Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new car first car

new car first car

I'm 16 and our family is going to purchase a new car. We're selling our piece of junk 98 mystique soon and i doubt itll rake in more than 7000 canadian
    Since I'm going to be the one driving it most of the time I get to pic which car (within our price range) and i also get to pay for most of it yay.
    The budget for the entire car cant be over 25 thousand canadian while i'm probably going to pay 10+ grand
    I'm looking at the Mazda 3 GS Sedan with manual transmission, power package and the sport package which totals to about 24,253.50 (50 cents wtf would they put that in).

If anyone has a better idea please submit, we're planning on getting this real soon so any help would be appriciated, donations wouldnt hurt either .

heh, good choice on the Mazda3, excellent car, great value.
    So what exactly are you getting with these packages and stuff? I'm sure you're getting a lotta car for the dollar, but what exactly is there that you're getting?
    Sorry, wish I coudl donate, but I'm a little poor myself!

One car I suggest instead maybe the Toyota Matrix? It looks pretty cool, fits inside your budget pretty well, and its from Toyota, which means total reliability.

Or you could go for a Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, but I don't know if that fits in your budget.

How about this car?Its a citroen xsara, i dunno if they sell it in canada, but my dad has one and it is a nice car. Drives ok, interior is a ok, and it has lots of stuff on it like airco etc. If they sell it , i guess it would fit in your budget.

Oh, and on the pics is the wrc version, you gotta lose the spoilers, and stickering and then you have the road car
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by drakkie; 05-02-2004 at 11:36 PM.

mazda 3, good choice, and the matrix looks like its a good deal, bigish and cool looking. not to mention its toyota.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

You could have a Honda Element!

Yeah Right.

You could even have a Mini Cooper! A Mini Cooper S even if you were willing to go slighty over budget!!!

I think the Mazda3 is a good choice. It's selling well here in Melbourne and the reviews are all good. I haven't seen the Toyota Matrix in Australia but it looks pretty good in the pic too.
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

You could even have a Nissan Altima! Thats a nice big, comfortable sdean!

Matrix is a no, i wouldn't do it, it's a celica engine going to waste in a Monobox, plus their really poorly matched, you need to rev the guts out of the engine to get anywhere. According to R&T at least.

As for the Mazda3, sedan or hatch? I'd go sedan, it looks better.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    you need to rev the guts out of the engine to get anywhere. According to R&T at least.
    Don't worry about revving the engine, they're made to be so
    Might not be the sound you like (sic) but it delivers the power you want and you get to play with the gearbox more
    You don't lose warranty just because you rev it like it was made to do......
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I have a good friend that is a mechanic at a Mazda dealership and he said the Mazda 3's look horrible after relavtively not bad crashes, this may defer you. But hey he could quite possibly be wrong. Other wise the Mazda 3 is a great looking and performing car in my opinion.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Most cars do, bear in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Tifosi
    I have a good friend that is a mechanic at a Mazda dealership and he said the Mazda 3's look horrible after relavtively not bad crashes, this may defer you.
    most modern cars are designed to deform to absorb impact and avoid hurting passengers.
    So in 40-50mph accidents a compact Euro/Jap car will look like a "pound of mince" and an American Sedan might have w wee bump on the fender.
    It's for your safety, but you may baulk at having to right a car off after a lowish speed accident. Not all 40mph accidents will do it mind, but some can
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    One car I suggest instead maybe the Toyota Matrix? It looks pretty cool, fits inside your budget pretty well, and its from Toyota, which means total reliability.

Or you could go for a Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, but I don't know if that fits in your budget.

[IMG]

mmmm, the Pontiac Aztek's better half
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 05-04-2004 at 09:26 PM.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information