Thread: California Emissions Standards - do I pass?

California Emissions Standards - do I pass?

So, my partner just moved to California from our home in Kansas. I'm following in September. I'm trying to figure out if his car passes California's more restrictive emissions standards. He's going to have to get it inspected by the end of next month, as that's when his plates expire.

I've searched around on Google and such looking for a site that lists which cars do and do not pass the emissions standards. I've had no luck whatsoever.

Anyone have any ideas?
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

What car is it?

Mitsubishi Pajero sport right Matt?
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

I used to live in california and i had a 95 accord 2.3 litre that didn't pass emissions :^).

in addition to the actual smog test they have a visual inspection so make sure your car is all stock under the hood or they wont test it.

There's probably not a list, just take it to a smog test place and see if they will test it off the record.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

The problem is that some cars didn't leave the factory California emission-compliant. As a result, the Honda Accords sold in, say Kansas, may not have the same emissions (PZEV, IIRC) equipment (profit margins).

So it's hit or miss depending on what it is.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Funny that the country infamous for it's pollution has the strictest environmental laws of the world in a small section of it

it's because california doesn't care about other states, they get all their power from the nearby states while not allowing power stations to be built in their own state. a perfect example of NIMBY.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Funny that the country infamous for it's pollution has the strictest environmental laws of the world in a small section of it
    There are other states that have the same draconian regulations.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

it will pass, if it's turned off during the test
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

we're moving to California as well... luckily, being a military member, i can keep all 3 of my cars registered in Florida and not have to worry about emissions.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Buried deep in the Constitution, aren't all states supposed to respect the laws of other states?

Which is why you can drive in NY with a license from NJ.

yes, but f your car is tagged in CA, it needs to pass CA smog requirements (the toughest in the country). if he moves out there, he is supposed to change his residency, and one of the ways you do that is through changing your licenses and tags.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    yes, but f your car is tagged in CA, it needs to pass CA smog requirements (the toughest in the country). if he moves out there, he is supposed to change his residency, and one of the ways you do that is through changing your licenses and tags.
    Oh yeah. Duh. I forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    So, my partner just moved to California from our home in Kansas. I'm following in September. I'm trying to figure out if his car passes California's more restrictive emissions standards. He's going to have to get it inspected by the end of next month, as that's when his plates expire.

I've searched around on Google and such looking for a site that lists which cars do and do not pass the emissions standards. I've had no luck whatsoever.

Anyone have any ideas?
    my-ol friend matt...now that your going to move to California,maybe we can kiss an make-up......
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Thread Information