Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scuderia Bizzarrini p538 Barchetta Prototype

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    So that previous Bizzarrini prototype with the Mecachrome engine is stillborn and will never happen?

That car was pretty nice looking and the engine was the scariest thing I've ever heard. It sounded what I imagine a fifteen foot chainsaw would sound like running on 100 octane fuel.
    Is there audio?

I'm gonna check around the net for pics of this car.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    The very first P538 was fitted with a (Bizzarini designed) Lamborghini V12 engine (the press report obviously choose not to mention that...)
    Bizzarini was an engineer for Lamborghini?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post

Bizzarini was an engineer for Lamborghini?
    When Ferruccio decided to build his own cars he hired Bizzarini (who had just left Ferrari after the major shake-up) to design an engine for him. The first one, in the GTV prototype was a very peaky race engine, subsequently tamed down for use in the 350 GT.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Is there audio?

two pics of the engine bay, one with the original BMW Alpina engine as shown during the Geneva motorshow in 2005, and the second with the Mecachrome engine, as appearing at Villa Erbe in 2006. And I can confirm that its sound absolutely out of this world...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

two pics of the engine bay, one with the original BMW Alpina engine as shown during the Geneva motorshow in 2005, and the second with the Mecachrome engine, as appearing at Villa Erbe in 2006. And I can confirm that its sound absolutely out of this world...
    Was the Mechachrome a detuned race engine? I don't know much about Mechachrome other than they supplied F1 engines.

Was the Mechachrome a detuned race engine? I don't know much about Mechachrome other than they supplied F1 engines.
    2006 Courage C65 Mecachrome - Images, Specifications and Information

When Ferruccio decided to build his own cars he hired Bizzarini (who had just left Ferrari after the major shake-up) to design an engine for him. The first one, in the GTV prototype was a very peaky race engine, subsequently tamed down for use in the 350 GT.
    The 'engine' in the GTV consisted of a pile of bricks to keep the nose of the car down. An engine has only been fitted to the car in recent years.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    The 'engine' in the GTV consisted of a pile of bricks to keep the nose of the car down. An engine has only been fitted to the car in recent years.
    You are right, I should have said :"intended for the GTV"

You are right, I should have said :"intended for the GTV"
    Well the pile of bricks got there in the end...

I like the new prototype anyway, you wouldn't expect less from a production team like that. The front does look a little "overweight" though.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Is there audio?

There's pictures of it on this site. It's quite a nice looking car. I'm not sure where you'd find audio and frankly, I don't want to know. I've been to F1 races, I'd by in GT racing paddocks, I've heard turners rev the hell out of engines, but I've never heard anything like that Bizzarrini GTS engine.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

It looks good, but none of these re-imaginings ever come out as sweetly proportioned as the earlier car they're based on. If anything given the current climate Bizzarini should be looking at a recreation of the 1900 Europa. Mid-priced, exotic, efficient and light... that would be a car of the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Gt1Street View Post
    Apperantly, and not only the name but also the logo.
    however, this one is just a 3D model so we'll see about its future
    not really. the previous name consisted of bizzarrini livorno name, not scuderia bizzarrini. i'm not sure such a thing ever existed
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    not really. the previous name consisted of bizzarrini livorno name, not scuderia bizzarrini. i'm not sure such a thing ever existed
    still, the focus is on the Bizzarrini name...
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Thread Information