Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Honda set to quit F1

Please Leon, It's on the net somewhere, Honda will finance the Team until March, they will not supply Engines, OK. Brawn said he almost had a final design. It's Jan. They have NO engine! ok please work with Me, I'm asking nice nice ok New Engine- complete back half of the Car. Cooling Ducts, Ancilliary installations! WHY? do You think They call it the Pinnacle of Motorsports? If it was easy, Honda & Toyota Would have WON already. I'm sorry. It looks more, each day, Honda closes Their Door. I, Really, Truelly, hope I'm WRONG

Zytek, Honda will return, It's in their Blood. Do You remember the Hondas' of the early sixties, the 6 cyls, that screamed at 18,000 + Rpm? That was the 350, the 250 did 19+ The 125/somewhere in the Neighbourhood of 22,000. Hey Remember Honda, Did they not give us the Elsonor 125/250? They will be back!
    Last edited by cmcpokey; 12-30-2008 at 05:50 PM. Reason: please reply in only one post

Quote Originally Posted by forager View Post
    Please Leon, It's on the net somewhere, Honda will finance the Team until March, they will not supply Engines, OK. Brawn said he almost had a final design. It's Jan. They have NO engine! ok please work with Me, I'm asking nice nice ok New Engine- complete back half of the Car. Cooling Ducts, Ancilliary installations! WHY? do You think They call it the Pinnacle of Motorsports? If it was easy, Honda & Toyota Would have WON already. I'm sorry. It looks more, each day, Honda closes Their Door. I, Really, Truelly, hope I'm WRONG

Zytek, Honda will return, It's in their Blood. Do You remember the Hondas' of the early sixties, the 6 cyls, that screamed at 18,000 + Rpm? That was the 350, the 250 did 19+ The 125/somewhere in the Neighbourhood of 22,000. Hey Remember Honda, Did they not give us the Elsonor 125/250? They will be back!
    I am experiencing an hard time standing you.

it's on the internet somewhere...fine, on the internet might be written, somewhere, that world is ending soon in a huge reversed big-bang.
    credit your sources.

and just the average folks still call it the pinnacle of motorsports.
    I saw more improvements, changes, innovations, in GT, LM or even WTCC.

perhaps you have some insider's views, news, technical knowledge we don't have, but it would be nice to share those, you know, just to seem a little more credible.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Latest rumour on the net, an annoucement to be made early next week. this is not coming from a newspaper. no other details.don't Ya just luv it?

Several usually dependable sources are reporting that the proposed management buy-out by Ross Brawn and Nick Fry has been given the green light by the Honda top brass. A deal appears to be close, if not already signed. 'Honda' (or whatever the new team will now be called) will be off for some testing in Jerez in the coming days and weeks, with Jenson Button at the wheel. There is no news regarding the team's second driver, although it would seem to be a two horse race between Brazilians Rubens Barrichello and Bruno Senna.

Good news for the sport, not to mention the 700 strong workforce in Brackley, if the Honda team has indeed been rescued from the brink.

Exclusive: Honda saved from the Formula One scrapheap - Times Online
    F1 News > Honda management buyout to go ahead
    pitpass - the latest, hottest F1, GP2, GP2 Asia & A1GP news
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

I don't get it, they drop the program then reboot it?

I've heard here and there that Nick Fry is out and it will be Brawn's operation and will be named Brackley F1. I think that Ross shoulda stuck with Ferrari as by now he'd probably be Team Principle of the best team in the paddock but I suppose Honda lured him with money and no one foresaw this.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I don't get it, they drop the program then reboot it?
    afaik, and afai-understood, they will give them the money just for the frist four races or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I've heard here and there that Nick Fry is out and it will be Brawn's operation and will be named Brackley F1. I think that Ross shoulda stuck with Ferrari as by now he'd probably be Team Principle of the best team in the paddock but I suppose Honda lured him with money and no one foresaw this.
    I thought it was Luca that pushed for his furlough and then didn't ask him back. I got the impression that no one wanted him around except Schumacher, and once he was no longer a driver, there was no one championing him.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    I thought it was Luca that pushed for his furlough and then didn't ask him back. I got the impression that no one wanted him around except Schumacher, and once he was no longer a driver, there was no one championing him.
    I didn't know that, I figured he was great as he is renowned for being such a wizard; I wonder why they wanted rid of him.

personality conflict i imagine
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I didn't know that, I figured he was great as he is renowned for being such a wizard; I wonder why they wanted rid of him.
    I thought he wanted to quit too, besides I suspect they also wanted to show a more Italian image on the whole team.

Thread Information