Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drunk communicators

drunk communicators

as if it needed any scientific proof, but this may help to adopt further measures to reduce traffic casualties...

PistonHeads Headlines

In Norway all "hands-free" devices is banned, excepts for integrated cellphones, with a button for answering the phone on the steering wheel. 625 euro fine if you get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost View Post
    In Norway all "hands-free" devices is banned, excepts for integrated cellphones, with a button for answering the phone on the steering wheel. 625 euro fine if you get caught.
    and that, combined with your prices for alcohol, has turned Norway into the safest country to drive

Norway.... "Fantastic Economy" comes to mind

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    and that, combined with your prices for alcohol, has turned Norway into the safest country to drive
    Fred's avatar is a bit ironic...
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

NY has a law that says you cannot legally drive and talk on a cellphone. I believe the first offense is a $50 fine, but that doesn't stop ANYONE, even the cops.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    NY has a law that says you cannot legally drive and talk on a cellphone. I believe the first offense is a $50 fine, but that doesn't stop ANYONE, even the cops.
    talking with a hand held is not allowed here either, but in stead handsfree talking has been promoted. Now the evidence is there that this is also rather distracting and dangerous.

Co is SUPPOSED to have a law banning cell phone use UNLESS it has a hands free device, yet i see more cops than citizens talking on thier cell phones without a hands free device. They SHOULD just ban cell phone use in automobiles ALL TOGETHER!!!...

Like with speed, banning hands-free is penalising all because some people have not learned how to drive properly.
    Hands-free is no different to having a passenger or kids in the back and conversing with them !
    When I'm on hands-free -- and when I used to be hand-held -- then there were times I'd delay the conversation or ask people to repeat things because the road conditions required more of my attention.

Being a bad driver who doesn't pay attention is NOT the fault of a mobile phone !! It just makes the likelihood of it happening higher.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Texting while driving ftmfw.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    ...yet i see more cops than citizens talking on thier cell phones without a hands free device. .
    Are you sure it wasn't a radio?

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Texting with both hands off the wheel in the middle of a corner is the true ftmfw.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Ive always been of the same line of thought as Matra on this. Its not hard to drive safely and talk to someone, ive been more distracted changing CDs then i have been on my phone.

3 points and $335 here for using a phone whilst driving. Hands free is legal.

Txting whilst driving is for the l33t amogst us... *high fives Quiggs*

*washes hand*
    The Datto will rage again...

I always answer it on my ear and say let me put you on speaker. Then I punch the radio to shut up and put the speaker on automatically. Not distracted from the road at all. I call a awful lot for business mostly and I did notice it distracts you even while being "handsfree". That's exactly the reason why I dont answer it whilst driving in the city or under bad conditions or whatever that needs extra focus on driving. On a motorway cruise it doesn't really harm I guess..

By the way, the article is very vague. They didn't even name the University.. sighs..

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't a radio?

Texting with both hands off the wheel in the middle of a corner is the true ftmfw.
    Positive, you can tell A. by the size and shape and B. the way its held. The opinion that the law is punishing all because of a few is COMPLETELY incorrect, NO ONE can give the sufficient attention needed to operate a vehicle while ALSO giving the sufficient attention needed to communicate on or operate a phone, thats why they give the majority of the attention to the phone, because they feel communicating with someone is more important than giving their ENTIRE attention to operating the vehicle, they also feel that their ARE in fact COMPLETELY in control of the vehicle, even if something DOES go wrong. Its just people thinking they are capable of more than what the human body is capable of...

THE PHONE CALL IS NOT THAT IMPORTANT, YOU CAN TALK TO THEM LATER, HANG UP AND ****ING DRIVE!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Yup. Wish it were better enforced though. Lots of crazy people as it is. We don't need soccer moms on their cell phones in their massive Suburbans not concentrating on the road with 7 kids in the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Like with speed, banning hands-free is penalising all because some people have not learned how to drive properly.
    Hands-free is no different to having a passenger or kids in the back and conversing with them !
    When I'm on hands-free -- and when I used to be hand-held -- then there were times I'd delay the conversation or ask people to repeat things because the road conditions required more of my attention.

Being a bad driver who doesn't pay attention is NOT the fault of a mobile phone !! It just makes the likelihood of it happening higher.
    While I agree that cell phone usage is distracting, you try to do it in a safe way, so I guess it's safe that way though. However, not everyone will delay the call and etc. The easiest way to deal with it would be just banning it for everyone. Sucks, but the way I see it, any distraction (radio, passengers, etc.) can be potentially deadly for the driver.

Just wondering, how is the problem handled in Scotland and England?

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    I've seen a couple crashes online because the driver was texting. Not pretty sights.

Thread Information