Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TRD is dead

Bit harsh on all Toyota people are boring lads...

The Aurion was always going to fail as most aussies dont like FWD sadly, its a pity Toyota doesnt have a decent RWD chassis here in aus as the Aurion motor and a good RWD chassis like the chaser and it would be accepeted alot more. The cost would have killed it though

A mate has a low kilometre JX100 TRD Chaser with the 1jzgte VVTI single turbo and thats the sort of car Toyota needs here, nice chassis, decent brakes, fantastic engine but fairly conservative in styling which I personally like rather than the HSV look at me I have a small penis styling. But in reality Toyota is a business and probably sees the 1% of the market not financally viable.

And if I hear another a FWD car cant handle quote I will vomit ,FWD cars can handle maybe you guys need to learn to drive one properly
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

yeah but a FWD car that big?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

True the front has a lot of weight but you have to drive to compensate for it slow in fast out, if it starts understeering lift or squeeze the brake for better turn in and maybe a little bit of off throttle oversteer. We have magnas that race with us thats would pants a RWD Falcadore saloon car and embarrass 99.9% of RWD road cars with a big heavy 3.8 v6 up front and heavy transaxle and a civic that races in my class that has corner speed coming out its arse, the guy who owns it used to race in the 944 porsche challenge and rekons his civic would pants his porkka The bum draggers may not be as much fun but to say their not fast is utter ignorance.

well a civic of course, with B series swaps they dominate the na 4cyl class in the sprint series (until westfields enter lol), but something as big as the aurion was never going to be a serious challenger as is.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    And if I hear another a FWD car cant handle quote I will vomit ,FWD cars can handle maybe you guys need to learn to drive one properly
    if it starts understeering lift or squeeze the brake for better turn in and maybe a little bit of off throttle oversteer.
    Thats the problem there. The majority of wannabe Mark Skaifes out there think the way to cure understeer is a good dose of the loud pedal, and all that does is induce it further in the Aurion.
    I am the Stig

Here's the problem:

If you wanted a reliable, well built and relatively economical large family sedan then an Aurion is a safe choice.

But if you wanted a mid price 'performance sedan' then the TRD Aurion becomes a very brave choice as compared with XR6T or SS.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

The only TRDs I've seen are the tacoma off road kits and stickers that people put on their ricers. Not really gonna miss either one, but if they did make better cars then maybe we're missing something. I'm still not convinced any of them were good, though.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    well a civic of course, with B series swaps they dominate the na 4cyl class in the sprint series (until westfields enter lol), but something as big as the aurion was never going to be a serious challenger as is.
    Dont get me started on the civic clutch, we have one in our class that waxes us but mine does better hangs
    Here's the problem:

If you wanted a reliable, well built and relatively economical large family sedan then an Aurion is a safe choice.

But if you wanted a mid price 'performance sedan' then the TRD Aurion becomes a very brave choice as compared with XR6T or SS.
    If you could get one for mid 40s I know which one I would buy but they are over priced when compared to the competition....... In a few years they make be worth a bit also due to the low volume numbers.

hello under 40 grand

Ive driven a pov pack Aurion and thought it was quite nice, the nephew usually hires a SX6 when he is in Sydney and tells me they are quite sharp in the handling dept and a fair bit quicker than a xr6
    Last edited by charged; 12-20-2008 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    The only TRDs I've seen are the tacoma off road kits and stickers that people put on their ricers. Not really gonna miss either one, but if they did make better cars then maybe we're missing something. I'm still not convinced any of them were good, though.
    by all accounts the TRD hilux is a hoot
    Dont get me started on the civic clutch, we have one in our class that waxes us but mine does better hangs
    in the sprints the classes are a bit broad imo... at least they're bringing in a separate class for the AWD girls next year though

-Insert Bucket-

Maybe Toyota got the whole idea wrong from day dot.. Marketing a car in HSV FPV price territory - Yet having it compete in XR6T SS land. A little strange it was almost in the middle of nowhere.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

T(U)RD... all it needs is you

Toyota never quite has the balls to do sporty properly.

Every time they get a half-decent sporty model, they go and kill it.
    e.g.
    1st front-drive Celica
    Twin-cam Corolla (the SX)
    The MR2

Hasta La Vista, TRD...

Thread Information