Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Porsche Diesel

Porsche Diesel

Porsche has just ordered 15.000 V6 TDi engines from Audi. They will be put into the Cayenne (240 BHP about 500 NM Torque). The model will be put on the market sometime during 2009.
    Probably not a bad decision, taking into account that in Germany 95% of all Q7 sales concerns diesel versions...
    Mr. Wiedeking must have had some sleepless nights regarding this decision, but it is always nice to see common sense prevail over "Prinzipien Reiterei"
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I was thinking about caring and then realised they make the Cayenne.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Ehh.. I supposed the diesel engine would have something to do with a 911...

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Or a boxer for that matter.

I suppose a diesel Cayenne was inevitable though. Any idea if all the current markets will get it alongside the petrol models.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    for this purpose Porsche has approached Subaru.....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

It's been pretty silly for it not to have a diesel available, they can't argue the performance thing when the base model is a V6 that's slower than a (V6) people carrier anyway...

Mr. Wiedeking in the past has been quoted as saying: Diesel engines only exist because of the European subsidies for diesel fuel....and were not for Porsche.

I don't really consider the Cayenne a Porsche anyway, certainly not the V6s.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    for this purpose Porsche has approached Subaru.....
    I hope you're joking. If not this goes right to the top of the list of Stupid Thing Porsche is Spending Money On Instead of Racing.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I hope you're joking. If not this goes right to the top of the list of Stupid Thing Porsche is Spending Money On Instead of Racing.
    I believe Porsche just scored a 1-2 in class at Le Mans, while one of their subsidiaries took the overall win.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    I believe Porsche just scored a 1-2 in class at Le Mans, while one of their subsidiaries took the overall win.
    LOL at "one of their subsidiaries".
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Mr. Wiedeking in the past has been quoted as saying: Diesel engines only exist because of the European subsidies for diesel fuel....and were not for Porsche.
    Myea, when they only made sports cars I'd agree with him. With an SUV in the line-up, and with the leaps and bounds diesel tech has made in the last five years in regards to performance, that comment smacks of appeasing the fanboys more than anything else.

Diesel sports car = fail

Diesel SUV = ...still fail, but less fail than petrol SUV.

[For the purposes of the above anti-SUV trolling, SUV is being used in the most disdainful, mumsey way possible. Actual off-road vehicles that are actually used off road are exempt.]

Porsche has just ordered 15.000 V6 TDi engines from Audi. They will be put into the Cayenne (240 BHP about 500 NM Torque). The model will be put on the market sometime during 2009.
    Probably not a bad decision, taking into account that in Germany 95% of all Q7 sales concerns diesel versions...
    Mr. Wiedeking must have had some sleepless nights regarding this decision, but it is always nice to see common sense prevail over "Prinzipien Reiterei"
    Now you have an excuse. Go and buy it!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

If Henk sees this I screwed but I would seriously consider a twin turbo diesel V8 Cruiser next time around if the fact that it wouldn’t take 10 years to recoup the extra outlay in fuel savings.

Just saying.

Ps I am surprised there isn’t a Cayenne diesel anyway.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Why? It's better that they stick in a diesel flat-6 in a 911 than a V(insert number.)
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information