Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 F1 predictions

Quote Originally Posted by forager View Post
    Take for example, the post right above Mine. I Am 8th. Gen. Canadian. Never heard the word "EH". Not once!!!!
    i'm american. and ive heard it from americans.

its just playing on stereotypes, relax.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Take for example, the post right above Mine. I Am 8th. Gen. Canadian. Never heard the word "EH". Not once!!!!
    We aren't serious. No offense intended.
    Btw, I have been known to say "eh?" on occasion if that makes you feel any better.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I have obviuosly stumbled accross a post That nobody Cares about!

I have obviuosly stumbled accross a post That nobody Cares about!
    what exactly are you going on about?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Anyway, I truly think Massa is starting to really crack it in F1. He improved dramatically, and I think He will get close if not WIN the 2009 f1 world championship. Any Other Predictions???
    Last edited by cmcpokey; 12-17-2008 at 10:08 PM. Reason: offensive content

I didn't detect any anger in forager's post cmc and hellcat (I don't know what to call you because typing f6hellcat13 sucks and short forms are good so f6 or hellcat I suppose shall do.)

It apparently depends where in Canada you are from; it is used most frequently in Manitoba, New Brunswick, and Ontario, and hardly ever in Alberta, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Nova Scotia.

I think he posted before that calling us (kidty & me) "stoopid" for believing the stereotypes.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I think he posted before that calling us (kidty & me) "stoopid" for believing the stereotypes.
    I don't believe the stereotypes at all - I'm commenting on "eh" based on my own experience living here.

The igloos and moose is sheerly comedy and self-depreciation is something that Canadians are known for - wait is this a stereotype? Am i joking? Is the joke a stereotype?

In response to your post Ferrari60, I think and others I believe others I have talked to have said that Massa has had his kick at the can twice now - last year he was leading I think for a long while and this year lost it as well. I don't think he will get another shot this good again frankly - I rate Alonso, Kubica, Raikkonen, Vettel, and Hamilton as being better than Massa.

If some stoopid Canadian says "eh" is that the equivalent of an American "saying' Nuke them until They Glow? Now shall We get back and talk Racing?????

If some stoopid Canadian says "eh" is that the equivalent of an American "saying' Nuke them until They Glow? Now shall We get back and talk Racing?????
    No not at all. Eh is actually used here as I said - I don't hear it a lot but I do hear it and it is true unlike say the aboot thing which is a rarity in Canada.

I don't know that a large percentage of American that would say "Nuke them until They Glow," as you put it. Mind you, a significant proportion of Canadians may well say eh. Maybe you are in one of the provinces/territories where it is uncommon.

I did get back to racing - I mentioned that Massa had two kicks at the can and may not get another.

Nuke the Canadians 'til they glow!

I think that F1 will stay the same-ish except maybe Renault doing better, and other minor things.

I think it's most likely that Ferrari and McLaren remain the top teams but deu to the large changes in the regulations, I think this throws a monkey wrench in the works and I'm not sure if they will be the cream of the crop. I don't think it's likely that either team will be worst than fourth but I honestly thought that before Honda left, Honda, Toyota, Red Bull, Renault, and BMW all had a potential realistic shot at the title along with Ferrari and McLaren - a much smaller chance but a chance. I figured with the money that Honda and Toyota were spending, they could just power into a groove in the new regulations, Renault was resurgent and have Alonso and were winers just a 2 years ago, BMW showed potential race-winning ability and Red Bull a bit more of an outisde shot but with Vettel who is a potential future WDC.

OK, That was Rude. No forgivness requested. So Honda is gone, We might lose another before March! I Do Not Know. Do We , as Fans! Protect.. the Classic race venues. Or? do We support Bernie? He needs $30 mil! Hey, I Ask This! As A Fan. What doe's Monaco pay for an F1 Race? The proverbial Dollar!!! Hey! Monaco gets their Race for nothing!!!!!. And You & I can`t get there! for no amout of Money.

We're americans, we're good at being rude. I actually practice. And for the record, its "nuke em till they glow then shoot em in the dark" and I have said that. But I also say "y'all," so what do you expect?

So do any of you have theories as to why renault won one year then dropped back quite a bit? I was expecting them to be more of a force after that win, but it's not really happening.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Not to bitch and moan or anything, but are we done with the off topic bit?

Thread Information