I posed this question to my buddy on MSN today and shortly after I came up with I think is the definitive answer. I won't reveal what I thought to be the most iconic car of all time as I want to see how long it takes you guys to pick it out. Once it is revealed, I am fairly confident that most people will agree.

#1 is pretty clear, but I think the more interesting task is formulating a top 5 or top 10 and as we speak my buddy are talking about it right now. I am unforunately not very familiar of cars from the Benz Motor Car until about 1965.

Clearly, people will disagree and argue but we gotta get cars representing a world wide view, I think that the list will lean heavily towards American and European cars largely neglecting other markets. The list will also tend to be leaning towards the past when there were fewer cars to chose between and it was easier for a car to dominate the market.

I will post some of my choices / ideas once you guys think of a few. Bonus points to those that guess the car I am thinking about for number 1.