Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan 370Z (Z34) 2008-2020

Its got the same engine as the G37 It has 330hp, it's the same weight. Should be about $30,000

I was going to buy a 996 GT3 MkI in silver, but now I'm considering this car. I probably have 10 more years to think about it, so no need to rush things
    I'll take mine with the GT-R wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Failing that you could always learn how drive. And double-declutch properly.

What this says to me is: Nissan Z car owners can't drive.
    So do Ferrari/BMW/Porsche/Audi...whathaveyou owners with any automated manual system...

And I'd say most people who drives manual transmission cars don't double-declutch or heel-toe anyway. Its not a required manuver for driving a manual car, and in normal street driving you aren't driving within a inch of the limit to need to that anyhow. Sure it helps saving the syncros and smooth out the shifts, but try telling that to your average car owners what that means....

anyhow, most reviews thus far seems to think its a pretty clever piece of tech, and that includes people who can indeed do proper heel-toe shifts...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    So do Ferrari/BMW/Porsche/Audi...whathaveyou owners with any automated manual system...
    Certainly.
    And I'd say most people who drives manual transmission cars don't double-declutch or heel-toe anyway. Its not a required manuver for driving a manual car, and in normal street driving you aren't driving within a inch of the limit to need to that anyhow. Sure it helps saving the syncros and smooth out the shifts, but try telling that to your average car owners what that means....
    Somewhat, I don't think we are the average car owner...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

the average owners are the people who foots the bill though.....

At any rate, the thing that sold me on that was reading Jim Kenzie's review(a rather respected motor journalist in Canada, winner of Targa Newfoundland a couple of years back in a JCW Cooper S, so not a shabby driver neither), and mentioned how well the system works...
    Last edited by RacingManiac; 01-29-2009 at 03:18 PM.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

the average owners are the people who foots the bill though.....

At any rate, the thing that sold me on that was reading Jim Kenzie's review(a rather respected motor journalist in Canada, winner of Targa Newfoundland a couple of years back in a JCW Cooper S, so not a shabby driver neither), and mentioned how well the system works...
    For a sportscar I thought the bar was a little bit higher...

Even so, I prefer simplicity.
    Visca Catalunya!

For a sportscar I thought the bar was a little bit higher...

Even so, I prefer simplicity.
    i can see the point in this. with this car specifically. the VQ engine in Z guise is very course at low to mid level revs. if you dont rev match while down shifting it is very rough, and can cause the car to jerk rather violently. this woudl make for a much smoother ride when just dawdling around town. and you can turn it off for the track when you will really be heel toeing.

its just a way of making a higher hp car with a manual transmission more livable in day to day driving for the average end user. and don't forget that the more people that like this type car, the more buy it, and the more demand there will be for sportscars. if people have to make major sacrifices to have a car that is marginally faster or more pure, then it won't sell with the volumes that would sustain a mass market car such as this. if you want a car with no bells and whistles, no traction control, light weight, and superlative performance, buy a low volume, purpose built car like a caterham or an atom. don't complain about nissan wanting to sell cars that are 9/10 or 8/10 of what they could have made it, so that they have some possibility of making some money from it.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

I'm not complaining against Nissan particularly. I'm more against a trend that seems to have settled amongst the auto industry in which every new model has to have more gadgets that the previous one.

And the thing is that most of those gadgets aren't needed at all. This is an example, but so are automatic wipers, automatic lights, seats that vibrate or massage you, adaptative cruise control, electric handbrake and the list goes on and on and on.

I'd rather save weight and complexity than have any of this. You say gor for a focused sportscar, but I think here you are confusing complexity and luxury. I don't want complex cars, but I don't want to be uncomfortable either. It seems though that isn't an option anymore.
    Visca Catalunya!

Nissan 370Z Roadster 2009-

At a Glance: 2010 Nissan 370Z Roadster

The all-new 2010 Nissan 370Z Roadster offers everything the new Nissan Z® Coupe does – an unmatched balance of dynamic performance, sculptured styling, innovative technology and exceptional value. And more. As in more classic open-air sports car excitement. More sun, moon and stars. And more refinement than any Z® convertible that has ever come before – including a standard automatic latching power top and Nissan Intelligent Key™, as well as available heating and cooling ventilated net seats, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, satellite radio and advanced Nissan Navigation System. The 2010 370Z Roadster is scheduled to go on sale at Nissan retailers nationwide in late summer 2009.

Based on the current generation 370Z Coupe (introduced in January 2009), the Z® Roadster shares its engine, transmissions, suspension, platform and most major components with the popular and exceptionally well-reviewed Z® Coupe. The list of cutting edge technology includes the standard 332-horsepower 3.7-liter DOHC V6 engine with Variable Valve Event and Lift Control (VVEL), choice of 7-speed automatic transmission or close-ratio 6-speed manual with available SynchroRev Match™ (the world’s first synchronized downshift rev matching manual transmission), refined 4-wheel independent suspension, 4-wheel vented disc brakes (with available Nissan Sport Brakes) and lightweight yet rigid body structure.

The Z® Roadster departs from the Z® Coupe with its exclusive high back net seats, added structural body reinforcements and convertible top. The 370Z Roadster’s roof was designed with an emphasis on three key areas: to provide a sleek silhouette matching the new Z®’s stunning styling with the top up or down, to offer easy single-action open-close operation, and to provide an enjoyable top-down experience with reduced wind turbulence and allclimate driver/passenger comfort. And, true to its sports car heritage, the Z® Roadster’s interior is completely driver-centric, with its three-layer design grouping items by how a driver sees information, operates the
    controls and is held in place – so drivers feel completely connected and engaged whenever and wherever they drive, top up or down.

The new 370Z Roadster is offered in two models: 370Z Roadster and 370Z Touring
    Roadster.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visca Catalunya!

Nissan 370Z Roadster #2
    Visca Catalunya!

It looks very feminine is cabrio guise, and it seems to have gained yet more visual weight.
    The shiny plastics on the dash/center console would be a pain in the ass with the top down. They would be harder to use and see with the sun shining on them, imo.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Nissan 370Z #6
    Visca Catalunya!

Nissan 370Z #7
    Visca Catalunya!

Nissan 370Z #8
    Visca Catalunya!

I'd rather save weight and complexity than have any of this. You say gor for a focused sportscar, but I think here you are confusing complexity and luxury. I don't want complex cars, but I don't want to be uncomfortable either. It seems though that isn't an option anymore.
    We are a rare breed.

Thread Information