Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye bye Suzi, welcome Fordie !

I really need to see pictures of your Alto and its engine, and a better description of what parts you used in its suspension and engine. Otherwise i just can't believe you

congrats on the new car though
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Visser View Post
    I really need to see pictures of your Alto and its engine, and a better description of what parts you used in its suspension and engine. Otherwise i just can't believe you
    Are you questioning his engineering ability?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Visser View Post

congrats on the new car though
    Too late now, I forgot to take the pictures under the bonnet. But the ones I had were lost a few months ago in a HDD crash..

For the suspension I had custom-made Koni FSD dampers, with H&R lowering springs(50mm). The combination was bone-hard and a great drive.

The engine was optimized by a different cam shaft, air filter, injection system optimized by fine-tuning the carburator, EGR-system plugged off and a lighter flywheel. Ignition was also optimized. I'm planning to make some mods to the Fiesta as well, but first I'll pay of my debts.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Too late now, I forgot to take the pictures under the bonnet. But the ones I had were lost a few months ago in a HDD crash..

For the suspension I had custom-made Koni FSD dampers, with H&R lowering springs(50mm). The combination was bone-hard and a great drive.

The engine was optimized by a different cam shaft, air filter, injection system optimized by fine-tuning the carburator, EGR-system plugged off and a lighter flywheel. Ignition was also optimized. I'm planning to make some mods to the Fiesta as well, but first I'll pay of my debts.
    So you optimized the injection system by fine-tuning the carb? We just uprated the Turbo on the C5 by fitting a different pully.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    We just uprated the Turbo on the C5 by fitting a different pully.
    Can I never go on holidays while leaving the car at home?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I still can't believe you reached 190 as you claimed with the Alto. 10" wheels would totally fall off the car at that speed, unless you fitted slick tyres on 19" BBS LM's as well? Oh and those 14" Brembo carbon fibre brake discs all around with 6 piston calipers.

It's just impossible to reach that speed with the Alto, either red line limited or drag limited - or potentially both.

So you optimized the injection system by fine-tuning the carb? We just uprated the Turbo on the C5 by fitting a different pully.
    I see your mechanical knowledge is as good as your car driving abilities, you better stick with photography W
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

I choked on a chashew when i saw that(serious)....you should put a warning on threads that contian humor like this you near killed me wouter
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    I choked on a chashew when i saw that(serious)....you should put a warning on threads that contian humor like this you near killed me wouter
    You gotta appreciate all the sarcasm and irony W puts in his jokes, top quality right there
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

You can always fit some sparkplugs for a bigger kaboom or something.

Probably.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Sure, as we know modern hard drives are very prone to fail.

Typically enterprise drives (all enterprise drives, including SCSI, SAS, enterprise SATA and FC) experience between 0.70%-0.78% annual failure rates from the total installed drives.
    SATA = mainstream drives. Isn't it strange the requested information was on a hard drive that failed...
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

What i want to see is pics of the custom made shocks....Id wager theres coil overs available from japan and i cant imagine someone who smokes his profits would be able to afford such an extravigant item.....

Then i want to see his optimised fuel injected carbie and 3rd on my list is wouters c5 with the smaller pulley but only after i see the first 2
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Sure, as we know modern hard drives are very prone to fail.

SATA = mainstream drives. Isn't it strange the requested information was on a hard drive that failed...
    Well for some reason FujitsuSiemens managed to create a laptop that had a HDD failure TWICE in one year. Never ever am i going to be a customer of them again. Also managed to break two motherboards, three fans and 1 DVD-drive in the same time.

Anyway, i never really took a lot of pictures of my previous car. In total maybe 30 or so of which I lost 20..

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    What i want to see is pics of the custom made shocks....Id wager theres coil overs available from japan and i cant imagine someone who smokes his profits would be able to afford such an extravigant item.....
    The shocks were made by my uncle, after work hours. He works for Koni and did his best to find fitting existing models. They were not existing yet and I wanted specifically Koni FSD's. So we took measurements and a little later he did his magic and I drove around on em. I only payed material costs to him and a crate of beer.

Quote Originally Posted by w.
    I should have worded it differently. The carb. was not working well, when i got it. So I took it off and with the help of a befriended mechanic we examined it.
    Het is nogal lastig voor me om het in engels uit te leggen, dus zo maar ff. De vlotternaald was niet goed afgesteld meer en dit is dus gedaan. De hele carb. is goed schoongemaakt en weer gemonteerd. Na wat verder fijnstellen heb ik een iets rijker mengsel gereden waardoor het vermogen wederom iets toenam, ten koste van wat verbruik en emissies. Ook is het bimetaal van de choke vervangen.

Well for some reason FujitsuSiemens managed to create a laptop that had a HDD failure TWICE in one year. Never ever am i going to be a customer of them again. Also managed to break two motherboards, three fans and 1 DVD-drive in the same time.
    How? Just How?

I've been overclocking my components to the maximum (and sometimes beyond maximum) and never had a single failure of anything, and some of my motherboards are 20+ years old! A typical fan will last for 100,000 hours, I can't see how you went through 3... DVD drives are a bit more prone to failure but even there it shouldn't fail if you know how to use it.

You seem to exaggerate everything, and that's why you're not taken seriously. I'm a computer dork, trust me, I know what the hell I'm talking about. If you went through 2 motherboards without trying to do anything potentially dangerous to it (aka overvolting the Northbrige for example) then you should probably stay away from computers.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

56% power increase with your mods?

I have read allot of info about alto tuning the last hour, and thats impossible.

- Airfilter tuning gains no extra bhp, only sound. (only high hp engines can gain from this, and then its even next to nothing, my car will gain 10bhp with an open air set, which is allot, but the car breaths alot more too then your 1.0 engine. 7% is MAX, so for good measure, lets just give you that advantage. So you gained 3.5bhp

- Now Cam wise. A really good Camshaft will give a 10bhp advantage on a 100bhp 8Valve engine, so thats 10 percent. So you gained 5.5bhp

- Fine tuning Carb/Ignition, i have no idea what you've done, but it really can't be a shocking percentage. 10% feels like alot, with standard carb and ignition system. So you gained 5.5bhp

- shutting down the EGR Will most likely only give performance loss only cars from the 70's will benefit performance wise from a closed egr valve. And thats still only 1 percent, i'll just give you that. So you gained 0.5bhp

- Flywheel, that part cant weigh alot in a 1.0 engine, but if its lighter it will give your tuned engine more faster throttle response and thus more power. I give you 2 percent over your totall!

so now you have 54 + 3.5 + 5.5 + 5.5 + 0.5 = 69bhp, plus 2% flywheel = a whoopin 71bhp!

I have been really generous here, so where did you get the other 20bhp from?

- 190kmh, that could only have been achieved on a suicide downhill. I drove a 1.0 turbo for a while and i could barely reach that on the speedometer (5 speed aswell, Charade GTTi, with 101bhp and 130nm..)

- how on earth did you lose 125kg of weight, the interior weighs next to nothing, and a spare tire weighs next to nothing. On top of that, you must have fitted different wheels for the gained power, which will most likely have weighed more. Glasfiber additions to the bumper weigh more, sportsuspension most likely weigh more.

i'm sorry, but your figures just don't add up.
    Last edited by Roy Visser; 09-08-2008 at 03:20 PM.
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

Thread Information