Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I want a Suzuki Alto Works

If you still want one, there's one in Tokyo for the equivalent of 3500 USD .

Suzuki Alto Works
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

If you want a Suzuki then I have a Suziki Alto Works that has been completely reconditioned. Just PM for more details.

Cheers guys but I only said I wanted one, not that I could concievably buy and run one, as much as I'd love to. I wish those cars a good home.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

haha.. Pretty unique.. As U say with a bit of work..

Just a picture of what I have:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I have a 2009 Alto. Actually the European Alto 2009 is known as the A-Star in India. The older version (2008) is still sold in India as the Alto. Mine has the F8B engine. I'm thinking of turbocharging it. Anyone done that? Can you share the details with me?

1.2 liters is the smallest any passenger car should have . only with 300 cc per cylinder do you start to get useable torque

these Kai cars can look cool , but the engines are a Joke!

Honda set the trend back in 1981 btw : http://tinyurl.com/lnjkke

the Toyota Starlet are very good , 200 hp daily drivers exist , also the Suzuki Swift GTI should get a mention - but the smallest car with the biggest decent sized engine was the Daihatsu Charade DeTomaso

Kai stands for krap . over a Liter or Nothing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Badsight View Post
    1.2 liters is the smallest any passenger car should have . only with 300 cc per cylinder do you start to get useable torque
    can I quote a couple of things?
    They are called weight and forced induction.

You should try an old Fiat Panda, I smile every time I have the chance to drive one, and it has I think only 34 bhp if not less.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

i still cant believe the power output they managed from the Fiat 500 back in the 60's

unbelieveable

as for weight , the 1974 Honda Civic managed 700 Kg with a 1200 4 cylinder :P

edit : have you seen an early 90's Peugeot 106 ? they are Tiny! & the GTI model had a 1600 in it , just awesome
    Last edited by Badsight; 07-31-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badsight View Post
    i still cant believe the power output they managed from the Fiat 500 back in the 60's

unbelieveable

edit : have you seen an early 90's Peugeot 106 ? they are Tiny! & the GTI model had a 1600 in it , just awesome
    yep, but the 106 Rallye had a 1.3, was lighter and even funnier.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro
    I have a 2009 Alto. Actually the European Alto 2009 is known as the A-Star in India. The older version (2008) is still sold in India as the Alto. Mine has the F8B engine. I'm thinking of turbocharging it. Anyone done that? Can you share the details with me?
    Hello Pedro, welcome to the forums and thanks for bumping my Alto thread. Alto thread is always relevant.

I'm not a mechanic but there are a couple of things to consider about your proposal.

What kind of access to good fuel do you have in India?
    If there is a turbo version of your car/engine, it's always best to start with that.

Quote Originally Posted by badsight
    That's quite a specific rule you've set there.
    these Kai cars can look cool , but the engines are a Joke!
    How so, brown cow?
    Plenty of fun, enough power to get into trouble and returns 5-6L/100km, can be built to exceed 10 000rpm. What's not to like?
    Honda set the trend back in 1981 btw
    That they did and the City turbo is an interesting car but just a bit too old. The newest ones are over 20 years and decent ones are extremely thin on the ground.
    Also, the motor is tuned for low end torque, I can't see the point in that when the car so light.
    Daihatsu Charade DeTomaso
    Problem is that they are rare, expensive and still built like a Charade.
    Kai stands for krap . over a Liter or Nothing!!!!
    whoa whoa...this is a friendly car chat forum, no need to go flaunting your college education over us.

And 50hp compared to 64 turbo horses in the Alto. And wouldn't rev.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    yep, but the 106 Rallye had a 1.3, was lighter and even funnier.
    Peugeots are fun, was seeing a girl a while back whose mother had a 306 Gti-6, I asked her about it and she told me it got very good fuel economy for a V6 *facepalm*. She was shocked when I showed her it had a 6th forward gear.
    I suppose I saved her a bit on insurance though, sh had been telling her insurer it was a 6 cylinder all these years :P

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Forgot to link a good little article on Kei (or "Kai" if you're a Kiwi) cars.

Browser Warning

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite View Post
    And 50hp compared to 64 turbo horses in the Alto. And wouldn't rev
    well when you have no torque , you had better be good at revving eh!

but no , wrong. the square bore/stroke EB engine can rev really hard . well used in club racing , its quite the underrated 70's jappa . the City Turbo can be over-boosted to 130 Hp , no parts required . & daily driver 150 wHp cars exist (even with the disgusting CVCC head)

the 1.2 Liter "rule" is for 4 cyl engines .you really want at least 300cc per cylinder before your making useable torque . got nothing against the Kei cars really . just their light weight isnt that special & neither is their useable power!

favourite has to be the cappuccino btw

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite View Post
    Forgot to link a good little article on Kei (or "Kai" if you're a Kiwi) cars.
    Nice link. I didn't even know that Mazda made one never mind it had gull wings
    Mate had a Honda Beat and we used to swap cars for weekends.
    FANTASTIC handling and as long as you keep revving it, fast on the twisties.
    hmmmm, wonder if there are any Mazda AZ-1's for sale

Hello,

Alto is reliable car, performance wise as well as security wise. It is easy to maintain, and pretty good car for the new car drivers.

Regards,
    sarah_9

Online Traffic School
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 08-04-2009 at 04:57 AM. Reason: a MUCH better site to link to

Thread Information