Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferrari Friday: the new California and the legendary Breadvan

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    it's not bad, it's certainly not pretty, but it's not overly bad like the 612
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwpower View Post
    I think its a disappointment, it looks and I cringe saying this, cute. Who the hell wants their new ferrari to be called cute? *shudder*
    I wouldn't go as far as to say "cute." I'd go with "feisty." I'm just really thrilled that Ferrari is going back to making smaller cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    it's not bad, it's certainly not pretty, but it's not overly bad like the 612
    The 20" wheels and the lowered stance of the 2008s and beyond helps A LOT. However, it's still not one of Pinninfarina's best designs, except of course for 612 K.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    The 20" wheels and the lowered stance of the 2008s and beyond helps A LOT. However, it's still not one of Pinninfarina's best designs, except of course for 612 K.
    Possibly the main problem the 612 faces is its predecessor, the 456 GT. It was a Pininfarina masterpiece, and it's certainly hard to live up to such a great car.

Having said that I've come to like it and out of the current Ferrari lineup it'd be my pick.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I wonder why you like the 612 Kappa

As for the California in my opinion it looks terrible in Rosso Corsa, but for some reasons I wouldn't mind owning one in Azzurro California, even if it doesn't exactly qualify as a masculine colour... but still, it looks great on the Cali.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    No it doesn't look like a Maserati.

It looks like a fat cruiser.
    Hi guys!

I also dislike the car. It's less of a Ferrari than a 400i and has much as Dino 208 GT4.

Yes, I'm alive!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    Yes, I'm alive!
    Welcome back, the forums were feeling a little bland... now they're special again!
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

Here at Ultimatecarpage.com it is not 'Casual Friday' today, but 'Ferrari Friday' as we take a renewed look at two remarkable prancing horses. First up is one of the biggest surprises of the recent Paris Motor Show; Ferrari California. It is not that we did not know it was going to be there, but rather we were surprised by just how good it looked in person. Earlier this year, when we highlighted the 250 GT Pinin Farina Cabriolet, we already suggested that Ferrari needed a new luxury drop-top. At first we were a little skeptical if the new California would fit that bill and at Paris we found out it did, despite its steel folding roof. The only point of criticism is the name 'California,' which was originally used for the Spartan and competition derived roadsters. The new California is neither, but a fantastic addition to the Italian manufacturer's range nonetheless.
    By the way I realised you said that the name doesn't fit the car as it was historically given to "spartan and competition derived" roadsters. Well the 250 California Spider was sporty, but the other California (the 365) was a luxurious convertible similar in spirit to the new one.

Ferrari 365 California
    Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    Yes, I'm alive!
    Welcome back!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information