Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ALMS: 4 hour Generac 500 at Road America Aug 9

ALMS: 4 hour Generac 500 at Road America Aug 9

31 cars with GT1 Bell Motorsports back for the 4 hour semi-endurance race and several new driver pairings.

The race is on Saturday, August 9th, but Speed will show it on Aug 10, 1PM CDT - Tape Delayed.

:: IMSA - International Motor Sports Association ::

Live timing

IMSA Live Timing

radiolemans.com

AUTO-RACING - SPEEDtv.com - SPEEDtv.com

Yokohama returns to series with PTG after leaving B-K Motorsports at Mid-Ohio.

American Le Mans Series :: World Class

New driver pairings in LMP1:

mid season driver underlined

# 1 Audi R10: Emanuele Pirro now with Marcel Fässler (also for Mosport)

AUTO-RACING - ALMS: Marcel Fassler Joins Pirro in Audi R10 TDI for Next Two Rounds - SPEEDtv.com

# 30 Intersport Lola B06/10 AER: Ryan Lewis and John Faulkner now with Gregor Fisken

Ryan Lewis Racing

FISKENS Fine Historic Automobiles - Londons finest historic and vintage automobile dealership

LMP2:

# 26 AGR Acura ARX-01b: ex-F1 Frank Montagny now with James Rossiter (also for Mosport)

AUTO-RACING - ALMS: Rossiter To Join Montagny in Andretti Green’s Acura - SPEEDtv.com

http://www.fmontagny.com/

GT2:

# 18 Vici Racing 911: Francesco and Nicky Pastorelli now with Marc Basseng (ex Farnbacher Loles Racing driver)

VICI RACING

Die Marc Basseng HomePage

# 21 Panoz Team PTG: Tom Milner Jr. and Tom Sutherland back with Joey Hand and Yokohama (Dunlops from Utah thru Mid-Ohio)

joeyhandracing.com | The Official Website of Joey Hand

PTGRacing.com - Panoz Team PTG - 2008

# 61 Risi F430: Harrison Brix now with 2007 Le Mans Series GT2 champ Rob Bell

Re-directing

Harrison Brix

# 73 Tafel Racing F430: ex-Champ Car Alex Figge and Jim Tafel rejoined by Pierre Ehret

Pierre Ehret Official Website

# 87: Farnbacher Loles 911: Porsche factory drivers Richard Westbrook and Dirk Werner rejoined by Bryce Miller

Bryce Miller - Home
    Last edited by togos452; 08-06-2008 at 08:34 PM. Reason: added Rob Bell's website
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Bell is a sucky team so they will be a non story.

The new RSR engine will likely dominate the F430's...my how that table has turned.

As far as LMP1...this track should favor the Audi's...LMP2's shouldn't be hounding them here.

The LMP2 field will be a lottery which is what makes it so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post

The new RSR engine will likely dominate the F430's...my how that table has turned.

As far as LMP1...this track should favor the Audi's...LMP2's shouldn't be hounding them here.

Keep an eye on the P1 and P2 battles--Audi expects their lowered refueling tanks to hurt them. I'll have a story on it tomorrow.
    Cal Naughton, Jr.: So when you say psychosomatic, you mean like he could start a fire with his thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MPME View Post
    Audi expects their lowered refueling tanks to hurt them.
    what does this say?
    is somebody going to bump his head against a refueling tank? Is there a change in capacity of those tanks? Who are "them", the P2 guys or Audi?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Audi had to reduce their tank capacity from 90 to 81 litres. The long straights at this track will consume a lot of fuel but I think they'll overcome that with speed.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    what does this say?
    is somebody going to bump his head against a refueling tank? Is there a change in capacity of those tanks? Who are "them", the P2 guys or Audi?
    http://www.imsaracing.net/2008/alms/...ms%2008-05.pdf
    Cal Naughton, Jr.: So when you say psychosomatic, you mean like he could start a fire with his thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    what does this say?
    Hard for me to tell the full story today when I've written an article with many insights from Audi that will publish tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by MPME View Post
    Hard for me to tell the full story today when I've written an article with many insights from Audi that will publish tomorrow.
    can you publish it now? I will be on a plane tomorrow....but I would suggest that the flow rate will be lowered due to a lower location of the "autonomous" refueling system..and they can take 4 liters more, another second longer in the pitlane...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

You would think so, but Penske won last year.....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I will be their, anyone else going?
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Bell Motorsports is a brand-new team. They were involved in the GT2 Primetime Viper crash at St. Pete caused by the # 6 Penske Porsche of Patrick Long.

More on # 008 DBR9

AUTO-RACING - ALMS: Pruett's Friday Mid-Ohio Blog - SPEEDtv.com

A Pirelli-shod Ferrari won the GT2 class of the Total 24 Hours of Spa this past weekend.
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Generac 500 at Road America presented by Time Warner Cable

August 6, 2008 news

B-K Motorsports pumped up for home race with # 8 Lola Mazda

Lola B07/46 Mazda with Dunlop tires for the second time

Lowe's Fernandez Racing excited for Road America with # 15 machine

Simon Pagenaud set to return to the scene of Champ Car Atlantic success

with # 66 de Ferran Motorsports Acura ARX-01b with Gil de Ferran

Voices of Road America

14-turn, 4.048-mile circuit

# 71 Tafel Racing Ferrari F430 GTC

Tour de Road America returns again

Tour de Road America benefiting Lance Armstrong Foundation

Ben Devlin and other drivers will take part in the bike race on Firday

The Generac 500 at Road America presented by Time Warner Cable is scheduled for Saturday, August 9 from Elkhart Lake, Wis. The four-hour race will start at 4 p.m. CT with SPEED televising the race starting at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, August 10. XM will air the race from 4 to 8 p.m. ET on Sunday via Sports Nation Channel 144. Live radio coverage will be available from American Le Mans Radio at americanlemans.com, which also will feature IMSA's Live Timing & Scoring.

Bell Motorsports is a brand-new team.
    Yes I know but that doesn't mean the people making up the team are 'new'....they never have been any good.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    You would think so, but Penske won last year.....

Audi's were second and third with the other Penske fourth so it wasn't a romp.

I think with the Audi chassis improvements they can win this time.

I think if they win it will be due to mainly the fuel capacity increase....at 81 liter last season they were just short of stretching a stop many races last year....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information