Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "We´re the Big Three. We don´t need to compete."

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    it's not little, it is midsized, and that's where ways already separate between the USA and Europe. (I have just been to Rome for a couple of days, and there a Focus is almost big....)
    Big for you guys is little for us.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Yea, when we want to drive something smaller than that over here........we hop into a go-cart.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

I wonder, is the Toyota Tundra available elsewhere?
    They thought about selling some of their larger models in the Middle Eastern countries a few months or so ago.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Well apparently they will need to compete...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

not in Rome. it's one of the few cities that make the Smart a sensed car.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well apparently they will need to compete...
    YouTube - Slevin - ****ed!
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    not in Rome. it's one of the few cities that make the Smart a sensed car.

YouTube - Slevin - ****ed!
    Yes, but we have a lot more open space which makes a smart annoying as hell. Especially when you're stuck behind one and the nuttard driving it can't go anywhere near the speedlimit (happened to me this morning on the way back from the store.)
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

I saw a guy in a smart yesterday zipping along at like 130 in the fastlane and undertaking.

That is some vast power.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I saw a guy in a smart yesterday zipping along at like 130 in the fastlane and undertaking.

That is some vast power.
    IIRC Current Smarts can do up to 150km/h, which is more than enough in the US.
    Visca Catalunya!

Not on uphills. Then they putt along at about 40mph in a 60 zone.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

You say that as though it's not enough for everywhere.

It does take almost 17 seconds to get to 100 though and you know, I am not sure that that is enough power in certain merging situations on on-ramps to eb safe.

Keep in mind I don't have a problem with smart cars like many seem to do due to their small size and low power, I have rode in one and it was kinda fun. My problem with this car is it's cost. Checking, it's lower than I thought but still 15k - you can get a City Golf for 16k, and a Hyundai Accent for 10k and either of those would have far more space and be more practical in all likelihood. It's a city car but without a city car price. If it cost say 7k, it''d be exceptional and would probably fly off the lots.

But it's more than double that.

It does take almost 17 seconds to get to 100 though and you know, I am not sure that that is enough power in certain merging situations on on-ramps to eb safe.

Keep in mind I don't have a problem with smart cars like many seem to do due to their small size and low power, I have rode in one and it was kinda fun. My problem with this car is it's cost. Checking, it's lower than I thought but still 15k - you can get a City Golf for 16k, and a Hyundai Accent for 10k and either of those would have far more space and be more practical in all likelihood. It's a city car but without a city car price. If it cost say 7k, it''d be exceptional and would probably fly off the lots.

I personally think that the Smart is an overpriced toy, but well nevermind.
    Visca Catalunya!

That's a very good point. And according to a guy I know with one (one of two in the area, it's the other one I was following) they require premium gas, which seems pretty annoying in an economy car. Plus the fact that if you drive them like a normal car you only get 32mpg! C&D got that number and it was verified by the guy I know who usually gets near there.
    Big cities suck

old ones was capable of a limited top speed of 135 km/h. fair enough since Italy has the higher speed limit and it's 130 km/h (not going to talk about autobahn)
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    old ones was capable of a limited top speed of 135 km/h. fair enough since Italy has the higher speed limit and it's 130 km/h (not going to talk about autobahn)
    Italy may have a 130km/h speed limit, but I don't think driving a Smart on the autostrada is really a sensible idea.
    Visca Catalunya!

Italy may have a 130km/h speed limit, but I don't think driving a Smart on the autostrada is really a sensible idea.
    We have speedlimits close to that and I've been passed by semis doing higher. I'm not one of those guys afraid to drive a small car because I think it's horribly unsafe, but I'd at least like to be able to get out of the way.
    Big cities suck

Thread Information