Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Honda/Acura NSX Replacement Canceled

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    So wait, you don't claim anything about cars you've never driven then?! What about oh I dunno, all the cars you comment on (that you've not driven)?
    I try to not comment on driving sensations or objective facts of cars that I haven't driven.

The thing is, saying "The thing uses a really putsy V6 with a putsy 200 and something odd horsepower." strikes me as a very ignorant comment. And missing the point of the car quite badly.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The thing is, saying "The thing uses a really putsy V6 with a putsy 200 and something odd horsepower." strikes me as a very ignorant comment. And missing the point of the car quite badly.
    Yeah but to each their own. Maybe cargirl doesn't like the V6 due to peakiness and wants some torque - or maybe it's all about numbers. I dunno, it's an abrasive comment to car fans to hear as the NSX is well regarded but people almost seem to take have taken it personally - a dislike of the poster too methinks?

I think we need to settle down and give cargirl a second chance - cargirl is clearly young and can learn a lot more about cars and things like that form this site. That is my main point I think - people around UCP are pretty cruel to outsiders that make bold claims and personally attack them almost. I think this is poor form. I was gonna send par tof this as a private message but I hope everyone reads it and thinks twice before jumping on this poster again.

Yeah but to each their own. Maybe cargirl doesn't like the V6 due to peakiness and wants some torque - or maybe it's all about numbers. I dunno, it's an abrasive comment to car fans to hear as the NSX is well regarded but people almost seem to take have taken it personally - a dislike of the poster too methinks?

I think we need to settle down and give cargirl a second chance - cargirl is clearly young and can learn a lot more about cars and things like that form this site. That is my main point I think - people around UCP are pretty cruel to outsiders that make bold claims and personally attack them almost. I think this is poor form. I was gonna send par tof this as a private message but I hope everyone reads it and thinks twice before jumping on this poster again.
    She is supposedly a year older than I am, as old as Fiset, 41 years younger than henk (etc... etc...) Plenty old enough. IIRC, that's when Quiggs started using the "big boy" toilet.
    She seems to have such a trollishly one-sided view of such a large portion of the automotive world, that it is really hard to feel empathy for her.
    She also seems unwilling to actually learn anything, and just wishes to spread her annoying message across these boards. If she merely didn't like Honda, for whatever reason, and wasn't so aggressive about it (differn't strokes for differ'nt folks, as you say) she would have received no more than the customary new-member hazing if you can even call it that.
    She did not ingratiate herself to many members of UCP with her first-days post bonanza with her combination of annoying threads, raising the dead, and generally annoying (read: posts in all caps) behavior.
    She is made of tougher stuff than some new members, (macfly, or whatever his name was, comes to mind) and possibly if she is willing to budge maybe we will be, but if she just continues making multiple posts that say the exact same thing, I see no need to be nice to her. Civil perhaps, but this is the internet, so probably not that either.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Not completely true though. I think UCP is quite warm when it comes to new members, as opposed to some other forums. I never thought to have been tagged as a n0o0ob when I was new here, neither other good entrances like F6BLABLABLA (), LTSmash and other fellows which never acted as cargirl.

Even Bleeding Heart had a better attitude, and even before of changing identity (I still suspect he reincarnated in Black Editon).

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    She is supposedly a year older than I am, as old as Fiset, 41 years younger than henk (etc... etc...) Plenty old enough. IIRC, that's when Quiggs started using the "big boy" toilet.
    She seems to have such a trollishly one-sided view of such a large portion of the automotive world, that it is really hard to feel empathy for her.
    She also seems unwilling to actually learn anything, and just wishes to spread her annoying message across these boards. If she merely didn't like Honda, for whatever reason, and wasn't so aggressive about it (differn't strokes for differ'nt folks, as you say) she would have received no more than the customary new-member hazing if you can even call it that.
    She did not ingratiate herself to many members of UCP with her first-days post bonanza with her combination of annoying threads, raising the dead, and generally annoying (read: posts in all caps) behavior.
    She is made of tougher stuff than some new members, (macfly, or whatever his name was, comes to mind) and possibly if she is willing to budge maybe we will be, but if she just continues making multiple posts that say the exact same thing, I see no need to be nice to her. Civil perhaps, but this is the internet, so probably not that either.
    And I completely agree with this.
    Just because you are new, young or even a girl in a male dominated world, it doesn't mean you can post such silly arguments without even elaborating them and using such strong words.

