Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chavez loses constitutional vote

Chavez loses constitutional vote

This is the FIRST time that he ever loses an election, and my theory is that he lost on purpose. He is just reassuring the opposition (ppl like me who's against the dictatorship that he's imposing) that we still live in a Democracy and that he will accept democratic results.

I told my wife yesterday "It wouldn't surprise me if that wacko actually allows us to win this time just to reassure the country and the whole World that Venezuela is still under a "Democracy""

Chavez told reporters at the presidential palace that the outcome of Sunday's balloting had taught him that "Venezuelan democracy is maturing." His respect for the verdict, he asserted, proves he is a true democratic leader.
    BS !!!

Chavez loses constitutional vote - Yahoo! News

It's been proven before that he has control over the voting machines, I call BS on the whole thing.

My thoughts exactly. He would have benefited from either outcome actually.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

hmm...im no chavez fan but i dunno if im ready to yell conspiracy on this one yet.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

personally I am more worried about Poetin's win than Hugo's loss....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    personally I am more worried about Poetin's win than Hugo's loss....
    And I am at the moment much more concerned with my own countries highly instable future.

I'm just glad he lost that
    In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. -Tony Montana

hec16, you live in guatemala right? do most people in your area share your opinion on chavez? or are a lot of people in south america fans of him?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    hec16, you live in guatemala right? do most people in your area share your opinion on chavez? or are a lot of people in south america fans of him?
    yes I do Actually not a lot of people share his ideas because that might get the people in countries like mine to commit the same ideology and turn the country back to like it was in the 50's for example and also becuase the "GREAT PRESIDENT" that got elected here has some ideologys like him
    P.S Guatemala is in Central America
    In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. -Tony Montana

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    And I am at the moment much more concerned with my own countries highly instable future.
    You are right, quite at the same worrying level of the situation in Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Russia and Venezuela. We are right at the edge of the cliff.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    This is the FIRST time that he ever loses an election, and my theory is that he lost on purpose. He is just reassuring the opposition (ppl like me who's against the dictatorship that he's imposing) that we still live in a Democracy and that he will accept democratic results.

I told my wife yesterday "It wouldn't surprise me if that wacko actually allows us to win this time just to reassure the country and the whole World that Venezuela is still under a "Democracy""

BS !!!

Chavez loses constitutional vote - Yahoo! News

It's been proven before that he has control over the voting machines, I call BS on the whole thing.
    I heard a joke the other day about how chavez should be a nascar racer... he only turns left!

it was funny ... i swear.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

So even if he DOES respect the democratic way hes still an ass because you can cook up sneaky reason hes doing so. Im just wondering whos paying attention to "Our Man in Pakistan" and that former KGB agent that George said had a good soul...

Drakkie, lay of the pills man...
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    What DO you know of Dutch politics ? At the moment it is utter crap and we are making 1 step forward, 3 steps back, thereby insulting a large part of our population. Making elderly live on the street, making youths grab to drugs because of the poor school system, making it financially impossible for some to study, make driving a car almost impossible for individuals and people with factory jobs, make traffic an absolute nightmare by not doing anything about it for the last decade, slowly take away our privacy rights without letting us know, sign the european "treaty" without consulting the people (fearing another NO) and still pretend like nothing is happening to the people. I hope you can imagine it makes me very pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    What DO you know of Dutch politics ? At the moment it is utter crap and we are making 1 step forward, 3 steps back, thereby insulting a large part of our population. Making elderly live on the street, making youths grab to drugs because of the poor school system, making it financially impossible for some to study, make driving a car almost impossible for individuals and people with factory jobs, make traffic an absolute nightmare by not doing anything about it for the last decade, slowly take away our privacy rights without letting us know, sign the european "treaty" without consulting the people (fearing another NO) and still pretend like nothing is happening to the people. I hope you can imagine it makes me very pissed off.

Offcourse other nations are not very favourable, politics wise, but it is something their own people should control and not us in our comfy seats 10.000's kilometres away.

[/end rant]

making youths grab to drugs because of the poor school system
    was that really why you used them?????
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information