Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Got my first gun

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    I'd like to see the numbers on how many pit bull owners' dogs turn on them vs how many people accidently shoot themselves per capita

here's the much better choice
    thats a staffordshire terrier. not a pit. just so you know.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Calling it a "baby desert eagle" is doing that pistol a disservice, Jericho 941 is a proper, usable, handgun. As opposed to a Desert Eagle which is hardly a practical weapon....

about the whole pro/anti gun business. An illegal firearm is illegal whether the country has law allowing gun ownership or not. Outlawing guns will not make "illegal guns" disappear. Thats the same attitude Toronto's idiot mayer has to outlaw gun ranges in the city because that's clearly where all the gangsters who shoot up the street gathers planned their crime.....Since knife stabbing crime seems to be prevalent in UK and Japan, should they be banning usage of knives too?
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    thats a staffordshire terrier. not a pit. just so you know.
    yeah after looking at the picture a little closer i thought that might be the case. however, my question still stands with both breeds because they both have similar issues
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    yeah after looking at the picture a little closer i thought that might be the case. however, my question still stands with both breeds because they both have similar issues
    It all depends on how you raise/train them. Mine will be playful with my friends 1 year old son even when he pokes her and yanks on her ears.

Just don't go knocking on my door. She won't bark or bite but the growls alone will deter even the UPS guy.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Calling it a "baby desert eagle" is doing that pistol a disservice, Jericho 941 is a proper, usable, handgun. As opposed to a Desert Eagle which is hardly a practical weapon....

about the whole pro/anti gun business. An illegal firearm is illegal whether the country has law allowing gun ownership or not. Outlawing guns will not make "illegal guns" disappear. Thats the same attitude Toronto's idiot mayer has to outlaw gun ranges in the city because that's clearly where all the gangsters who shoot up the street gathers planned their crime.....Since knife stabbing crime seems to be prevalent in UK and Japan, should they be banning usage of knives too?
    Why stop at knives, guy over here was strangled with an extension cord. And I think the number of gun related deaths posted earlier from wiki is kind of misleading the way people are quoting it. Yes, it is a 10, way higher than other nations, but over 7 of those are suicides, hardly violent crime.

Sweet dog baddabang, everyone's afraid of my rotty, but he's a teddy bear to friends. People train their dogs to be psychotic, even feed them gunpowder to make them meaner, and the whole breed gets a bad reputation.
    Last edited by wwgkd; 11-18-2008 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post

Let me put it this way. If I was a student at VT on April 16th 2007 carrying a concealed handgun Seung-Hui Cho wouldn't have killed 32 students.
    The issue with that is that the police might thing you're the shooter. VT was a breakdown of the system. I am no security expert, but I highly doubt it would have gone down that way if the police were competent. What would stop them from shooting you down? Unless you are an identified police officer, they wouldn't hesitate at shooting you.

I just have a 12 gauge for hunting and a .22 for target shooting, and I don't have nor plan to acquire any sort of hand gun for personal protection. The chance that I would need to use it is so ridiculously slim, that honestly, it's not worth the money.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    The issue with that is that the police might thing you're the shooter. VT was a breakdown of the system. I am no security expert, but I highly doubt it would have gone down that way if the police were competent. What would stop them from shooting you down? Unless you are an identified police officer, they wouldn't hesitate at shooting you.
    Where I lived it took me 8 min to get to the police and on 3 occasions when the police where called to my house or my neighbor it took them over 30 min. Ambulances didn't have much better of a record. The police shooting you is really only an issue if the shooting is still in progress, other wise you put the gun down.

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Why stop at knives, guy over here was strangled with an extension cord. And I think the number of gun related deaths posted earlier from wiki is kind of misleading the way people are quoting it. Yes, it is a 10, way higher than other nations, but over 7 of those are suicides, hardly violent crime.

Sweet dog baddabang, everyone's afraid of my rotty, but he's a teddy bear to friends. People train their dogs to be psychotic, even feed them gunpowder to make them meaner, and the whole breed gets a bad reputation.
    Don't forget pyscho courthouse shooter

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    I just have a 12 gauge for hunting and a .22 for target shooting, and I don't have nor plan to acquire any sort of hand gun for personal protection. The chance that I would need to use it is so ridiculously slim, that honestly, it's not worth the money.
    I agree. Rifles and the like are alright, but I think the concealability of handguns is too dangerous to overlook.
    EDIT: Congrats?
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 11-18-2008 at 10:36 PM.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Where I lived it took me 8 min to get to the police and on 3 occasions when the police where called to my house or my neighbor it took them over 30 min. Ambulances didn't have much better of a record. The police shooting you is really only an issue if the shooting is still in progress, other wise you put the gun down.
    I'm guessing you live in a more rural area? Baddabang and I were talking about a college setting. I guess in a rural area, a gun is handy, but I still don't see the need in it. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I'm guessing you live in a more rural area? Baddabang and I were talking about a college setting. I guess in a rural area, a gun is handy, but I still don't see the need in it. Just my opinion.
    True, I did live in the middle of nowhere, but it was the time differential I was trying to point out. Police are great, I've been friends with quite a few, but they can't be everywhere which is why almost every cop I've ever met supported the 2nd ammendment. And members of my immediate family have used firearms twice in selfdefense, so it may not have been strictly necessary to have one, but then again neither is my continued life when it comes right down to it.

Edit: and I'm not really trying to support the concealed carry on campus one way or the other here, just point out arguments. It's a difficult/complex subject.
    Last edited by wwgkd; 11-18-2008 at 09:28 PM.

True, I did live in the middle of nowhere, but it was the time differential I was trying to point out. Police are great, I've been friends with quite a few, but they can't be everywhere which is why almost every cop I've ever met supported the 2nd ammendment. And members of my immediate family have used firearms twice in selfdefense, so it may not have been strictly necessary to have one, but then again neither is my continued life when it comes right down to it.

Edit: and I'm not really trying to support the concealed carry on campus one way or the other here, just point out arguments. It's a difficult/complex subject.
    I understand about the time difference between calling and the police actually coming. A lot could happen in the time it takes for them to come, and it could mean a difference between a life saved or a death that could have been avoided.

Yeah, it is definitely a complicated subject. I never intended to spark another debate, the poster of the original thread was only telling us about his new purchase. But I couldn't help but post about the debate about having concealed weapons on college campuses. It was a good discussion that we had here.

didn't bother reading the rhetoric/retardation in thread but;
    Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I agree. Rifles and the like are alright, but I think the concealability of handguns is too dangerous to overlook.
    qft. i'll not have to use a handgun outside a range until i've graduated, useless for anything really.
    and congrats on the jericho
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

yeah thanks to everyone for the congratulations, I know its really called the Jericho 941 and I probably should call it that but Baby Deagle is more recognizable and sounds sweet lol
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

Thread Information