Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fake Bankers Draft Scam?

time to find out who this Miranda actually is....probably a 7 feet Ibo or so.
    Welcome to UCP, btw.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Q TOY View Post

I just want you to know that I'm buying the CAR on behalf of my husband as our family are expanding'cos we are expecting our triplet babies in few weeks time.because i'm a preganant woman.

Really i would 've come for the viewing of the CAR due to my conditions now am heavily pregnant 'cos the doctor told me that i should not stress my self any more as a woman that is carrying a tripplet in her womb.in this case i would not be able to come for the viewing.But according to what you had already explain to me in your previous email i'm fully satisfied with all the conditions of the CAR.

Miranda
    This sounds proper dodgy - I would seriously think about reporting this!! who would be stupid enough to send the email to several people if they were an experienced fraudster?!??

The whole pregnancy thing is really funny, "triplet babies" - not just triplets, she sure goes into details for saying she will be buying a car, do you really need to know she is pregnant and that she is having triplets?

I like the sentence "'cos the doctor told me that i should not stress my self any more as a woman that is carrying a tripplet in her womb" it seems obvious that this Fraudster studied the English Language, and knows how to structure her sentences, I love the first person tense to third person.

I'm sorry to pick up on all of these, it's just these things really annoy me , and why would you put an offer on a car if you hadn't seen it in 'real life' ?? I certainly wouldn't.

Sophie x

I've had the exact same thing, this time from "Taylor Smith", supposedly from "The Isle of Skye Highland of Scotland". I'm going to search google for some suggestions how to get my own back. If I can get him to post a video of himself on youtube naked except for a sporran and a set of bag pipes I'll post it on here!

Oh, feel free to email Taylor if you need any information or advice on The Isle of Skye" - [email protected]

Whoever it is must think I came down with the last shower!

Hello
    Thanks for your mail and i really appreciate your concern about the Car.
    I want to assure that payment (UK bank draft) will cleared 2&3 working days into your bank account.
    Right now am going to instruct my client to issue the UK BANK DRAFT of £9,000 the certified UK BANK DRAFT can be deposited into your bank account and it's will take 2 to 3 working days for the bank draft to FULLY CLEARED and CONFIRM the money is in your bank account and before the given date you might as well check your bank account online regularly to see if the payment has FULLY CLEARDED and CONFIRM the money is in your bank account, hope you understand and from there i can take possession of the Car Now, i will ask him to issued you the above amount in your name and you'll wired (send) the excess funds to my shipper via western union,for the shipment of the Car to enable him come for the pick up of the Car at your location,I' ll give you my shipping agent's datas as soon as the UK BANK DRAFT FULLY CLEARED into your bank account,i will gets to you my shipper data for the wired (send) of the fund throung nearby western union around you so that he can receive the balance after 2&3 days it's will be at your location for the pick up.
    I will be giving £250 for your (efforts).I really want the Car urgently,and am highly earger to see it. I'll need your details inorder for you to received the UK BANK DRAFT soonest.And if you can email your details today probably this week you receive the payment.
    NAME..
    ADDRESS..
    POST CODE
    CITY..
    STATE...
    COUNTRY..
    PHONE NUMBER
    MOBILE NUMBER
    OFFICE, NUMBER
    HOME NUMBER
    Awaiting your mail today,to let me know what's good..
    Best Regard
    You can call me on this number +447024070331 (Taylor smith)

Subject: Re: 2005 SKODA FABIA 1.4 16V Elegance 5dr £4,195 BEST OFFER
    Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 19:13:41 +0000
    To: [email protected]

Hi,

I'm pleased that you're interested in the car, I suggest that you give me a call on .... to discuss further.

I'm available daytime or evening and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Gerrard

On 12 Mar 2008, at 08:49, smith taylor wrote:

Hello
    Am so excited you could find to e-mail me back concerning the car you listed for sale and i will love to purchase the car from you .
    Main look at the pic at the site it's very lovely car and the condition you stated for me, someone may conclude the car is very good.
    Really this kind of car have been looking for some days now.
    Am trying to purchase the Car for myself used .
    I will be glad if you can sell the Car to me.
    I believe by now Car is SOLD to me .
    Really, i want you to send more pics of the Car if available .
    Also concerning you asking price am okay with it (£4,200) for the Car.
    Please as for the shipment i will handle that myself i shall contact my private shipping company to handle the shipment from you location to mine.
    Likewise,the payment will come inform of (UK BANKDRAFT) which i believe is okay.
    The payment ( uK bankdraft) will take 2 to3 working days for the payment to FULLY 100% CLEARED and CONFIRM the money is your bank account, pls get back to me today so that we could conclude on the payment.And for that am not asking for your bank account and sorts codes numbers all i will need to process the payment is your NAME and your ADDRESS also with the MOBILE NUMBER ans HOME NUMBER.
    At present reside at ISLE OF SKYE HIGHLAND IN SCOTLAND and i will be glad if i can purchase the Car from you .
    Please remember that i have committed myself to purchase the Car .
    Thanks awaiting your e-mail today..
    Regards

Subject: Re: 2005 SKODA FABIA 1.4 16V Elegance 5dr £4,195
    Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:06:22 +0000
    To: [email protected]

Hi

The Skoda is still for sale, at £4,195 and it's in great condition both mechanically and internally/externally. It's just been serviced and had a cam belt change and has 12 months MOT.

