Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Top Five non 12 Cylinder Ferraris

Yeah I guess the 456 as it's not flashy.

I like Testarossas actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    And then there's the whole Testarossa line.

Which should be avoided at all costs.
    By you. I had a RC one when I was like 1 or 2 and I have loved them ever since.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

why are we discussing 12 cylinder Ferraris?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

The California is the ultimate posermobile. For that alones deserves to die.
    Once you see it in person I think you'll start to like it. If you get a chance follow LeonoftheDead's suggestion:

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I still didn't get if the California's look works or not. I need to stay alone with it in a room for some good 30 minutes, at the very minimum
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    I don't expect much great aesthetics from ferraris either... They are just there to go fast... Not win beauty contest... In ferraris, all i'm concerned of is performance... I admit that the F50, FXX, and the Enzo are not great looking cars, but I think you'll change your mind when they hit the track...
    Please go look up the 250GT Cabriolet Series I and tell me you still think that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Ferrer, what Ferraris don't make you look like a cock?

I think you'd have to drive a pre-1980s one, even then though, I think the image of the wealthy is that of the prick.
    I'd say any Ferrari that's not 'look at me red' or 'my Daddy didn't hug me enough yellow.'

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    exactly. although like leon, i think sometimes there's something oddly compelling about the 512TR. but i dunno if this feeling would continue if i had to drive one in daylight in public.
    You're right, there's something oddly compelling about the 512TR that the Tessarossa and F512M didn't have. I even like it in (gulp) 'my Daddy didn't hug me enough yellow.'

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    why are we discussing 12 cylinder Ferraris?
    My plan worked like a charm!
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Nic, I am not sure I could have a non-Rosso Corsa Ferrari though - as tacky as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Nic, I am not sure I could have a non-Rosso Corsa Ferrari though - as tacky as they are.
    Not me dude. I don't think I've ever seen a red Ferrari that I didn't think would look better in another colour. For race cars that's usually French Racing Blue or yellow and for road cars dark blue or grey.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

I think they are nice in Yellow and Grey yes, but I am not super keen on dark blue or French Racing Blue for them.

White surprisingly can be good... I recall seeing a 410 Superamerica on this site I think that was pretty nice in white.

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Once you see it in person I think you'll start to like it. If you get a chance follow LeonoftheDead's suggestion:
    The problem aren't the aesthetics (even if it's not Pininfarina's best effort). Or the perfomance. Or the handling.

The problem is what signifies. It's Ferrari's Cayenne. It's a car which signals that Ferrari has finally sold its sould to the devil and is following Porsche's philosophy: making money is more important than making cars.

I hate it for that.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'd say any Ferrari that's not 'look at me red' or 'my Daddy didn't hug me enough yellow.'
    Not me dude. I don't think I've ever seen a red Ferrari that I didn't think would look better in another colour. For race cars that's usually French Racing Blue or yellow and for road cars dark blue or grey.
    completely agree there. black, those nice shades of blue, and silver all look better 95% of the time - it's kind of ironic that the colour ferrari's are known for is the colour they look worst in (next to that yellow..)

The problem aren't the aesthetics (even if it's not Pininfarina's best effort). Or the perfomance. Or the handling.

The problem is what signifies. It's Ferrari's Cayenne. It's a car which signals that Ferrari has finally sold its sould to the devil and is following Porsche's philosophy: making money is more important than making cars.

I hate it for that.
    wow, it wieghs more than a 575. i thought it was to be a smaller lighter cruiser.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I hate it for that.
    Gift me a Cayenne, I would sell it.

Gift me a California, and I would get rid of the opening roof, and fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    wow, it wieghs more than a 575. i thought it was to be a smaller lighter cruiser.
    welcome in the third millennium
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Gift me a Cayenne, I would sell it.

Gift me a California, and I would get rid of the opening roof, and fix it.
    I'd sell both and get a DB9.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'd sell both and get a DB9.
    DBS kthnkbai

DBS kthnkbai
    Nope. Too showy for me.

I prefer the elegance and subtelty of the DB9.
    Visca Catalunya!

Nope. Too showy for me.

I prefer the elegance and subtelty of the DB9.
    And then you'd sell your DB9 for a low milage DB7?

Once again my friend I respectfully disagree with you: I'm not much of an Aston Martin fan, but I saw the DBS in person a couple months ago and absolutely fell in love.

Also, in my head I'm preparing an essay in defending the Ferrari California. Be prepared.

And then you'd sell your DB9 for a low milage DB7?

Once again my friend I respectfully disagree with you: I'm not much of an Aston Martin fan, but I saw the DBS in person a couple months ago and absolutely fell in love.

Also, in my head I'm preparing an essay in defending the Ferrari California. Be prepared.
    I agree about the DBS' sightings
    At first, you could even think it's just a DB9 (well, not one of us, but the average Joe yes), then when you are closer, you understand what car beauty is about.

Thread Information