Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever contributed to Wikipedia? (Not donation)

Have you ever contributed to Wikipedia? (Not donation)

Hi, following the discussion of Maybach Exelero where we all were discussing on the credibility of Wikipedia, i thought of this.

I've only contributed once to Wikipedia, if you search on Sony Vaio, the part where it mentioned how the VAIO logo came about, by using VA to signify the analog signal, where traditionally entertainment was from (TV, Radio) and IO represents the digital signal, hence the integration of entertainment in computers; was by me. But my original was about a paragraph long and was now only two sentence.

i know it's seemingly impossible to trace or proof whether the claims are genuine, nonetheless I'd rather share and believe than to shut off to avoid being deceived.

How bout you guys? Loads of intellectual chaps here, must have something worth claiming right?
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

A lot of people discount Wikipedia because their teachers told them it wasn't a good source. Most of the stuff is legit, but some people relate minor errors like a 10 horsepower difference in output on a Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 Stradale to Wikipedia as a whole.
    Last edited by Rockefella; 12-21-2007 at 01:44 AM.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Not wikipedia, but added some comments to some discussion sections on the lord of the rings wiki... >.>

/nerd
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

I've written multiple articles of automotive technology. For example the dashboard and the crank position sensor. We have to do research about a specific component often. These parts I usually copy into wiki.
    Last edited by drakkie; 12-21-2007 at 07:05 AM.

I wrote/edited a small part about the top speed at Le Mans.

i contributed to many articles on polish wiki, and most articles related to ferrari were pulled off from my website
    12 cylinders or walk!

Havent written anything, but i think ive edited a thing or two.
    I am the Stig

My Media studies teacher in yr 12 was an active contributor. Mostly to the Pokemon section
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I wrote John Howard is George bushes bitch.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Don't contribute, but I do use it to look up things

I tried to contribute once, but it turns out that it's all actually an elaborate lie and you can't really contribute, cos it's ALL written by the same guy, who knows more than anyone. Nobody's ever seen him or met him, but rumour has it, he calls himself "drarrk-key"...

I am still in school and my teachers will not let us use wikipedia. Either in grade school or high school.
    What happens if you get scared half to death, twice?
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Super GT View Post
    I am still in school and my teachers will not let us use wikipedia. Either in grade school or high school.
    Your teacher is stupid. People, students need to be exposed to as many sources of information as possible.The key lies not in the ability to get the 'correct' info, but to be able to process, decipher and think upon receiving all sorts of material.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

No, I use it often but I don't contribute. I usually don't know enough about something to contribute.

I rewrote the Nissan Skyline GT-R (KPGC110) section from garbled English into understandable English.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information