I've attached a few photos and can happily send more.

Of course you're also more than welcome to come and view the car, just drop me an email to arrange or give me a call on .....

This really is a good car.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Gerrard

<87A404B2-0C60-4B3A-9CCB-73892D2D2795><EB5CB435-2271-484E-A4DF-0F53ACB2D7A6><141F646C-C9FD-41B0-B52F-31A01AF96602>

On 11 Mar 2008, at 11:53, smith taylor wrote:

Hello
    I read your ads that you listed for sale.
    Please let me know if the car still for sale
    And please email me the last price for the car also send the pic to me .
    And let me know the immaculate conditions of the car

Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You IM, we give. Learn more.

I love how he keeps on emphasizing the "CLEARED BANKER'S DRAFT" several times and the decline in his English ability as the exchange continues.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

it gets 'better' if you accept!!

Good Morning,
    Thanks for your response and i really appreciate that from you soo much and am soo excited that you've made up your mind to sell the car to me and As for the price which is pretty good for the lovely CAR.

And as for the registration of the CAR i shall provide you all the new OWNER details as soon i have your details to enable the payment to gets to you on time.'cos according to the law here in uk all the DVLA document must be done before you could hand over the CAR to me.

And also the shipping company would sign all the necessary document that needs to be sign on my behalf before the CAR leaves your possession.
    Assumed that the CAR has been sold to me cos the payment will be made to yo first thing tomorrow morning .
    and i really want you to count on me that you shall receive the payment within 72HRS from tomorrow as soon as i have all the details below.

I'm afraid do not release your bank details to anybody over the internet is too risky all i needed from is all the details below so that the payment could be send to you by post office.

I would 've give you a ring but i'm profound deaf and dump i could only write.

Moreover My husband would ring you just to hear your voice over the phone as soon as is back into the country because he travelled to United State of America on business trip since last week and he should be back in three days time.

As i have said in my previous i will take care of the shipping cost myself which have already consult a private shipping company who is going to handle the shipping process professionally for me .

Now i want you to get me right on the payment and shipping status which have arrange with the shipping company;

Firstly am going to pay you an amount which is going to cover your asking for the car and the shipping cost as well as you already knew am responsible for the shipping bill.

So right now am going to instruct my business associate to send you a bankers draft issue by united kingdom bank base in total sum of £11,000 in your name and it's going to be post to you via postal mail which have all ready cover your asking price for the car and the shipping expenses as well.

As soon as you receive the bankers draft all you needed to do make the deposit into your bank account and when it CLEARED FULLY which will take few days to cleared fully into your bank account my bank advised .

Mind you am 100% agree with you THE PAYMENT MUST FULLY CONFIRM CLEARED IN YOUR ACCOUNT FROM YOUR BANK as i've said earlier on that before i can take full possession of the car which i belief you have no problem regarding to that and my shippingagent will sign the DVLA papers and all other necessary documents related to this car upon is arrival to your location on my behalf he has all the full details with him for the DVLA and moreso,regarding the Vehicle Registration Document i shall prepare that myself .

Sameday your bank as confirm the payment cleared you deduct your asking price first and the balance left you withdraw that in cash in hand after you must deducted your asking price for the car £6,700 out of the total amount deposited.The funds left you take it to any nearby local western union agency arround you send it to my shippingagent.I shall provide you my shippingagent details where you are to transfer the cash balance immedailty the payment get to you.

I 'll giving you £300 for your efforts and western union charges out of the shippingagent money.

I want you to understand immediatly my shippingagent claim the balance from you same day the bankers draft clears is going to make use of the funds left to come down to your location for the pick up arrangements and to settle some shipping bills such as bill of lading,insurance and custom charges etc during the process of shipping and his coming down alongside with a mechanic who's going to assist the shipper to drive the car to a nearby sea port because my shippingagent is not perfect in driving.

So right now i want you to provide me where the payment will be address to such as :
    I'll need your data for the BANKERS DRAFT, viz;
    FULL NAME..
    CONTACT ADDRESS..
    MOBILE PHONE #...
    LAND PHONE #
    Pls mail me today to let me know the CAR is SOLD to me
    Thanks for selling to me.
    Cheers
    Mrs Lawrence

possibly the worlds longest pregnancy!?

Just a thought, but this woman has been pregnant now for nearly a year..
    shes deaf, dumb, and 3 months overdue..
    good advice from the doctor though!!

