Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 92nd Running of the Indianapolis 500

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Don't mean to be a party pooper, but Danica won't win. It would be awesome to see her win, especially since she is considering a move to F1, which might give her more sway with negotiating with a better team, but I have my doubts...
    I think she can win from 5th. It isn't supremely likely, but it is somewhat likely. I'm gonna check the betting odds.

Bet365.com has her at 11-1 odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I think she can win from 5th. It isn't supremely likely, but it is somewhat likely. I'm gonna check the betting odds.

Bet365.com has her at 11-1 odds.
    What were the odds on Franchitti winning last year?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    What were the odds on Franchitti winning last year?
    I dunno I didn't check.

He started from third, so it'd be safe to say his odds were better than Danica's.

The land of the free and home of the whopper!
    Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve87 View Post
    Milka Duno is your 3rd chick
    I consider Milka Hugo Chavez' puppet to promote Venezuelan oil instead of female indycar sensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Don't mean to be a party pooper, but Danica won't win. It would be awesome to see her win, especially since she is considering a move to F1, which might give her more sway with negotiating with a better team, but I have my doubts...

If she can remain focused throughout the race, I can't see why she wouldn't win. She's got the team to win, she just has to be the driver and achieve it.
    I think Danica can lead the race, and maybe get a good top-5 but it would take some strategy (like Motegi) for her to win.
    roflcopter

Rooting for Marco here.....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

The land of the free and home of the whopper!
    Carb day rain-out = ftl.

I was looking forward to the pit crew challenge.
    roflcopter

Indy 500 is always during such a poor season for weather in mid-east US....threat for rain is constant for the race, and since they dont run in the wet on ovals, the winner can be such a lottery...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Well, since I've seen no one else, Scott Dixon won the race and looked to have a car no one could touch. Danica had a NASCAR like moment of stupidity and Marco screwed up TK's chance of winning. Any thoughts from anyone else?

I knew Danica wouldn't win because she always makes stupid mistakes.
    That's why she better shape up if she wants in F1.
    And her attitude issues may be a lot worse than what's been experienced with Alonso...

Kanaan was seething, but his display of anger was nothing compared to Patrick's after she was run into by Ryan Briscoe while trying to leave pit lane late in the race.

A furious Patrick then got out of her car and walked purposefully toward Briscoe's pit for what was shaping up as a confrontation with his crew. She removed her gloves and seemed ready to rumble before track security personnel directed her back to her own pit area.

"I was ready to take it all off, my helmet and everything - because it's hard to talk through the helmet," Patrick said. "It's probably a better idea that I didn't make it all the way down there anyway because, well, as you guys know, I'm a little emotional."

Patrick said she was waiting for Briscoe to come talk to her about the incident. After watching a replay, Briscoe seemed convinced that Patrick had plenty of room to move over and didn't seem willing to offer an apology.
    Not F1 material? I wouldn't say that, but she needs to get her act together a little if she desires a good drive in F1 or to stay in F1 for a while.

I didn't actually watch the Indy, I was busy watching the tape delay Monaco GP.
    Last edited by Zytek_Fan; 05-26-2008 at 01:41 AM.

To be honest, I switched the race and preferred to watch Spielberg's Munich.

Didn't see the incident but she's a girl, maybe she was PMS'ing mirite? I think it may be a smart move to get Danica into F1 for a team owner. Advertising dollars galore for a female driver.

Where's all the serious talk of a move to F1 come from? She won her first race now everyone thinks she's on speed dial for all the F1 teams. Lets see her try a test first, even just an exhibition.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Didn't see the incident but she's a girl, maybe she was PMS'ing mirite? I think it may be a smart move to get Danica into F1 for a team owner. Advertising dollars galore for a female driver.
    I sincerely doubt that F1 needs more exposure.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Well, she could raise interest of the sport in the US where interest is not so high, and she as Rocke said may also raise a lot of sponsorship dollars.

That being said, I say the chance of her scoring an F1 ride is next to zero.

We can doubt it, but the F1 circus is a giant attention whore. Hell, look at the Monaco GP.

EDIT: By advertising dollars, I meant it would go towards the team. Say for example if Super Aguri picked her up prior to the start of this season. I'd bet the added advertising money due to a female being in the sport and arguably America's biggest racing figure at the moment could have kept them afloat.

Thread Information