Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: The end of the world...

I prefer keys as well, but you get used to it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I still find myself getting so confused when moving to anything from my car, I've tried sticking the Peugeot keys into the drivers side climate control display before... The Audi feels most natural when switching between it and mine, must say it's got the best start-up of the three, key in slot, clutch down, flick key. Starts like its on a button whilst still feeling normal. Disliking the lack of key in mine as it has a tendancy not to work... i.e dashboard/headlights light up, fuel pump whirrs but nothing else...

Thought the system in the latest 320d Cabrio was quite slick, but still, it's nothing on a twist key...
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    The rare times I drive something key-less I feel disorientated, I have the feeling I'm starting a computer and in the nineties and viruses and pop-ups will destroy everything.
    this is why i drive old cars.. i'm all for improvements but why mess with something that works just fine? what possible advantage (bar laziness) is there in having keyless everything
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

as far as I can see, it's handy for not having to fish about in your pockets, especially when laden, and little else...
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

You still have to get it out to insert it on the dashboard though
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

technology is convenient and all, but I like the old school stuff too. Mechanical things that you physically move and can count on. The more electronics, the more crap there is to go wrong. I don't even like electric windows, but live with them because nothing really comes sans them anymore. So much for driving into a lake, getting jammed between boulders, and relying on your windows to escape. Thats Tot durch zu viel Technik.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    this is why i drive old cars.. i'm all for improvements but why mess with something that works just fine? what possible advantage (bar laziness) is there in having keyless everything
    None.

Delta is newer but has a conventional key.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Hi Craig,

It's my Dad that's the driving instructor (still drives a Mini). Albert has the 118d and a Lancia Delta...and I have a funny feeling that he wishes he could swap the engines (to have the petrol in the BMW and the diesel in the Lancia)!
    Ah, thanks. I feel quite thick now. So the 118d is Ferrer's own car.

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    I still find myself getting so confused when moving to anything from my car, I've tried sticking the Peugeot keys into the drivers side climate control display before... The Audi feels most natural when switching between it and mine, must say it's got the best start-up of the three, key in slot, clutch down, flick key. Starts like its on a button whilst still feeling normal. Disliking the lack of key in mine as it has a tendancy not to work... i.e dashboard/headlights light up, fuel pump whirrs but nothing else...

Thought the system in the latest 320d Cabrio was quite slick, but still, it's nothing on a twist key...
    Hi Tom. Still lurking I see
    autozine.org

when i come to power i'll make it so you have to punch the car in the middle of the dashboard to start it.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I prefer keys as well, but you get used to it.
    You need to always carry a key fob right?

That doesn't really help- honestly, a hunk of plastic to me does not equal a set of keys.

you can never casually throw a plastic card on the bar, as you can with a keyring (with a Ferrari badge attached)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    You need to always carry a key fob right?
    Nope. And that's the best thing about it, it fits in your pocket very well.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    you can never casually throw a plastic card on the bar, as you can with a keyring (with a Ferrari badge attached)
    You can if it's an American Express black card
    Used to be the Gold and .. yes I've done that flamboyant move in a bar after a deal in the US
    Even Platimum is now blase !!!

THough to be fair, my Royal Bank of Scotland card with the picture of the Highland Glens was always a beter talking point with the ladies
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    You can if it's an American Express black card
    Used to be the Gold and .. yes I've done that flamboyant move in a bar after a deal in the US
    Even Platimum is now blase !!!

THough to be fair, my Royal Bank of Scotland card with the picture of the Highland Glens was always a beter talking point with the ladies
    so you throw your credit card on the bar when arriving????
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

It was a big deal ... like HUGE.
    .. and yes we walked in to the bar, I PLACED the card on the bar and raised an open tab for the evening.
    It's like with cars ... it's what you DO with it that matters !!!!

Thankfully HP were paying it all back to me later
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information