Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get your monitor colours right?

How to get your monitor colours right?

In this digital era we view photo's on the pc, but people use different monitors with different settings. So, while my photo looks perfect on my pc, it looks a little dark on another one and too light/pale on another pc.

What are the best/most used/dunno settings for the screen

usually installing the original driver sets the screen to the best settings...
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Quote Originally Posted by basman007 View Post
    In this digital era we view photo's on the pc, but people use different monitors with different settings. So, while my photo looks perfect on my pc, it looks a little dark on another one and too light/pale on another pc.

What are the best/most used/dunno settings for the screen
    i guess "don't touch anything" is the best setting. or maybe "set to default". i know it could sound silly, but i think there are no reasons to change the settings of a monitor, at least if the monitor is in a room with a standard kind of light. i used to change the settings with 100% of contrast and 50% of light in order to achieve a more vivid and dynamic image, but of course in this way it's all about tastes, since the images became a little "blue".
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

well, i think its important to have the right color managment.
    but then again its hard to know what the right one is since they vary vastly from one another. I think that untill you use your computer for non proffesional graphics you can stick with default color managment settings

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

hmmm... I thought that was the best too. But my brother got a new pc + screen and pics look different on it. So then I thought: Hee, maybe there are alot more people who see the 'pale version' of my pics. I should add that I've seen my pics in correct colours on 4 pc's.

BTW: He installed the drivers and is using the standard settings...

You can also use something like this: Datacolor: Spyder2express
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    You can also use something like this: Datacolor: Spyder2express
    Looks cool, but is it worth 85 Euro? Seems steep, but then again I suppose imaging/photography related software usually follows that price curve.

There also comes some software with Photoshop. It is in your "configuratiescherm" somewhere. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    It is in your "configuratiescherm" somewhere. Good luck.
    English please

Quote Originally Posted by Gt1Street View Post
    English please
    Control Panel. I don't see understand how the " " did not point you in the right direction. Good luck.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I have a Pantone Huey.
    www.Desert-Motors.com - mag.Desert-Motors.com

If you use a Mac, under Displays in your system preferences there's a color tab. The default profile is usually pretty good if you have an Apple monitor, but the calibration tools are also very helpful for adjusting any other monitor.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Yeah, I don't edit images, so I just set it to whatever I'm comfortable. It's not like my career rides on my monitor.

If it's really important, use that software like Wouter suggested.

All monitors are slightly different, different LCDs have different qualities, different contrasts, different everything elses... old CRTs are more washed out, cheaper LCDs are more crappy, there's no default setting to make everything look the same on every monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    All monitors are slightly different, different LCDs have different qualities, different contrasts, different everything elses... old CRTs are more washed out, cheaper LCDs are more crappy, there's no default setting to make everything look the same on every monitor.
    Not necessarily. A higher end CRT can show just as good as recent LCD at the cost of size.

Thread Information