Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need to vent this somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbscout View Post
    yeah, because as an officer you have done a lot of hard manual labor...
    maybe not as much as my guys, but when i would get down next to them and work beside them. just as hard as them, and usually with better results, it added to my cachet.

if you can tell your guys to do something shitty, you can get down beside them and do it yourself.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

ok, I'll give you that one. I've just never had an officer that would do that, lol. That's what the NCO's are for.
    "Life is better because sex is a part of it." - Valerie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    It would be like a ceo having to do secretary work all of the sudden. I manned up and did the bs work 2 yrs ago. Im not complaining about the job so much as timing of it.
    Go read about how Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built the HP company !!
    Willingness to do exactly that and to "open door" at all times is what made the company great. It's a shame that US CEOs saw the lure of $$$$ more than of valuable businesses
    [/quote]and for the record we are not in any way responsible for debt in America, we ONLY build homes for people that have this kind of cash securely in the bank.[/quote]
    How about if you built them at lower cost ? Lower debt, less credit-crunch etc.
    First cut would be the moaning boss's son who swans around and moans every time he's asked to get his hands dirty !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    umm, not all govt workers. on the ship i could work 70+ hours while not underway. significantly more while underway.
    Auto workers get paid per hour for building cars.
    Armed forces surely are paid for FIGHTING.
    So in reality you guys do less than an hour a day on average when deployed ! And only deploy cyclicly every 10 years and do a few tours.
    So probably in reality you "fight" for about a month in your whole career

And you get to cruise around the seas when not fighting ... cost me a fortune to go on a cruise !!!

k you know I'm pulling your chain
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    I think some of you mis-understood what I was saying, and I dont expect most of you to understand

basically, I was at the top right next to the main boss aka my dad

I was in charge of everything and everyone

but before I can take over on my own I needed to learn the jist of framing, but because housing went downhill/timing of our other projects... I havent been able to get this particular job until right now...so while Ive learned everything else from bottom up, Im now back at the bottom for a few weeks

It would be like a ceo having to do secretary work all of the sudden. I manned up and did the bs work 2 yrs ago. Im not complaining about the job so much as timing of it.

and for the record we are not in any way responsible for debt in America, we ONLY build homes for people that have this kind of cash securely in the bank.

Of course it could be worse, couldve happened in july...
    so now you can see how hard can life be and how hard it is for some. you should still think you're fortunate with what you do and in what situation you are
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Auto workers get paid per hour for building cars.
    Armed forces surely are paid for FIGHTING.
    So in reality you guys do less than an hour a day on average when deployed ! And only deploy cyclicly every 10 years and do a few tours.
    So probably in reality you "fight" for about a month in your whole career

And you get to cruise around the seas when not fighting ... cost me a fortune to go on a cruise !!!

k you know I'm pulling your chain
    not sure where to even begin with that one.

talking specifically about the navy here: we typically deploy for 6 months out of every 18. stand watch for about 8 hours a day, work for about another 4-6 per day. not simutaneously. and it's actually very rare that we enter into in a fight of any sort (the benefit of being in the navy).
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information