Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
If it was not machinery at all that counted, then I think the best driver was Fernando Alonso. The Ferrari (and I am not sure of this) also on average may have been the faster car so if you don't want machinery to be part of it, then how would Hamilton have done in a Ferrari? My rough guess tells me he woulda beaten Massa in equal machinery this year, and I think maybe the only person that coulda beat him woulda been Alonso. Others with potential would be Vettel and Kubica but it is harder to evaluate as they have never had the quality of machinery under them that Lewis, Alonso, Kimi, Massa and Kovalainen have.

Yes... we have to be honest that Lewis is somewhat better than Felipe in some point...

We also shouldn't count out Kimi in the equation, as I've observed, the proble with kimi is that he will only perform when HE WANTS TO. You'll notice that he can set fastest laps at the closing stages of the race...

Fernando has proven he can be better than lewis when they were teammates, and i agree with you on that. Now, the problem with alonso is that he beceame a little jealous with lewis last year (2007). It is because lewis was able to outperform fernando at some point of the season. Fernendo didn't take that so well.

Regarding about Kubica and Vettel, I think they are as good if not better than Lewis, Alonso, Kimi, Massa and Heikki. Kubica and Vettel were able to keep up and even beat the pace of these guys in cars that were not even a match for ferraris and mclarens... I hope vettel soon will have the machinery, same can be said for kubica. They deserve to be world champions.