Perhaps Ferrer's comment could sound harsh, but I also think it's completely deserved.

All of us use to comment even about cars we never drove before, but usually we say "I think this car..." and not "this car is...".
    A subtle different use of the words.
    personal opinion =/= reality, and there is a way to pronounce even the best words of the world, let alone the worst ones, whatever the arguments is.

remember that member coming out of the blue saying he was going to buy (parents) a G8 or either an old 911, saying he also wrote an "essay" about the 911?
    I killed him with a very long post because after reading 10 pages of hi boring and stupid, childish and selfish points I had enough of his attitude and figured out he was probably pretty similar to the average dude who says he wants to learn stuff and hear what the other have to say but in the end just he just wants to show off his short thinghy.
    in the end he went away as he came.
    carlgirl is a different member, but has a similar problem.
    She came, pissed off everyone, she was gone, and now she's back with a pretty similar attitude.
    Even the supposed second chance isn't going to be much different.

I could even give her an infinite amount of chances, but I don't see any intention to really change a bit her attitude, way of writing, learning stuff or being this much open minded.

Harsh if you like, but to each his own, and I don't like how this is carrying on.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

whoa! hold up, hold up, i think i have found the issue here.
    Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    Try living in Canada

i kid
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I try living in Canada nearly every day. It works out pretty well.

clutch is busting out the Canada mockery with the sig and the try living in Canada.

I honestly don't know what's easier to make fun of - Australia ("Put another shrimp on the barbie!") or Canada ("Get out of your igloo Jim, we're going seal hunting!").

actually the sig was supposed to say new zealand, but iirc it didn't fit (or i was lazy)
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I try living in Canada nearly every day. It works out pretty well.

clutch is busting out the Canada mockery with the sig and the try living in Canada.

I honestly don't know what's easier to make fun of - Australia ("Put another shrimp on the barbie!") or Canada ("Get out of your igloo Jim, we're going seal hunting!").
    Don't forget the French ones, squarehead.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Totally agree with F6Hellcat here, it's not like we were out bashing Cargirl1990 here, we told her multiple times to basically stop making random threads and stop the trolling attitude.

When you continue, it just gets massively annoying.

from a mod perspective... she has received numerous PMs from me, and i'm sure form other mods as well telling her to chill out. she seems to get better after receiving these, then pretty quickly regresses to her former self. hopefully she will snap out of it permanently soon, or go away.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    k, this is for EVERYBODY who are members of this forum. i will stop my ignorrant and hate for Honda's and Toyota's. I apolaogize for all of the things that i have said and i will discuss nothing more of those kinds of things. I am going to try super hard to be nice on here and say not so ignorrant things anymore. if i slip, let me know. sometimes others can see what we're doing when we really can't see ourselves. no one is perfect and I thought about what i said and i feel terrible about these posts. i hope some of you forgive me. oh yeah, to anwser the driving the 3 of the sports cars. havn't driven them. don't have the money, single parent home, it kinda sucks.I did see a Supra gunning it down the road and i have to say, it sounded pretty good. the NSX, that thing is insane. guess i secretley like the two, guilty pleasure. I do have to admitt though, they do draw me in like a blackhole though.
    Last edited by cargirl1990; 05-06-2009 at 08:08 PM.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    k, this is for EVERYBODY who are members of this forum. i will stop my ignorrant and hate for Honda's and Toyota's. I apolaogize for all of the things that i have said and i will discuss nothing more of those kinds of things. I am going to try super hard to be nice on here and say not so ignorrant things anymore. if i slip, let me know. sometimes others can see what we're doing when we really can't see ourselves. no one is perfect and I thought about what i said and i feel terrible about these posts. i hope some of you forgive me. oh yeah, to anwser the driving the 3 of the sports cars. havn't driven them. don't have the money, single parent home, it kinda sucks.I did see a Supra gunning it down the road and i have to say, it sounded pretty good. the NSX, that thing is insane. guess i secretley like the two, guilty pleasure. I do have to admitt though, they do draw me in like a blackhole though.
    You're forgiven.

Now back to discussing cars.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    it's very hard to see what the car really looks like with that zebra paint scheeme.

nice video though.... thanks leon
    Nothing to say...

Thread Information