Thread: Autostop..dammit

Autostop..dammit

I've heard before that many people consider autostop an extreme sports. Didn't understand them until today. Me with friend and sis caught a car to give us a lift to my mate's place... We shouldn't do it..honestly, shouldn't.
    He drove a crappy broken Lada, but I guess he thought it's a Ferrari at least. The road was narrow, and the Voyager in front of us couldn't overtake the previous car. He tried several times, and finally our driver got sick of seeing this, overtook both at the right (just in couple milimeters from a curb ) at high speed and, shouting on Russian something like 'Eat this, stupid motherf*cker!!' steered left before that poor red VW or what it was, I didn't even get it and hit the brakes... dam... I though he wanted to kill us all.
    Moreover, he never stopped at red light - he drove further saying 'I'm not going to wait...what do you think?'

It's eeerr...I don't know what to say...
    Last edited by faksta; 03-03-2008 at 01:54 PM.

Sorry, but what's autostop?

Oh, yep it's hitch-hiking in Russian. Sorry, I forget it's called different in English

Pulling emergency stops in front of ANYONE is just stupid.
    I hope you report him to the police and you've learned about hitching a lift and be careful that you're never going in a car with him again !!
    You, your friend and sis coudl have been injuured or killed.
    AND .... nex time you're in a car, that idiot might pull in front of you and casue injury ot death. He might be doing it right now to someone with kids in their car.

REport him. Get the plonker off the roads
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Pulling emergency stops in front of ANYONE is just stupid.
    I hope you report him to the police and you've learned about hitching a lift and be careful that you're never going in a car with him again !!
    You, your friend and sis coudl have been injuured or killed.
    AND .... nex time you're in a car, that idiot might pull in front of you and casue injury ot death. He might be doing it right now to someone with kids in their car.

REport him. Get the plonker off the roads
    It's hard to do, cause I haven't seen his numberplates but I hope he'll get to police soon - it was too notable...

Be sure, I'll never get in car with him again

Oh wow, we don't do hitch hiking here anymore.

Not safe at all in NY. You'd get the finger and a flurry of curses. Totally typical NY response though.

Nice to see that you and your sis are safe though.

Thread Information