Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 219mph LP640 on Freeway in Arizona!

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    even if the police would compensate for measuring inaccuracies, I think the speed is still way above what is acceptable....
    True, but it's difficult to place charges on someone without having concrete, or at least appropriate evidence of the speed that was attained. I'm personally sure he was going over 175 mph, but the courts and a jury may feel the lack of evidence that is sourced through a youtube video can't uphold a verdict for 219 mph.

I'd guess he would get reckless driving and speeding charges, with an overnight jailing or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    True, but it's difficult to place charges on someone without having concrete, or at least appropriate evidence of the speed that was attained. I'm personally sure he was going over 175 mph, but the courts and a jury may feel the lack of evidence that is sourced through a youtube video can't uphold a verdict for 219 mph.

I'd guess he would get reckless driving and speeding charges, with an overnight jailing or something.
    they only have to calibrate the rev-counter...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    even if the police would compensate for measuring inaccuracies, I think the speed is still way above what is acceptable....
    I totally agree with that, and I'm not suggesting at all it is acceptable. You are asking for trouble doing speeds of that magnitude. A puncture, mechanical failure, bump in the road, any small factor could have led to a very large accident.

This video is more than enough to convict. Cases are tried and convictions are determined on far lesser "circumstantial" evidence every day in the US and around the world.

BTW: Does anyone have any updates on this story out of AZ?

Mother of god, he has a Reventon.

Thats like...diplomatic immunity...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Mother of god, he has a Reventon.

Thats like...diplomatic immunity...
    That's a joke. He doesn't have a Reventon. He has a SLR, Oro Elios LP640, an SL, modded 3000GT VR4 and a Veyron on the way. I'm not 100% sure he still has the SL.
    www.Desert-Motors.com - mag.Desert-Motors.com

Quote Originally Posted by ringle View Post
    This video is more than enough to convict. Cases are tried and convictions are determined on far lesser "circumstantial" evidence every day in the US and around the world.

BTW: Does anyone have any updates on this story out of AZ?
    Not really. Haven't heard anything about it on the news (which I don't really watch ) and haven't heard anything from my friends or other people in the club. He was at an event I was at last weekend and he was posting on a forum I go to yesterday.

tell him I said his website is lame
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    tell him I said his website is lame
    Yeah, you'd think a millionaire dentist could throw a couple o' bucks at some computer whiz for a slick website.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

ohh si carinho.....

narb is back! thank good my idol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Yeah, you'd think a millionaire dentist could throw a couple o' bucks at some computer whiz for a slick website.
    Hahaha, that website is really nothing. He kind of has a couple more websites... one that has made him millions of dollars and all.

Quote Originally Posted by pat_ernzen View Post
    Hahaha, that website is really nothing. He kind of has a couple more websites... one that has made him millions of dollars and all.
    which obviously gives him permission to behave like an idiot...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

There used to be a hi-res version of this video on a website (205mph.com), along with a bunch of pictures of this guy showing off his car. Quite a few had his face in it, along with the license plate, but I think the numbers were blurred out. There was a couple other videos of him doing high triple-digit-speeds on public roads. The site doesn't work anymore though, probably because of the news reporting on the video.

Thread Information