Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda RX-8 or Nissan 350Z

to me i would go with the z becuase it seems to be more raw and have better performance. if im not mistaken i think you live in the middle east then you surely would have to take the z becuase the rx 8 has no dealer garantee here and nissan have fild track record in the region

Quote Originally Posted by babel17
    I own an RX8, and I love it. But my decision to buy the RX8 instead of the other cars I also considered (Nissan 350Z, Honda S2000, Audi TT, G35, Lotus Elise, WRX STi) was based more on style than perfomance. I prefer handling to horsepower, and I love the looks and ergos of the RX8.

I love my car (except for the gas mileage those EPA estimate numbers are total BS). I suspect though if I had got any of the others, I'd have loved them as well.
    That's a very nice and honest response

I don't know about the RX8 handling better than those cars you mentioned, but it sure has some looks that I love

Great car, you should post some pics of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverArrowZ
    if you are going to modify it, i think 350Z is way better, at least in fuel effeciency. Mod a 350Z to twin turbo, running 0.7 bar. This will give you about 360 to 370 horsepower (probably 340 on the wheel) and you still get 28 mpg!!! i don't think any other turbocharged cars can match this. I think it is great running cost, considering my 68bhp 4k 1.3l old OHC engine consume the same ammount of fuel
    Are you ignorant? First off, the EPA estimates for the 350Z are 20/22. And everyone knows that the EPA gets way better gas mileage than consumers. Then, you are putting in .7 bar, or 10 pounds of boost for us Americans. And running forced induction will lower your gas mileage even further, especially that much boost. So after that, whether you get 360 hp out of it or not, you will be lucky to get 15 MPG. 10-12 is probably more likely. Not saying that the RX-8 is efficient, because rotaries are not...but the RX-8 is way more efficient than that.
    Last edited by crazybob; 06-22-2004 at 02:30 PM. Reason: fixing typo because it made me look stupid.

mazda rx-8 4ever

I would definately choose the rx-8, its rotary engine, modern-clasic mixture interior, general good shape for the exterior.....

my aunt has a rx-8, and I it's much more awesome to look at it personaly than on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob
    Are you ignorant? First off, the EPA estimates for the 350Z are 20/22. And everyone knows that the EPA gets way better gas mileage than consumers. Then, you are putting in .7 bar, or 10 pounds of boost for us Americans. And running forced induction will lower your gas mileage even further, especially that much boost. So after that, whether you get 360 hp out of it or not, you will be lucky to get 15 MPG. 10-12 is probably more likely. Not saying that the RX-8 is efficient, because rotaries are not...but the RX-8 is way more efficient than that.
    oh no... my bad.. i do count wrongly when trying to convert liter to gallon.. sorry
    (cuz its 28mpg for imperial gallon... used in british... matra told me)

it should be 23.5mpg. Twin turbo 0.7bar. Tested in australia, cruising at top gear without going over 3000rpm.

EPA or no EPA they tested it already, it all depends on how you drive. 23.5mpg i say just now is not average milage, its cruising milage across the outback
    Last edited by SilverArrowZ; 06-23-2004 at 03:31 PM. Reason: add sumthin' duh~

I perfer the RX-8. I love the styling of it and from the tests I read between the two the RX-8 out handled it, and I definitely like handling over accleration. But if I were to chose any car in that price range it would be the Honda S2000, especially now with the 2.2L engine that makes it more practical.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Definitely the RX-8, more economic an better looking ( + all the other amazing things about it that i wont start going on about )
    My understanding of the RX 8 is that it has questionable fule economy. If you need a four door, four person car it is really the only choice of the two. If not I think the 350Z looks better ( cant come at those retro looks) and I also cant get comfortable with rotaries.

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    get an s2000 350 has no practicallity
    I cant see a S2000 being more practical as it is only a two seater convertible at that.

Quote Originally Posted by 350hp_civic
    350hp_civic personally if you have that money you should get a 1999-2000 R34 skyline.
    I think he wants a new car.
    Last edited by crisis; 06-24-2004 at 12:25 AM. Reason: quote
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by byronleehk
    I would choose the 350Z over the RX-8 anytime.

When Nissan came out with the 350Z they did several tests in Japan, including a 3 lap race against a Porsche Boxster, BMW M3, Honda S2000 and another car which I can't remember (all driven by JTCC drivers). Ended up the Z won (it started from the 1st row and the M3 being on the last) with the M3 came in 2nd.

Although the Japanese specs are different from the export models, I still think the Z will out-perform, out-handle the RX-8. And I don't like the suicide door on the RX-8.

Just my 2 cents.
    but it was messed up in the beginning. the skyline pulled ahead blocking the m3. making the m3 unable to pass the Z. the m3 could have won if the skyline hadnt done that.

well i think 350Z is a good choice, nice powerful v6 engine, good hp and good amount of torque. i h8 da look of the rx8...but in high gloss black it looks good...only advantage of rx8 is you'll save a wee bit on petrol, better interior but most people like the outside looks not inside, you can get alot of aftermarket parts for the 350z and if u get a rx8 and it has problems it will be MUCH more costly to repair than a 350z and out of all japanese car makers toyota and nissan are the most reliable and will give you the least problems if any arise and will be the cheapest to repair and mantain

Rx-8.

rx beats z

i think you should go with the rx-8 cause rx cars are usually good cars. ive had an rx-2, 4, and 7, and they've always been reliable, with nice 'healthy performance' and except for the rx-4, look good too. i havent owned either the rx-8 or 350z but rx always beats the z series so go for the mazda. and to correct a common misconception, the renesis is not a 1.3 litre v4, it's a 3.9 litre 2 rotor engine. there are 2 rotors, each with 3 654cc combustion chambers = 2 x 3 x 654 = 3924cc!! mazda just rates it at 1.3 litres to avoid extra tax for some countries, and cause it's a strange engine design, no one argues with them. (not to mention if a 1.3 litre naturally aspirated engine spinning at 7000rpm or whatever its max power's at, is producing 150kW or however much, mazda must have invented some amazing new technology that's increased the internal combustion engine efficiency 3 fold). so dont listen to the thousands of retards who tell you 13Bs are 1.3 litres (similarly 12As are 3.6 litre)

you can't top the RX-8

I'd rather have the RX-8, based mostly on practicality and looks. Overall finish inside the RX-8 was much nicer, last time I looked at the two. That huge strut tower brace in the 350Z's rear hatch is a huge turnoff.

BTW, R&T compared the RX-8 and the G35 Coupe (mechanically very similar to the 350Z). It got 13.8 mpg to the G35's 18.4 mpg, driven over the same roads and in identical conditions with the G35. Their longterm RX-8 was only a little better, 15.9 mpg.

ok if it were me id take the rx8, but it isn't me if i was him i would take something along the lines of the s2000 or the lotus elise (ie a light wieght high perfoming four cyl). as mention before rotaries are great for those who understand them and im presumin the practicallity would be in the light weight 4cyls.

If i was you i would prefer to get a MAZDA RX8 what great achine's they are seriusly i was watching a video on them about the MAZDA RX8 and the NISSAN 350Z and the RX8 ended up better overall they were racing on this race track and the RX8 got a quicker time with FANTASTIC HANDLING and all the NISSAN 350Z is to heavy to big to drive it's fast and bigger than the RX8 but the RX8 is a much reliable car... That's my choice.

Thread Information