Thread: up next for the yankee's...Billy Crystal

up next for the yankee's...Billy Crystal

i dunno if ya'll have heard about this but apparently the yankee's are letting Billy Crystal suit up and play during spring ball against the pirates.

whats your take?

here's mine: OHH how the mighty have fallen. the yankee's used to be the class act of baseball now they are looking like a joke. i mean this is a team that has been known since the early 1900's for being very classy and very serious, it used to be an honor like no other to "be a yankee". now they are letting billy crystal play for them...pathetic, stienbrennar and joe girrardi need to get their heads out of their butts before they ruin everything greats like billy martin, babe ruth, joe dimaggio, lou gerrihg, and yoggi berra worked so hard to achieve.

Add the billy crystal mockery to the AAA style ball the yankee's have been playing so far and the picture looks worse. first of all there's catcher shelly duncan spiking the ray's second baseman (BTW the smallest guy on the team) in the groin SI.com - MLB Spring Training - Yanks-Rays, Round 2: Five ejected after scrum - Wednesday March 12, 2008 11:52PM
    then youve got A-rod yelling and making noise after hitting an infield pop fly. the Yank's need to get back on track and remember the road the went down to get to the point the are at today (baseballs holy grail).
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

I guess it's okay as long as he's on steroids..just to make it fair.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    i dunno if ya'll have heard about this but apparently the yankee's are letting Billy Crystal suit up and play during spring ball against the pirates.

whats your take?

here's mine: OHH how the mighty have fallen. the yankee's used to be the class act of baseball now they are looking like a joke. i mean this is a team that has been known since the early 1900's for being very classy and very serious, it used to be an honor like no other to "be a yankee". now they are letting billy crystal play for them...pathetic, stienbrennar and joe girrardi need to get their heads out of their butts before they ruin everything greats like billy martin, babe ruth, joe dimaggio, lou gerrihg, and yoggi berra worked so hard to achieve.

Add the billy crystal mockery to the AAA style ball the yankee's have been playing so far and the picture looks worse. first of all there's catcher shelly duncan spiking the ray's second baseman (BTW the smallest guy on the team) in the groin SI.com - MLB Spring Training - Yanks-Rays, Round 2: Five ejected after scrum - Wednesday March 12, 2008 11:52PM
    then youve got A-rod yelling and making noise after hitting an infield pop fly. the Yank's need to get back on track and remember the road the went down to get to the point the are at today (baseballs holy grail).
    You're and Idiot.

1. Billy Crystal is an honarary Yankee for ONE GAME, he has been a fan his entire life and attends alot of games.

2. Its preseason baseball. Teams are supposed to suck.

3. Shelly Duncan is a first baseman.

4. Do you remember what happened in the Rays game? Francisco Cervelli was train wrecked at home plate. Sliding into second base is hardly dirty baseball.

5. A-Rod yelled that last season. Its the infielders fault for being such a dumbass.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

The Billy Crystal thing is a fun way to honor him for being a fan , who really cares?

Shelly Duncan is a douche of unbelievable proportions. You say to the media before the game that you're gonna retaliate, then you slide into 2nd with your spikes up right into the groin of the 2nd baseman after you're out by 10 feet and claim it was a baseball play? That's BS if I've ever heard it. Not to mention he was "retaliating" against an actual baseball play. Catchers are gonna get bowled over at the plate, sometimes they get hurt, sometimes the runner gets hurt. It happens.

What A-Rod did last year only got press cause he's A-Rod, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. In fact, it probably should, if Rickey Henderson can stand on first and taunt the pitcher why can't A-Rod yell at infielders?
    "It's the only car I've ever driven that'll spin the wheels at 200 mph."
    -Mark Donohue, talking about the Penske 917/30 twin-turbo Porsche Can-Am car.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post

2. Its preseason baseball. Teams are supposed to suck.

3. Shelly Duncan is a first baseman.

4. Do you remember what happened in the Rays game? Francisco Cervelli was train wrecked at home plate. Sliding into second base is hardly dirty baseball.
    your right about shelly duncan being the first baseman, my bad.

i know its preseason and i know teams are supposed to suck, but either way its not supposed to be a joke, i have no problem with a team doing bad turing preseason its a time to try mixing things up.

trainwrecking someone at the plate is just physical baseball and a relatively common ocurrance. but spiking someone in the groin is definately dirty baseball. and very un-yankee like.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

I bet the Yankees wish they had Kosuke Fukudome

GO CUBS

Billy Crystal has been a fan for his whole life, he even wore a Yankees hat in that cowboy movie he was in from like 1991. It's for a day. He hit .348 in high school. It's for a day.

Either way, I'm excited for the season to start up, I got Astros-Redsox and Astros-Yankees tickets, I'm so stoked.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

News Flash: Baseball blows like Pat's mom.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

as long as the natonals lose every game itll be a good season.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    as long as the natonals lose every game itll be a good season.
    Angry they left, or never liked them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post

REPRESENT.
    Last edited by fisetdavid26; 03-14-2008 at 12:13 PM.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    mad at the years of conspiracy and lying to the fans to get the team to move.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    Billy Crystal has been a fan for his whole life, he even wore a Yankees hat in that cowboy movie he was in from like 1991. It's for a day. He hit .348 in high school. It's for a day.

Either way, I'm excited for the season to start up, I got Astros-Redsox and Astros-Yankees tickets, I'm so stoked.
    i believe the movie you are referring to is city slickers. and the hat you are referring to was a mets hat.

However i am also very excited for the season to start. college ball has already started and huskers are on fire! but i cant wait to see what happens with my royal's this year. REVIVE 85!!!

(seriously i know the royals are horrible, but i still love em)

Thread Information