Thread: Fpv Fg Gt-e

Fpv Fg Gt-e

(from Ford Press Release) Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) has today set a new benchmark in executive styling with the release of the all-new GT E, the pinnacle of the V8 powered GT range.

Powered by the upgraded 5.4-litre Boss V8 engine, the GT E produces a massive 315kW of power at 6500 rpm and 551Nm of torque at 4750 rpm.

The new GT E features the ZF six-speed high-torque automatic transmission with Sequential Sports Shift as standard and boasts a fuel economy figure of 14L/100km.

The GT E receives performance 355 x 32mm cross-drilled and ventilated front rotors with Brembo 6-piston calipers and 330 x 28mm cross-drilled and ventilated rear rotors with Brembo 4-piston caliper as standard.

“The Premium Brake Package delivers FPV a competitive advantage over our direct competitor as they do not offer 6-piston brakes across their range,” Ford Performance Vehicles General Manager Rod Barrett said.

“The GT E is a combination of luxury V8 and executive racer. It’s for those who want the power and sound of a high-performance vehicle without the overt styling and bright colours.”

Executive styling

“The elegant and luxurious styling of the GT E differentiates the vehicle from its GT siblings," Barrett said.

“As opposed to the overtly sporty GT, the GT E is more subtle, with striking chrome accents and a refined lip spoiler replacing the bright colours, hood and side striping and large rear wings found on the other models."
    The upper radiator and lower bumper grille mesh are finished in black chrome, while the front driving lamps are highlighted with a high chrome bezel and complemented by full body coloured bumpers.

The new FPV badge takes centre stage on both the front and rear of the vehicle and the new GT E badge features on the rear and side panels.

The unique 19-inch wheel design was custom matched to the GT E’s premium Brembo brake package and the Alpine Silver alloy finish completes an understated yet stylish exterior package.

The GT E is available in a subtle exterior colour palette of nine colours - Winter White, Silhouette, Lightning Strike, Velvet*, Sensation, Steel, Ego, Seduce and Silk.

Inside the cabin, the GT E features luxury FPV seats in shadow leather with the GT E logo embossed on the headrests. Regency red leather seats are available as a no cost option.

Unique to the GT E, the interior environment is charcoal and receives a dark walnut woodgrain finish on the dashboard as well as the doors.

The interior is packed with features to ensure a premium driving experience, including a sports leather steering wheel with cruise control and audio mounted switches, dual zone temperature control air conditioning, front and rear power windows and memory adjustable pedals with alloy pedal controls.

Sports performance maintains ride comfort

The Boss 315 engine gives the GT E flexibility through the gears, and consequently drivers will notice that from a standing start the vehicle feels lighter and more responsive, and picks up better at a lower rev-range.

The FPV performance independent double wish bone front suspension and performance control independent rear suspension teamed up with the new Sachs mono-shock damper provides the perfect balance between a firm, dynamic sports performance feel and maintaining the ride comfort while cruising.

Safety is standard in the GT E

The GT E is equipped with Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and side curtain airbags, both of which are now standard across the entire FPV range.

In addition, the GT E also features a reverse parking camera and reverse sensing system as standard.

Other safety features include Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), and 4-channel Anti lock Braking System (ABS), driver and passenger airbags and Beltminder technology for both the driver and passenger.

The GT E is protected by a remote alarm and FPV’s ID Datadot identification.

The recommended retail price for the GT E is $76,990^ and will go on sale nationally from June 2nd 2008.

Taken from Serious Wheels 2008 Ford Australia FPV GT E
    Attached Images Attached Images

#2...
    Attached Images Attached Images

i guess this is supposed to eb for the hide-out

i like the front, not particularly but it seems good, it remembers a little of the euro Mondeo. but the rear, of both, is not so interesting.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    i guess this is supposed to eb for the hide-out

i like the front, not particularly but it seems good, it remembers a little of the euro Mondeo. but the rear, of both, is not so interesting.
    But mechanically it's so much more interesting than the Mondeo...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But mechanically it's so much more interesting than the Mondeo...
    actually, i don't know if this is my kind of car, but for sure it's more interesting...

actually, i don't know if this is my kind of car, but for sure it's more interesting...
    Well it's a family car, not a Lotus Elise...

Between the Mondeo and this I personally prefer this.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well it's a family car, not a Lotus Elise...

Between the Mondeo and this I personally prefer this.
    yap.......get this, sell it, and get an Elise

btw, this kind of cars are so different from our european standard, i don't know how to interpret the reviews by Oz's journalists, cause i don't know their "standards", or the reviews by european journalists on these cars which they nearly don't know.

they took one of previous generations to europe and it was considered to be a half-price BMW 5 series with better seats lol
    very positive reviews but colours and some external bits were nitpicks
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    they took one of previous generations to europe and it was considered to be a half-price BMW 5 series with better seats lol
    very positive reviews but colours and some external bits were nitpicks
    i guess you are referring to the Opel Omega. i kinda liked it. very good car, and IIRC it also sold well.

I think clutch is referring to the XR6 they took on a tour across europe and america.

a large number of euro journo's loved it IIRC.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

i guess you are referring to the Opel Omega. i kinda liked it. very good car, and IIRC it also sold well.
    no, a magazine here took a standard first gen falcon XR6T to europe and took it to several major car magazines in Europe (can't remember the names, there was one in france, germany, italy and two in the UK). it was generally praised and likened to a mercedes or BMW for much less.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    no, a magazine here took a standard first gen falcon XR6T to europe and took it to several major car magazines in Europe (can't remember the names, there was one in france, germany, italy and two in the UK). it was generally praised and likened to a mercedes or BMW for much less.
    oh, now i get you. but i never heard about that

oh, now i get you. but i never heard about that
    i don't think the magazines involved actually printed anything about it? I think it was more an exercise to get European opinions on the car from the people who would test it. some suggested softer/stiffer suspension, others suggested some minor exterior changes for that model, but it was pretty much a positive reaction given the cost vs car (the UK mag set up a test between the falcon and an equivalent cost mondeo).

Wheels ran a story about it, the French/German/Italians had a lower opinion of it than the British. There were the usual nitpicks over quality and the not so subtle styling. The main point they didnt like were the brakes. They also took one to the US, where nobody could really pick a thing wrong with it.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Wheels ran a story about it, the French/German/Italians had a lower opinion of it than the British. There were the usual nitpicks over quality and the not so subtle styling. The main point they didnt like were the brakes. They also took one to the US, where nobody could really pick a thing wrong with it.
    Well you know, in Italy most probably they got overtaken by a battered Fiat Seicneto doing a million mph in the autostrada therefore rendering the Flacon useless...

Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information