Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
cause it costs more to produce plus, for drag racing its better...for everything else in life its worse. Maybe ford saw the complaints people had about the GTO's IRS and decided against it? who knows.
Yeah, the cost is why I din't mind it too much when it came out in 05 with live axle for $25,000. But once you start getting into the more expensive models, I don't see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
Is the sole negative quality of IRS heavier weight or what?

wwgkd you should feel lucky to even be considering buying one or the other.
Well, with a solid axle it's a lot easier to swap out the axle and other operations while you're at the dragstrip. There's arguable benefits to keeping the tires on the asphault, but I've never really been convinced of that.

Well, I'm not going to be getting a new car until I get out of college and get a real job, and even then I'm more likely to get another Jeep (which will probably end up costing more than the mustang GT by the time I'm through.) But it's still fun to dream. If my own Jeep wasn't over 230,000 miles a mustang to go along with it would be more likely, but I'd really prefer to wait until I'm older and more established to get my Lotus Elise as a daily driver (believe it or not they're more comfortable than my current ride.)