Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New CTS-V=BEAST!!!!

I'm waiting for it to get an insanely fast Nurburgring track time.

Then I can laugh at both the Cadillac and BMW/Audi/Mercedes/Lexus fanboys when they try to defend their own favorite cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post

Brand image will definitey be the Cadillac's demise in Europe, but this current CTS and CTS-V should pioneer a new era of GM respect in places outside of America. The CTS is a good car, but people have trouble looking past American history to throw away the stereotype. Also, $3000 isn't much when taking into account the MSRP and available options on all cars.
    In Europe, if someone wants a fast, V8 engined GM, they buy a Monaro or a VXR8...

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    In Europe, if someone wants a fast, V8 engined GM, they buy a Monaro or a VXR8...
    Because this was the best option for an American v8 engined car. The CTS and CTS-v probably hold that claim now. I don't want to sound like a fan boy because I'm not, but this car didn't win Motor Trend car of the year for nothing.

Because this was the best option for an American v8 engined car. The CTS and CTS-v probably hold that claim now. I don't want to sound like a fan boy because I'm not, but this car didn't win Motor Trend car of the year for nothing.
    You do make a good point.
    But, Motor Trend ___ of the year isn't anything to brag about for any manufacturer anymore, since they'll just hand out an award if they think a car deserves it. Usually it's something new from a manufacturer, like the Motor Trend Truck of the Year Toyota Tundra...I'm sure the Lexus IS-F will get one too (which is actually a Lexus I'm excited to see/hear)

It's got alot of horsepower.

However it is a bloody cow, if we can bash the GT-R for this, we can bash the CTS-V. Also...it does not look good, honestly. Interesting car though.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    It's got alot of horsepower.

However it is a bloody cow, if we can bash the GT-R for this, we can bash the CTS-V. Also...it does not look good, honestly. Interesting car though.
    The GT-R does bring something to the table, being a affordable "super" car...

How much is the new CTS-V going to cost anyway?

But nobody wants a V8 engined GM car over here

Also, I think since you guys have much better petrol, the CTS-V's gas mileage may increase a couple digits. Our 87 is like you're 95 octane.
    there's no difference in fuel, only the way you measure the octane rating
    they don't make the monaro anymore...but the VXR8 is subjectively better looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    But nobody wants a V8 engined GM car over here
    *can afford to run one, you mean..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

So?

The GT-R is still faster

(waits for flame war)
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    there's no difference in fuel, only the way you measure the octane rating
    Didn't know that. I figured octane ratings were universal.

Didn't know that. I figured octane ratings were universal.
    America always measures things differently. fahrenheit, net hp, anything imperial..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    America always measures things differently. fahrenheit, net hp, anything imperial..
    Hey, we're just being loyal to the Queen... and stiffing her on a gallon of milk.

Actually the octane ratings are different for a good reason. There are two good ways to measure octane. Rather than just settle on one or the other as Europe did, in the US it was decided to combine the two numbers to get an average value. As such the octane numbers are 100% scaleable. Two test samples of fuel may have the same rating using the RON method but not the MON method. As such the two fuel samples would have the same rating in Europe but a different rating in the US.

Octane rating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My only motivations for choosing this over any of its German competitors is that it will likely depreciate to my means quicker, and it comes with a manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    My only motivations for choosing this over any of its German competitors is that it will likely depreciate to my means quicker, and it comes with a manual.
    I need someone to explain something to me.
    I can see a lot of american V8 lovers are also fanatical about manual gearshifting, I'm not understanding the attraction when you have 1) unlimited torque everywhere in the modest rev range 2) meaty, clunky shift quality.
    On a sporty Honda or something where the powercurve has significance I can understand it, I bet an Auto NSX is not quicker around the 'Ring than it's manual equivalent.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Best looking Caddy i have seen....

It's also got GTS rims.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information