I am selling my MGTF and had the same email from Mrs Annabel Lawrence. Same deal, triplets on the way and wanting a two seater. Very odd but the confirming factor was when I asked her to call and she replied she was "deaf and dump!" She offered 3k over the asking price and then told me I would have to pay her shipping costs to Guernsey. I think her/his English was that bad that also set the alarm bells ringing. It looks like the scam is used elsewhere too and they have highlighted (put in capitals) the key words to change for other scams. Ive since heard its from Nigeria. Steer well away and dont give any details if you hear from these cocos.

All of these get tagged as being "from Nigeria" only because the Nigerian's started it.
    It's called “Advance fee fraud” or “4-1-9” scams, after an old Nigerian criminal code for theft under false pretenses.
    Look up "scam 419" on google and all the history will be clear. It may well be Nigeria, but a lot of more recent ones seem to be coming from China -- oh what a surprise !
    If you want some fun then you need to bait the 419er - again any of the 419 sites give excellent examples of this
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

So the Chinese are now also copying the Nigerians?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Wherever cheap internet cafes are built with limited controls

Which does make me laugh seeing the CHina ones coming out as they have the msot strictly controled but I guess that's on the inbound side. They don't mind them ripping US off, but heaven forbid they can hear and discuss the truth
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Wherever cheap internet cafes are built with limited controls

Which does make me laugh seeing the CHina ones coming out as they have the msot strictly controled but I guess that's on the inbound side. They don't mind them ripping US off, but heaven forbid they can hear and discuss the truth
    The truth is overrated.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

An email received a short while ago. Nothing to do with the Mrs Laurence fraud.

Mr, Musa Camara.
    15 kolughu naba av.
    Marital status: married with 4 children.
    City: Ouagadougou.

I am Mr, Musa Camara, working at the auditing and accounting department, BANK OF AFRICA (B .O. A) Ouagadougou Burkina-Faso West Africa with due respects and regard. I have decided to contact you on a business transaction that will be very beneficial to both of us at the end of the transaction.

During an annual auditing of Account's in this bank, my department came across a very huge sum of money belonging to a deceased person who died in a tragic plane crash on the Lenana Peak, Mount Kenya, Saturday, the 19th day of July, 2003 together with his wife Jean, three of their children and their spouses, and four grandchildren, since then his fund has been dormant in his account with this Bank without any claim of the fund in our custody e

ither from his family or relation before discovery to this development.

The said amount was U.S $8.2M (Eight million, two hundred thousand United States dollars).Infact I could have done this transaction alone but because of my position in the country as a civil servant (A Banker), we are not allowed to operate a foreign account and would eventually raise an eye brow on my side during the time of transfer because I work in this bank.

This is the actual reason why it will require a second party or fellow who will forward claims as the next of kin with affidavits of trust of oath to the Bank and also present a foreign account where you will need the money to be transferred into on your request as it may be after due verification and clarification by the correspondent branch of the bank where the whole money will be remitted from, to your own designation bank account.

I will not fail to inform you that this transaction is 100% risk free. On smooth conclusion of this transaction, you will be entitled to 45% of the total sum as gratification, while 50% will be for me, also the remaining 5% will be for any expenses such like telephone bills which most involved in this transaction and it will all be deducted out from the total money when it is been transferred to your account over there. Please, you have been advised to keep "top secret" as I am still in service and intend to retire from service after I have concluded this transaction with you.

I will be monitoring the whole situation here in this bank until you confirm the money in your account and ask me to come down to your country for subsequent sharing of the fund according to percentages previously indicated and further investment, either in your country or any country you advice me to invest in. All other necessary, vital information will be sent to you when I hear from you.

I look forward to receive your reply urgently. Show your readiness to assist me in this transaction by replying this proposal as early as possible and I want you to assure me of your capability of handling this transfer with trust by giving me the following information's about yourself:

1) Your age?
    2) Your occupation?
    3) Are you married?
    4) Your mobile phone number?
    5) Your location and full address?
    6) Your identity card?

I will tell you how you can apply to the bank as soon as i receive your response towards this mail.

Extend my greetings to your family and you should please try and have trust on me in this transaction so that we shall achieve our aim together.

Do not take this very transaction as a joke, I am betting you right now that this is just nothing but reality, so you reply and ask me how you can apply for the text of application form of claim of the deceased fund from the bank. It is the foreign remittance departments that are responsible for transference of fund into your account over there.

KINDLY CONTACT ME WITH THIS ADDRESS BELOW, [email protected] OR CALL ME 00226 78 14 71 31.

Thanks from,
    Mr, Musa Camara.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

reminds me of "phonejacker" on channel 4 - "goooood afternoon madam"
    autozine.org

That e-mail looks very legit.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    That e-mail looks very legit.
    Considering that its asking me for my personal details etc, and offering me 8.2mil & from Africa? I wouldn't think so.

Even when my computers teacher sits down and reads it, while I'm checking my email, he takes the piss.

Edit: I left his Email in there so you can have a crack at him..
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Thread Information