Thread: Critique Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Critique Thread

Here is the start for the critique thread. The idea here is to submit an image that you want to get some input on. Get some ideas on how others might use photoshop to sharpen a particular area or brush in some detail or apply a specific filter or how to change the original setup. No holds barred, just keep the critiquing civil and useful. Photo submitters should provide as much detail as possible including camera, lens, iso, lighting conditions, elapsed time, ect...

Critiquers can take the image and play with it in photoshop for different effects to illustrate their points.

I learn something every time I pick up my camera. There is so much that I don't know and want to learn. So have at it.

My first submission is of a Ferrari Tour de France. The car sat in near darkness with some lovely yellowing lighting in the background. I setup my tripod, moved all the security cones to the side, and started to play. I finally fell upon a 30 second setup where I then walked around the car out of framed and manually flashed the car about 10 times with my sb800 with a soft box on it. I then took the image into photoshop, made a few raw adjustments but was leerily to attack the yellow lighting in the background. I got rid of the hot spots in the car of the flashes but that's about all I did.

I still think this photo can still be improved. Any suggestions?

The image specs:
    F16
    30 second exposure
    ISO 400
    Fugi S3 pro with 2.8 Nikkor 20mm
    White balance auto

Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information