Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fooled again

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Why would we invade Canadia? They protect our head from sunburn.

That's the second time I've seen you use that. Old news.

You gotta admit though, we are a nice hat. All big and poofy - but cold.

Yeah but he maintains that because they did have them they could get them again!
    Doesn’t give them much scope really. He accuses them of developing them and wants them to stop then it becomes evident they have and he says yeah but that doesn’t mean they wont do it again!
    Did anyone remind him that HE HAS THEM!!!!!! and the U.S. is the only country to ever use them on people?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

yawn - Iran has nuclear weapons, the boogie man lives in your closet, global warming is gonna kill us all.

It'd be funny if it wasn't so freakin sad.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Yo I totally believenig the boobie man.

Typo. UFnyy. Leaving it.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

there hasn't been a good politically charged debate for quite a while. i think i'll stay out of this one.

with the exception of one thing:

the Secretary of Defense said publicly that we would not be using military force on iran. he has also reduced the number of potential strike sites down to just the suspected nuclear sites, taking away all of the political targets.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

From what I understand Nuclear programs were for the most part put on hold in Iran back in 2003.

That, and the fact Iran might actually fight back, are good enough reasons for me to believe an Invasion is highly unlikely.

I Ran?

so far away.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

<3.

I remember someone had that as their signature. much win.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    From what I understand Nuclear programs were for the most part put on hold in Iran back in 2003.

That, and the fact Iran might actually fight back, are good enough reasons for me to believe an Invasion is highly unlikely.
    well, the US doesnt currently have enough reserve fighting forces to enter into an additional war. the army and marine corps are struggling as is to maintain their numbers. the Navy is supplementing these forces by sending our sailors to assist in the ground conflict. this is something i myself have been nominated for, but luckily did not get selected to do. i do not agree with this program, since i specifically joined the navy to not do that. if i am selected to go i will go and do my job to the best of my ability, but that is not where my training or experience is based.

we could conduct missile/aircraft strikes with little to no problems. the problem is that those type actions woudl just cement in the minds of the iranian population the position that the US is just an evil aggressive imperialistic state. which is not exactly true. that woudl make things that much more challenging. so the shaky iranian government would all of a sudden have a much more legitimate leg to stand on, and we would set ourselves back a decade.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    well, the US doesnt currently have enough reserve fighting forces to enter into an additional war. the army and marine corps are struggling as is to maintain their numbers. the Navy is supplementing these forces by sending our sailors to assist in the ground conflict. this is something i myself have been nominated for, but luckily did not get selected to do. i do not agree with this program, since i specifically joined the navy to not do that. if i am selected to go i will go and do my job to the best of my ability, but that is not where my training or experience is based.

I'm glad you haven't been called into a dangerous situation. And it is a serious problem of personnel the Armed services are facing, not only in your country

we could conduct missile/aircraft strikes with little to no problems. the problem is that those type actions woudl just cement in the minds of the iranian population the position that the US is just an evil aggressive imperialistic state. which is not exactly true. that woudl make things that much more challenging. so the shaky iranian government would all of a sudden have a much more legitimate leg to stand on, and we would set ourselves back a decade.
    No matter what the US does, they are still considered the evil American dictators - thats ingrained as part of the revolution way back when. bombing or no bombing I highly doubt that would change.

What is changing is attitudes within Iran and indeed the US - messages of tolerance are getting through.

Ahmadinejad is a nutjob - plain and simple - who uses rhetoric, like every good politician, to try and push his viewpoints. not all of which his population agrees with.

Diplomacy seems to be working with Iran, so I think the world should stick at it.

I might leave it here as well because, like you said, I don't want to be involved in another political argument

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Yo I totally believenig the boobie man.
    you mean whiteballz??
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    the Secretary of Defense said publicly that we would not be using military force on iran. he has also reduced the number of potential strike sites down to just the suspected nuclear sites, taking away all of the political targets.
    always good to hear. iirc iran's military is quite capable too, more so than iraq's was, and US military forces are already overstretched... so it may not be viable anyway?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I have never accused the US people in any way.(apart from the fact that the majority, at least the second time, voted for the fool). The problem is the US Government and the power it seems to have over a number of European countries to drag us along into silly ventures.
    You got me there. I apologize for the outburst I had just woken up, but anyway, unfortuneately the US government has a tendency to think that they know better than any and everyone else and that they are right and especially they ignore the facts.

****ing idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Cody302 View Post
    ****ing idiots
    Yeah... i'd go for 10% of you being idiots and 5% of thoose, F....G idiots, but there are idiots all around the world and in every country
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    Yeah... i'd go for 10% of you being idiots and 5% of thoose, F....G idiots, but there are idiots all around the world and in every country
    Your national football team is a great example of that.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information