Thread: Error: action is not available (Pshop CS3)

Question Error: action is not available (Pshop CS3)

When I want to run a certain action via the File>Automate>Batch menu I keep getting the error 'The command "..." (convert mode in my case) is currently not available'.
    When I run the action on a single image I don't get this message and it works perfectly... What am I doing wrong?

this is the action I've made:

convert to LAB colours
    select lightness channel
    unsharp mask
    select LAB channel
    convert to RGB colours

as in this video: Photoshop CS3 Video Training - Free Video Tutorial | TOTAL TRAINING

Halp
    Last edited by basman007; 06-04-2008 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by basman007 View Post
    When I want to run a certain action via the File>Automate>Batch menu I keep getting the error 'The command "..." (convert mode in my case) is currently not available'.
    When I run the action on a single image I don't get this message and it works perfectly... What am I doing wrong?

this is the action I've made:

convert to LAB colours
    select lightness channel
    unsharp mask
    select LAB channel
    convert to RGB colours

as in this video: Photoshop CS3 Video Training - Free Video Tutorial | TOTAL TRAINING

Halp
    If you're sure the action you've set up works fine on a single image, assuming you recorded/stopped recording and made sure it was saved in your system, you may want to check the settings in the 'batch menu'.

For example, I have an action called 'Enlarge 10%' in my actions menu, so if I go to File > Automate > Batch, I have to go to my 'Default Actions' set under the Set dropdown options toolbar, and then choose 'Enlarge 10%' under the Actions dropdown box. For you, the set and action will probably be different so go to your actions window to see their name and location. After that, you'll want to go to 'Source:' and choose the folder or bridge that it's in by selecting that option and then clicking the 'Choose..' button to select the folder. If you want, you can choose to include all subfolders, and then hit ok.

Thank you for your reply Rockefella

I now know what was wrong. I can tick all the boxes in the batch menu, except for the "Overide Action open commands" box.

Quote Originally Posted by basman007 View Post
    Thank you for your reply Rockefella

I now know what was wrong. I can tick all the boxes in the batch menu, except for the "Overide Action open commands" box.
    So everything works?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    So everything works?
    yup

Thread Information