be stopping in the lane to back into the garage...
    Breaking early before braking 'for real' was also mandatory

All these little details explain why I didn't take manual driving lessons. There are so many details to check I didn't want to be bothered with all that while I was trying to get myself used with the clutch...

Aaah, Manual is piss easy

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information