Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UCP Nominations (2007) - Favorite Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Sauc3. He's not very active but he gets the job done, mainly maintaining the huge Matt's High-Res hide-out index.
    I take that vote back.

I won't nominate any moderator. You guys are all doing a wonderful job at letting -What- ruin the forums. I have respect for you guys, I talk with a bunch of you on a daily basis, but seriously, you are lacking.

On this note I'm out of those forums until someone decides to be a man and ban that idiot.

Over and out.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    On this note I'm out of those forums until someone decides to be a man and ban that idiot.

Over and out.
    Be out then.

I nominate Sauc3. He is very helpful.

Sorry guys. While everyone may be against -what- and his shenanigans, he hasn't necessarily done anything to warrant a permanent ban. Infractions yes, but a ban isn't necessarily possible.

On the matter of the funny picture posts in threads that get taken off topic... again, while it is shunned upon, I'm not sure if it's worth going back and deleting all of those posts in trimming of the threads.

From now on, everyone behave I guess. Otherwise the mod forum will have to commence discussion on what to do. And, if that happens, we'll go from being too lax on this tomfoolery to Stalinesque on post deletion and infractions/bans. Take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I will abstain from voting here. In general I find that the level of moderating has gone down over the last year. People are allowed to go off topic at any time, are allowed to frustrate threads with stupid/"funny" remarks, and there is a less critical attitude towards meaningless posts. So mod-team, do your best and Ill see you again at the beginning of 2009.
    that's becauce the chief of offtopic isnt a mod. I could teach them how to go off topic but make the topic change into a new one slowly enough to not be blamed for it.

Like this.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

I will abstain from voting here. In general I find that the level of moderating has gone down over the last year. People are allowed to go off topic at any time, are allowed to frustrate threads with stupid/"funny" remarks, and there is a less critical attitude towards meaningless posts. So mod-team, do your best and Ill see you again at the beginning of 2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Sorry guys. While everyone may be against -what- and his shenanigans, he hasn't necessarily done anything to warrant a permanent ban. Infractions yes, but a ban isn't necessarily possible.

On the matter of the funny picture posts in threads that get taken off topic... again, while it is shunned upon, I'm not sure if it's worth going back and deleting all of those posts in trimming of the threads.

From now on, everyone behave I guess. Otherwise the mod forum will have to commence discussion on what to do. And, if that happens, we'll go from being too lax on this tomfoolery to Stalinesque on post deletion and infractions/bans. Take your pick.
    I'm just going to say this: Even though -What- may be an annoying twat his house thread was the most entertaining thing UCP has seen in long time. (since Karmanns threads?) If we are not allowed to make off topic posts then UCP will become even more boring than it already is. It's the funny pictures, posts, and humorous collaboration of a select few members inside jokes that make UCP interesting. Don't get me wrong the site is EXTREMELY informative and helpful in the world of automotive news and technology as well as photographs, but it's JUST informative.

Chill out and live a little
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

^ Respek.

And I demand full size of that avatar.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    If we are not allowed to make off topic posts then UCP will become even more boring than it already is. It's the funny pictures, posts, and humorous collaboration of a select few members inside jokes that make UCP interesting.
    That's exactly the problem. UCP is not supposed to be a forum for a bunch of us, who already know each other, to fool around. It is supposed to be a worldwide forum for automotive subjects discussion. Unfortunately, it has become increasingly usual to notice that the "latest forum threads" box on the main page features 50% of non-car related topics.
    Many people in UCP forums (with whom I simpathize and who I find very funny and interesting) are in serious need for a step back to see the whole picture.
    Lately UCP forums have become a lot less atractive to adult and knowleadgeable newcomers.
    Honestly, though I know such measure would annoy many nice members of our community, if I were the forum owner I would introduce very strict measures against off-topic.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

I'm just going to say this: Even though -What- may be an annoying twat his house thread was the most entertaining thing UCP has seen in long time.
    I think this says more about you than about the forums.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I think this says more about you than about the forums.
    I believe others may agree.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

yes, people generally tend to agree with me.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Well, "others" are not the whole UCP community. And if they are, then the forums need a sudden change. Not to get read of them, but to create conditions to attract new interesting and more knowleadgeable members. Even they are not great entertainers.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

To get back on topic, I'll nominate Sauc3 as well for keeping up the excellent high-res index and for being generally nice and helpful.

I vote for Niko_Fx.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    That's exactly the problem. UCP is not supposed to be a forum for a bunch of us, who already know each other, to fool around. It is supposed to be a worldwide forum for automotive subjects discussion. Unfortunately, it has become increasingly usual to notice that the "latest forum threads" box on the main page features 50% of non-car related topics.
    Many people in UCP forums (with whom I simpathize and who I find very funny and interesting) are in serious need for a step back to see the whole picture.
    Lately UCP forums have become a lot less atractive to adult and knowleadgeable newcomers.
    Honestly, though I know such measure would annoy many nice members of our community, if I were the forum owner I would introduce very strict measures against off-topic.
    You can't force the forum to be something they're not. The last thing we want is an us and them mentality, most people on this board can be mature when they want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    You can't force the forum to be something they're not. The last thing we want is an us and them mentality, most people on this board can be mature when they want to be.
    are you with us..or against us..punk

Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information