Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Got my first gun

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    What about holding at gunpoint until the police arrives whoever breaks into your house if you are to use your beloved gun?

Isn't it more sensible than shoot first, ask questions later?
    If that's viable, yes. It may not be an option.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    If that's viable, yes. It may not be an option.
    So "The death rate of people breaking into my house needs to be 100%." isn't true anymore then.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

So "The death rate of people breaking into my house needs to be 100%." isn't true anymore then.
    Or he doesn't think it's that viable.

If you're going to do that it's still keeps a bit of danger as people don't like going to jail and won't just sit around for the cops. Sure there may be a gun pointed at them but who knows how desperate this stranger is. Do they have priors? are they on probation and facing life? if so how reckless will they be?

And what questions would you like to ask? And what would it matter? It's safer to at least wound an intruder than to have tea with them. I personally believe that if every theif/intruder caught a bullet in the arm, they'd think twice about breaking the law. And that's why those cities where the majority of citizens have guns, have some of the lowest crime rates. Wonder why.
    You can call me scott.

I don't know what to say. One part of me wants to say congratulations the other part thinks that buying a gun was a bad choice. There are other ways of protecting your family and home other than a gun. You could have gotten a security system with all that money. Oh also that is one horrifyingly ugly gun.
    UCP FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

As I have said in a previous thread, Americans are the most paranoid people on this planet.

I bought that particular one because of i think its a great looking gun and because of Irael Military Industries' reputation for making a top notch gun.

I dont believe in the carrying guns on campus idea, I'm in college and wont be walking around campus strapped, partially because of my school's no gun policy and because I trust my classmates much more than random guys on the street, I you can get into a top notch university your too smart to try to hurt people.

If you believe in strict gun control thats fine but where I live plenty of criminals have guns and Im not about to put myself in danger on a principle like that.

Look at Sean Taylor, he was one of the top Free Safeties in the NFL, he was killed trying to protect his family from intruders. He was not allowed to have a gun and died protecting his girlfriend and baby daughter with a machete, he literally brought a knife to a gun fight, and lost his life as a result.

T.I. - Ready for Whatever- "Look at folks like Sean Taylor, you know what they say? If he had had a strap, he'd have lived today."

RIP Sean
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

There's a delightful irony in the US that I don't quite get. And probably never will.

You buy guns to protect yourself... from other people with guns. So... erm... if nobody had guns in the first place you wouldn't need one...

That makes too much sense perhaps.

The last time I was attacked in Canada it was by a random dude with a butter knife. Right, it doesn't cut, nor even hurt if you stab me with it. "Sorry pal, that $5 you want me to give you was intended for double cheeseburgers, and will remain so. kthxbai."

But I don't want to nitpick. I can understand buying guns if you're passionate about them, and collect them or something. So erm... congrats I guess. Desert Eagles are mad cool from a gun enthusiast point-of-view.
    That dude was a pussy. I can kill you with a butter knife.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Yeah, and people are advocating for people to carry concealed weapons in colleges!

I know this isn't a debate thread or anything, but it makes no sense. It would cause so much confusion for the police if every kid in the classroom had guns pointed at each other and they're unsure who is the original shooter.
    Let me put it this way. If I was a student at VT on April 16th 2007 carrying a concealed handgun Seung-Hui Cho wouldn't have killed 32 students.

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    Well I for one hope Mr Obama would ban guns and established hugely efficient internal controls so my country wouldn´t be flooded with assault weaponry that goes straight to the drug cartels, courtesy of your friendly neighbourhood Border Patrol; just because their media makes the American people so paranoid they actually think they need a gun. Incidentally, drug trafficking is the only reason the USSR went bust before the US - they didn´t have minorities to flood with drugs and de facto colonies for production.
    Sounds like you need to become employed by the drug cartel. If not start picking my lettuce and get your facts straight.

None taken.

But that's not my viewpoint. I never said "stop". I'm rather thinking "reduce". Take a look at your friendly neighbours in the North. The firearm death rate in the US is 10.0, while in Canada it's 4.78. It's still high here, but more than half of your death rate anyway. Why? Because our media don't make us believe we need a gun to protect our families from gangsters/burglars/maniacs who want to raid our houses during the night. The god damned patriotic attitude attitude in the US doesn't help too.
    No its because we have Baltimore, Washington D.C. and Detroit.

What about holding at gunpoint until the police arrives whoever breaks into your house if you are to use your beloved gun?

No. Whoever breaks into my house is getting one in the forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by rallyswift75 View Post
    I don't know what to say. One part of me wants to say congratulations the other part thinks that buying a gun was a bad choice. There are other ways of protecting your family and home other than a gun. You could have gotten a security system with all that money. Oh also that is one horrifyingly ugly gun.
    Best security system money can buy:

I suggest having two.
    Last edited by baddabang; 11-18-2008 at 05:40 PM.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    I like things that are loud and scary. Some day I'd like to own a couple pieces. I don't hunt, I don't plan on starting. But to go to a range and empty a few magazines sounds like a good way to spend an afternoon. But I do understand the home protection angle. There are some not so friendly people in this world.
    It's fun in so many ways, not last of which is all the friendly people that will let you shoot theirs. Bring one, share and shoot a bunch. It's an awesome way to spend an afternoon with friends/family, or just to punch holes in something in a loud way after a bad day. I personally love the feeling of a rifle slamming into my shoulder, it's like a massage with attitude.

I have actually converted quite a few anti-gun people by treating them to an afternoon at the range. One has a son who just competed in his first state 3-position small bore match and did pretty well.

Never pull a gun if you're not willing to actually use it. Lots of people have been stabbed/shot while holding a gun because they pulled it and then wouldn't use it. If you think you're just going to wave it and the world will be a better place, don't.

Edit: baddabang, you have some epic views, my opinion of new york just went up.
    Last edited by wwgkd; 11-18-2008 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post

Sounds like you need to become employed by the drug cartel. If not start picking my lettuce and get your facts straight.
    wat

Google is your friend.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    wat

Google is your friend.
    I don't know about down there. But on the Canadian end drugs pay quite well.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

To the original poster,

How much experience do you have with guns?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

i've been shooting guns since i was 12, i've been hunting lots with my uncle and I agree with Bada, going to the range is way better than therapy lol. Im not some kid who wants to play grand theft auto for real haha. I'm taking advantage of my 2nd amendment rights and taking responsibility for my own safety.
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

I don't think Obama can "outlaw" guns for the entire U.S.; That's a State/Senate thing.
    In other words, Obama can only propose the bill, but ultimately it is up to the Congress to vote for or against it. So if that were the case, where we would have guns banned, you can blame Obama but even more of the credit would go to the State reps, Congress, whatever...

Everyone who wanted a gun probably owns one and if you can't afford it then you probably don't need it. If a gun ban comes out (I'm assuming only on assault rifles) I don't see it as a big deal. If the price of ammo goes up, well.. it's not like you need 1,400 bullets for self protection. A hobby is a hobby and if you enjoy shooting at the range then either cut back or fork it up.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Best security system money can buy:
    I'd like to see the numbers on how many pit bull owners' dogs turn on them vs how many people accidently shoot themselves per capita

here's the much better choice
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Thread Information